Lane Kiffin Hires D.J. Durkin at Ole Miss

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Staff has never been his issues. He had the Ogre at USC. His issue is coaching. It may be a good staff but he will be looking up at Alabama & LSU. Win the egg bowl and finish 7-9 wins would be his ceiling. That will be enough to keep him there for a bit.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

I heard it on sports radio driving in the car this afternoon. I looked to see if it had been posted on this site and didn’t see it but then realized somebody beat me to the punch by two hours. My thread should probably be merged at some point.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In before the merge (OXBUCKS!) Enjoy this Ole Miss season drama for as long as it has, because this sucker is headed to supernova.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I heard it on sports radio driving in the car this afternoon. I looked to see if it had been posted on this site and didn’t see it but then realized somebody beat me to the punch by two hours. My thread should probably be merged at some point.
I think yours is actually the third thread. ;)

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
After Lame gets canned, will Durkin be “rehabilitated” enough that we can hire him back?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffen can make great hires but when you run your staff like a Frat House (Not that I am opposed to that kind of partying..LOL) other than being a pain in the azz, Ole Piss will be Ole Piss.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Both of these dudes can recruit, and coach (sorry, naysayers). It’s gonna piss off Nick.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I hate to see Lame Kitten add Durkin because he's a good recruiter and position coach.

I also hated to see that Kirby Smart added Mat Luke as his "Offense of Line" coach...for the same reason.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would've liked to see Durkin come back here. our LBs and special teams were pretty good when he was here if I remember right

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Both Kiffen and Durkin are good coaches. There’s a cap on much Ole Miss can achieve though.

But that Plummer kid can run like the devil and they will probably resurrect Corral to some degree.

They’re not winning championships but they’ll give a few teams fits.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Durkin is a good coach and can recruit. Timing was right for him and Kiffy. With the Durkin history, the new HC, and Ole Piss' situation made this one of the few ways DJD could go to a bigger school.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ole Miss adds ousted Maryland coach D.J. Durkin to Lane Kiffin's new staff

Not surprisingly, the circumstances surrounding Durkin's dismissal from Maryland are apparently not a concern for LK and Ole Miss. I guess a guy who breeds a "toxic culture" around a football program is not really a deterrent in this case. :)

October 17 just got even more interesting!

What exactly is a “toxic culture?”

Is it like toxic masculinity or any of the other BS terms the woke people have invented?

I wonder if Durkins program was toxic before a player died?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator