LB Coach Jay Bateman to A&M as new DC

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Did you cut yourself?

My friend, you have serious anger issues. We're all passionate, but at the end of the day it's only football. I've gotten over two dozen PM's with people concerned about your well being. We don't want you to keel over, you have a family.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
AnM made it rain. Bates jumped. A&M leaked it before anyone knew to rain n Billy’s parade.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Did you cut yourself?

My friend, you have serious anger issues. We're all passionate, but at the end of the day it's only football. I've gotten over two dozen PM's with people concerned about your well being. We don't want you to keel over, you have a family.

I have had anger issues since before I joined this esteemed establishment. This is nothing new, apparently just like my post which you are mocking me about.

That hurt man. Cut straight to the bone.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have had anger issues since before I joined this esteemed establishment. This is nothing new, apparently just like my post which you are mocking me about.

That hurt man. Cut straight to the bone.
I would never mock someone who owned an M16. I consider you a national treasure, which is why I don't want you to drop dead on us over a game.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is it possible our assistant was keeping it to himself until the last minute?

Either way, I fully support getting these guys signed any possible way. If you need to withhold info to do it, withhold your brains out. These recruits want to play all kinds of stupid games, make a commitment and then back out at the last minute, it's a two-way street. They lie and jerk the coaches around every which way. Always good to see the coaches get these primadonnas back.

Graham wanted to be a Gator, right? So how the eff does it matter who his position coach is? If nothing else, Ernie should STFU in this situation and let his son speak for himself.

Earnest busted his ass for this place and unlike Billy Bob has been a big piece to the puzzle of a championship team at UF. You’re telling me if you were in his position you wouldn’t be miffed ? Billy rants about character and integrity every press conference and can’t give you the common courtesy of informing you and your son about who is coaching his position . It’s a slap in the face to Earnest and an insult to the Graham family .

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Earnest busted his ass for this place and unlike Billy Bob has been a big piece to the puzzle of a championship team at UF. You’re telling me if you were in his position you wouldn’t be miffed ? Billy rants about character and integrity every press conference and can’t give you the common courtesy of informing you and your son about who is coaching his position . It’s a slap in the face to Earnest and an insult to the Graham family .
You're a bloody idiot. Once it comes out that Napier didn't even know, I expect an apology from your dumb ass.

Graham was out of line and burned his Gator card.

Kevlo911

Oct 29, 2019
You're a bloody idiot. Once it comes out that Napier didn't even know, I expect an apology from your dumb ass.

If anything, it shows how much Billy doesn't know about his staff.

Graham may have made a mistake but him not being a gator is a bit rough

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I suspect Elko will be running the defense, just like Shart does and just like Saban does. If that is the case, Elko will need a guy who will toe the line and will hire someone who will do exactly as told. Just like Billy Taggert dare not hire or name anyone as OC that will not dare try and install anything remotely helpful in the pass game.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018

Dude, he's worried about his kid. I don't agree with the way he handled it but...burned his Gator card? No!

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

Someone sent Graham at tweet last night basically accusing him of assuming Napier knew. His response was something along the lines of him not assuming ****, he knows he knew.

99% of the time I agree, you don't tell the kids ****, do whatever it takes to get them to sign. But Ernest Graham and his son are the 1%. They moved to Gainesville a year ago getting ready for college, he wasn't gonna change his decision on where he went to school. It's a terrible look and retarded on sling blades part to put himself in the position to get called out by a gator great like that.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Someone sent Graham at tweet last night basically accusing him of assuming Napier knew. His response was something along the lines of him not assuming ****, he knows he knew.

99% of the time I agree, you don't tell the kids ****, do whatever it takes to get them to sign. But Ernest Graham and his son are the 1%. They moved to Gainesville a year ago getting ready for college, he wasn't gonna change his decision on where he went to school. It's a terrible look and retarded on sling blades part to put himself in the position to get called out by a gator great like that.

The story I heard was that Bateman was offered and declined. Then, later, aTm made a much bigger offer which Bateman accepted, and this was then leaked by aTm.

When did Napier find out about the first offer and declination, and when did Napier find out about the second offer and acceptance?

It could be that at some key point, Napier knew about the first part but did not yet know about the second part. That's just speculation though.

Alex.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

It’s only a terrible look for the university because Graham decided to spout it publicly. He didn’t have to do that. All he did was embarrass his son as well as the school he supposedly loves.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Also – speaks highly to his character that he waited until he brought in this great linebacker class before he left.
Sarcasm or ? I doubt he had a choice. Besides, we only signed two of the four LBs that were committed a month ago. Really, not a great LB class.

I have no idea if Bateman is good but I 100% do not blame him for doing whatever he had to do to land a DC position that puts millions in his account over 3 seasons especially since it's a coin flip if this staff will be here in 12 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator