LDR is your QB

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We've got more weapons than any season since 2009 and yet can't find a way to use them. My God, if Scarlett and Callaway were around, we'd be loaded.
Youre drunk, bro.

It is Kintucky. Trey Burton looks like a playmaker vs Kintucky. Brandon Powell looks like a playmaker vs Kintucky. It is Kintucky. (Same for Tinerc.)

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Honestly, I'd like to see more Toney at QB. I remember people laughing when some stat focused blogger brought out that Toney and Del Rio were the most accurate in HS.

Especially if we end up hiring a spread HC next anyway, we will need someone like him at QB.
He barely flicked his wrist and that thing went 40 yards almost on the dot. I wouldn't mind it

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know enough about Toney's quarterbacking to know if he's that good. The option pass was pure athletic and yet it takes that and discipline and smarts to effectively run an offense. But I'd sure like to know if he could.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
This team frustrates the crap out of me. We can go a half a game with three-and-outs and then all of a sudden -- boom! -- one the playmakers makes something happen.

We've got more weapons than any season since 2009 and yet can't find a way to use them. My God, if Scarlett and Callaway were around, we'd be loaded.
Most talented 121st ranked offense of all time IMHO

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is. Not gonna wet your Willy but it’s obviouse right now that Franks can’t string a 10 play drive together without flubbing it up, and at the very least LDR can just execute staying in front of the chains.. 2nd down and 6 not 2nd and 10. We’re just gonna be a team that wins ugly again.
This is the cold hard truth. Our best option is ldr and its not even close. I think we can beat mizzou vandy usce and fsu with ldr. Just enough to get bowl eligible.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine Chip Kelly with Kadarius Toney.
well, it looks better in my mind's eye than Chip Kelly with Franks, LDR or Corral.

Unfornuately, my memory is that he has scored 20 points or less even with Oregon talent every time he has played an SEC team. My minds eye has trouble imaging anything else in the future.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Franks has been yanked twice in 3 games. I'm sure that's great for confidence. He's probably done here. He'll transfer out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Corral stays in the class that's a go to next year. Franks reads a defense slower than a DMV wait line. It's incredibly suspicious that they refuse to let him throw over the middle
Franks was always a huge, huge project. It was alwasy going to take 3 years at least.

And I don't know about his slow motion delivery.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
LDR isn't gone.

He is a junior.
For some reason I had the guy pegged as a senior (wishful thinking). Appreciate the correction.

Either way, he is a bandaid for the coaching staff. Instead of looking towards the future and trying coach Franks, they bench him at the first sign of struggle. This staff truly has no clue.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
well, it looks better in my mind's eye than Chip Kelly with Franks, LDR or Corral.

Unfornuately, my memory is that he has scored 20 points or less even with Oregon talent every time he has played an SEC team. My minds eye has trouble imaging anything else in the future.

You're thinking of the loss to Auburn in the 2010 BCS Championship. The Oregon average vs. SEC teams since then is 38. Not sure how many of those were Kelly-coached teams.

Hey, it would have to be an improvement over now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're thinking of the loss to Auburn in the 2010 BCS Championship. The Oregon average vs. SEC teams since then is 38. Not sure how many of those were Kelly-coached teams.

Hey, it would have to be an improvement over now.
NOt with this roster.

We'd look like shyt trying to have our OL run 15 yards to teh right then pick up all their blocks on a stretch. Hell, they can hardly handle a sam blitz.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In the post game show they were talking about how LDR was constantly making line calls to pick up blitzers. This allowed the running game to function and for some passing lanes to open.

Not that he was a better passer. But that he knew how to read a defense.

If you recall, Franks never learned how to read a defense in high school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator