Leave it up to the Cowboys

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
"
The 2013 Heisman Trophy winner signed a four-year, $23.35 million contract Friday, less than 24 hours after being selected with the first pick of the NFL draft.

A person familiar with the contract, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the terms were not made public, said more than $16.6 million of the deal, which includes an option for a fifth year, is guaranteed.

Winston said he was glad to have ''the contract stuff out of the way,'' adding he hoped to get his hands on the team's playbook and start working as soon as possible.

''This whole thing has been long for me,'' the quarterback said of the months-long draft process.

''Football is what I'm here for,'' Winston added. ''I can't wait.''

Talks began Thursday, when the Bucs selected the former Florida State star, despite questions about off-the-field issues that threatened to undermine Winston's spot in the draft.http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tampa-bay-buccaneers-jameis-winston-four-year-contract-050115

That does not say 100%

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"
The 2013 Heisman Trophy winner signed a four-year, $23.35 million contract Friday, less than 24 hours after being selected with the first pick of the NFL draft.

A person familiar with the contract, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the terms were not made public, said more than $16.6 million of the deal, which includes an option for a fifth year, is guaranteed.

Winston said he was glad to have ''the contract stuff out of the way,'' adding he hoped to get his hands on the team's playbook and start working as soon as possible.

''This whole thing has been long for me,'' the quarterback said of the months-long draft process.

''Football is what I'm here for,'' Winston added. ''I can't wait.''

Talks began Thursday, when the Bucs selected the former Florida State star, despite questions about off-the-field issues that threatened to undermine Winston's spot in the draft.http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tampa-bay-buccaneers-jameis-winston-four-year-contract-050115

That does not say 100%

So a source says more than 16.6 is guaranteed, so that mean the total of 25,351,277 wasn't guaranteed... reading is a wonderful thing, maybe you should do that. because no where in here does it say it is not guaranteed.

Article doesn't even have the correct contract value.... great source.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Elliot is exactly the blend of size, speed, power, and endurance you want in back in today NFL. The dude is a legit playmaker.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The Bucs weren't the first either, Blake Bortles is 100% guaranteed.... but lets ***** because it's the Cowboys.

You are right on the money Doogie:

Contract details 6/18/2014: Signed a four-year, $20,654,796 contract.
The deal is fully guaranteed, including a $13,341,672 signing bonus.
2016: $2,297,710
2017: $3,236,565
2018: Club Option
2019: Free Agent

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see a knee injury within 2 years...

That's just the way it is.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Never argue with Dougie. He has too much time for research and enjoys it waaaay too much. :lol:

The items was the two of the top three searches on Google, the other one was the one in which GMD pulled up. It doesn't take time, just know where to look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.