Let’s talk Offensive Line—key to 2019 season!

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
You think too much.
Mullen does what he has to do to score points; it's as simple as that.
He works to make the most with what he has--and has done a pretty good job of it.
Mullen offense is not in stone.
Sure, he has a base philosophy but he is not beyond expanding his ideas.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Thank you. I appreciate it. I wanted to know if the offense (the sets, etc.) precluded more than an occasional down field pass. Inquiring minds want to know.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you. I appreciate it. I wanted to know if the offense (the sets, etc.) precluded more than an occasional down field pass. .
The occasional downfield pass? Yes, we occasionally throw downfield.

We run very simplistic patterns when we do.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how many of you remember that 96 OL..

I had to go look to remember all the names. It appears 3 of those guys had good NFL careers and I only remember the one bad game against FSU before the championship game.

The 95 O line looked good also except for getting wrecked in the 2nd half in that Nebraska game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We had 2 of our starter oline out for that game. I want to say Donnie Young was the main one. They were back for the second game and what a difference.
Jeff Mitchell too, I think. And we had freshman Damnit Mo Collins starting.

I think we played three freshmen for that clown Town game.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Jeff Mitchell too, I think. I think we played three freshmen for that clown Town game.

And we had freshman Damnit Mo Collins starting.

I think your right. I remember Danny getting sacked over and over and never once complaining or showing any wear. He made it up the next game though....

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is that Mullen came into a very poor situation and turned it around in year one. We were improved in almost every way possible with most of the same players from the year before. Why shouldn't I expect continued improvement from the players/team in the second year with the play book, 2 years of better S/C, 2 years of team chemistry building, improved coaching and another year of maturity from the upper class-men? I agree with OX, some of you talk like Mstain is still here. It seems some of you think people don't grow-up and most get better with age and experience and we have experience at almost every position, even if we don't have over-powering talent.
There in no reason to expect this team to take a step back........ Year 2 will be Great!

:chomp:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Hevsey loves this guy and his ability to keep both sides of the O Line on the same page.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Not OLine, but can be a great player this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator