jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
For those who want to listen to Mick and turn the TV
sound down but don't have good radio reception
download 'Iheartradio'.

540 AM in Orlando is on Iheartradio and they broadcast
the gator games. Mick will tell you what happens about
fifteen seconds before you see it on TV.

It's a great way to enjoy the game.

Go Gators.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
This is what I do. You might be able to get it online also at WRUF 850. I know there is a listen live option, but I've never checked it at game time. . Also on FM in the Gainesville area, it is broadcast on FM 103.7 The FM station broadcasts either a little quicker or slower,than the am .

I much prefer the coverage they give Being radio, they describe the plays instead of discussing other games and also give information about events on sideline, field, locker room that the TV crews don't cover. They also give much more attention to who is involved in the play. . I think the lag is sometimes more than 15 seconds for me with watching stream, but not sure. Also, for some people, having heard the play may take away some of the excitement of watching the play unfold without knowing the outcome. . It works for me though.

Edit:: AM850 is now FM95.3 Links are in post further down.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can you pause the radio stream for 15 seconds and then resume playing? Or does it just go live when you hit play again?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n276781 said:
Can you pause the radio stream for 15 seconds and then resume playing? Or does it just go live when you hit play again?
iheartradio just streams the live stations, so you can't pause it.
you can pause the music if you use it like Pandora, but not the live stations, it just goes back to the live stream, usually delayed a few seconds from actual broadcast.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I used to listen to games a lot especially those not on TV back in the day. It would annoy me to have a timing difference. I probably should listen to the pre game show, halftime, and post game. Lots of times I am doing something else before and after.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You pretty much have to be a Jedi to sync up the radio and TV broadcast.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just downloaded the app. I'm going to try to listen to the Orlando feed tonight and see how it is. I rarely get to hear Mick in action up here in Boston.

Shortcast

Lifetime Member
Aug 10, 2015
Last year there was a place you could call to listen to the radio feed and you could sync it with your TV. I did it a few times and it was great. I like to hear the half time discussions from Mick and you obviously don't get that on the TV. I haven't tried the number yet this year to see if it is still operational. Will try it tonight....here is the number if you wish to try. ...712-432-7010

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
I really wish we could watch it live with Mick commentating. He's one of the best in the biz and a great Gator. OH MY!!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shortcast;n276887 said:
Last year there was a place you could call to listen to the radio feed and you could sync it with your TV. I did it a few times and it was great. I like to hear the half time discussions from Mick and you obviously don't get that on the TV. I haven't tried the number yet this year to see if it is still operational. Will try it tonight....here is the number if you wish to try. ...712-432-7010

I don't know if its up and running this year but here is what you're talking about:
https://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=26169

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n276892 said:
I don't know if its up and running this year but here is what you're talking about:
https://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=26169

Looks like it is up and running this year. I will try this instead of iHeartRadio. Good thing long distance calls are free these days!
https://www.gatorzone.com/listings/audionow
TVESPN2
Live VideoWatchESPN
Radio
Pre-Game Coverage Begins at 4:00pm
Gator IMG Sports Network (Station List)
Sirius Ch. 132 | XM Ch. 204
Live AudioGatorVision | TuneIn
AudioNowListen via phone call; synch with TV broadcast. More info.
TV ReplaysSun. 9/13 – 12:00pm – SEC Network
Weds. 9/16 – 12:00am – SEC Network
On-Demand Video ReplayWatchESPN

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n276781 said:
I paused when I read this. I then resumed reading.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna give this a try. I have listened to the game on the Tune~in app and the local Gainesville radio station. But this will be nice to be able to slow down the feed...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Mick may tell you what happens 15 seconds before you see it on TV but the chance that the info is inaccurate is great. Mick loves the Gators but he is an awful play by play guy. Impossible to follow the action or the ball and he is awful at yardage and numbers and math. Impossible to visualize what is happening listening to him Fandom does not make a good announcer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.