giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This will be an epic showcase of stupid coaching. Im sure each will make several firing-worthy boneheaded mistakes from both sides. The only thing that could make this thing better is if the loser had to play Lil Beamer for the undisputed championship.

Take some solace in the fact that we only payed $50 mil for our idiot. scUM pays $100 mil (plus the Oregon buyout) for their idiot.
Yeah, sounds like a replay of the game 2019.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, sounds like a replay of the game 2019.
Dan is lazy as hell, but not dumb. He is too lazy to watch game film on opponents, to do gameprep and gameplans, to recruit, or do anything else, but you can tell by the fact that most of his halftime adjustments worked that he is actually smart enough to realize what is going on out there on the field.

Billy has an IQ of a lukewarm cup of water. He would be outmatched by most middle school coaches. Totally different.

The scUM sideline is about the same as before though. Moron after moron down there.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dan is lazy as hell, but not dumb. He is too lazy to watch game film on opponents, to do gameprep and gameplans, to recruit, or do anything else, but you can tell by the fact that most of his halftime adjustments worked that he is actually smart enough to realize what is going on out there on the field.

Billy has an IQ of a lukewarm cup of water. He would be outmatched by most middle school coaches. Totally different.

The scUM sideline is about the same as before though. Moron after moron down there.

It’s probably what makes Mullen the most infuriating to me. Perfect example of a guy who can coach and is smart enough to win, but just doesn’t care to and is in a field where he’ll be compensated regardless. I’ve always said my biggest concern with his hiring was how he was content to stay in Starkville so long, knowing his inevitability each year. Meyer, Spurrier, even Fisch this year, knew what they had to strike because they couldn’t stand the thought of the alternative. It’s what also tells me what we have in BN. No winner would be able to stomach the past 25 games and be ok with the course. He wants to win. But is also content to lose.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s probably what makes Mullen the most infuriating to me. Perfect example of a guy who can coach and is smart enough to win, but just doesn’t care to and is in a field where he’ll be compensated regardless. I’ve always said my biggest concern with his hiring was how he was content to stay in Starkville so long, knowing his inevitability each year. Meyer, Spurrier, even Fisch this year, knew what they had to strike because they couldn’t stand the thought of the alternative. It’s what also tells me what we have in BN. No winner would be able to stomach the past 25 games and be ok with the course. He wants to win. But is also content to lose.
Meyer, Spurrier, Saban, etc... hate to lose far more than they like winning. Everyone likes to win.... but to hate to lose with every fiber of your being is what makes the great coaches great.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
yup, the best coaches are the ones that absolutely hate losing and lower the boom on underperformers when it happens.

we give losers contract extensions, talk about how good the team culture is, and jettison anyone whos angry enough about the losses to speak up about them harshly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s probably what makes Mullen the most infuriating to me. Perfect example of a guy who can coach and is smart enough to win, but just doesn’t care to and is in a field where he’ll be compensated regardless.

Even worse is when he is forced to throw the ball around a little (like 06 NC game) or perhaps with Trash (though Im convinced it was Brian calling the plays) he CAN actually put a competent offense on the field.

Then he goes back to option, option, screen pass, punt the very next game like freaking clockwork.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I thought Mullen hung himself up on his arrogance, which was a key concern many of us had with the hire. The pitch was he’d grown out of that. At first he appeared to have, but it drove his downfall.

Confident in his coaching and scheming, he didn’t like or value recruiting nearly enough. He could/should have hired assistants who were great recruiters - hire to offset his weakness. They failed to recruit guys to replace Greenard, Zuniga & Polite, and we haven’t gotten to the QB since. When the reluctant, arrogant recruiter got a show-cause penalty, he went into his office to sulk for a year and a half until he was fired.

He had a 10-win ceiling anyway, which if he’d done that consistently could have gone on for 6-8 years or more.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If Dooley starts saying, I told you so from the beginning about this guy, then we know it's over.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Dooley starts saying, I told you so from the beginning about this guy, then we know it's over.
Dooley is the last windowlicker to know.

He still thinks Butters is safe and that he knows more than gidiots. "Coach is doing great so long as the buffet is free!"

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Well there’s a couple of good things about all these young unknown coaches that we see on the sidelines…they all seem to have beards and can jump around in unison while holding up placards with catchy phrases like “Money Down” and so forth. Surely that’s some indicator of actual football coaching acumen despite the inability to make sure all the proper subs are in and that we have at least eleven on the field each snap?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

“There’s a feeling around the Gators of ‘what the heck are we doing?’ There’s a lot of questions that I don’t have the answers to about organization,” said Spurrier. “Just because you hire the most people doesn’t mean you’re going to win. All these extra people, I question how much that really helps.
“Billy [Napier] is a good guy who works his tail off. I like Billy, good family man. But we do wish the organization was a little bit more tidy.”

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
“There’s a feeling around the Gators of ‘what the heck are we doing?’ There’s a lot of questions that I don’t have the answers to about organization,” said Spurrier. “Just because you hire the most people doesn’t mean you’re going to win. All these extra people, I question how much that really helps.
“Billy [Napier] is a good guy who works his tail off. I like Billy, good family man. But we do wish the organization was a little bit more tidy.”
Dang...SOS in line for prostitutes. Its a sad day in hogtowne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.