7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There are a lot of KFCs in Kintucky.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I'm forever grateful for his spinning/flinging interception that kept the UK streak alive, one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen.
Quitting smoking after 35 years was a breeze compared to staying on a healthy diet, I wish him the best.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, 500 lbs.

Good luck, big guy. It can be done and with a team of professionals helping his chances are pretty good that he'll lose the weight. It's keeping it off when the cameras and trainers go away that's going to be the real challenge.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Wish him nothing but the best. It's not easy to give you junk food and start exercising. I give credit to anyone willing to better themselves.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
last thing he needs is stomach surgery. his stomach will shrink, he just needs to eat right

Just the few local cases I know about here that lost a bunch of weight - they all went back to being obese except the ones that had the stomach surgery.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen stomach surgery fail.

I am no expert on it but I thought it took most of the willpower stuff out of the equation. The ones I have seen that had it done lost a ton of weight and usually settled in for the long haul just a little overweight.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One of the funniest movie scenes of all time:

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am no expert on it but I thought it took most of the willpower stuff out of the equation. The ones I have seen that had it done lost a ton of weight and usually settled in for the long haul just a little overweight.
It does in the beginning, but you have to modify your eating post surgery anyway. It's a bypass, meaning they bypass part of your digestion. I think you have to cut out fatty foods, but not positive. So why do surgery when you have to change your diet anyway.

Surgeries are not only dangerous in and of themselves, but they are largely being performed by general surgeons, who are typically the worst surgeons in the industry.

He has a great support staff and can easily lose 10lbs a month. So in a couple years, he could lose almost half his weight in a much safer fashion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, some actually expand their stomachs back or even rip out the stitches. It depends on the surgery. Some just decrease the size of the stomach and some bypass it altogether.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard of a procedure where they don't do surgery but instead put a balloon inside your stomach to make you feel full all the time.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard of a procedure where they don't do surgery but instead put a balloon inside your stomach to make you feel full all the time.

They had to special order a balloon for the Hefty Lefty.

95e19aa7eaa7c35a38a11bd9f3152a25.jpg

Alex.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to update his wikipedia page...listed as 320...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think "feeling full" is the problem. With many people once they get large enough their insulin starts working against them. It floods the cells which become highly resistant to it, so they still feel terrible with no energy, literally like they are still starving, while that same insulin tells the liver still packs away the pounds. It becomes a vicious circle.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think "feeling full" is the problem. Once you get large enough your insulin starts working against you. It floods the cells which become resistant to it, so you still feel terrible with no energy and starved as if you hadn't eaten at all, while the liver still packs away the pounds. It becomes a vicious circle.
Well, fat clogs the cells and prevents efficient insulin usage, thus the flooding you talked about. I believe insulin is also used during the conversion of stored energy into actual energy, but not 100% on that. Insulin does cause inflammation, which leads to several other health issues. I can't believe he's not diabetic already.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He has an amazing pancreas, apparently.
I mean, type 2 isn't so much about the pancreas as the cells inability to efficiently use the insulin. But, he described a diet that should've given him type two years ago. I wonder how clogged his arteries are? He has to be close to death's door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.