LSU Game

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Mizz's offense plays into our hands. Their defense will be the test. They don't like to blitz. They like getting pressure with their front 4 and mixing coverage to confuse the quarterback. This is exactly the kind of defense that can give a freshman QB fits.

As far as LSU goes, that game is simple. They are going to try and ram it down our throats. If they do, they will won. If our D stands up to them, we'll win.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our defense is at its best when we line up in the nickel and play teams that like to play 3-4 WR sets. LSU will be the first power run team that we face this year, and with our depth at LB, the fact that they have the best RB in the nation, and because their Harris can run the ball well too, our defense isn't a good match-up with their offense. I think our defense when playing at its best can slow them down; however, the offense and Grier will need to help the defense out and make plays to win like they did against UT, except hopefully they won't need to convert so many 4th downs. I'm glad they are playing Mizzou on the road the week before. The atmosphere there isn't close to Baton Rouge, but the experience playing on the road will be good for younger players.

Anyways, it is very possible that both teams will be undefeated and in the top 10 by the time the game is played. The winner will probably be moved into the top 5 if LSU isn't there already. This is a huge game for both schools and it will determine if we are legit contenders to win the conference or simply just contenders to win the East, which unfortunately today isn't that impressive.

Instigator

Sep 6, 2014
I agree JB. Sure hope we get Anzalone back for this game. He was playing great and we need quality depth against a tough ground game. Wish we had more news on his status other than "duct tape"

Also might need to get Marcell Harris more playing time as he is good tackler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
GatorJB;n292496 said:
Our defense is at its best when we line up in the nickel and play teams that like to play 3-4 WR sets. LSU will be the first power run team that we face this year, and with our depth at LB, the fact that they have the best RB in the nation, and because their Harris can run the ball well too, our defense isn't a good match-up with their offense. I think our defense when playing at its best can slow them down; however, the offense and Grier will need to help the defense out and make plays to win like they did against UT, except hopefully they won't need to convert so many 4th downs. I'm glad they are playing Mizzou on the road the week before. The atmosphere there isn't close to Baton Rouge, but the experience playing on the road will be good for younger players.

Anyways, it is very possible that both teams will be undefeated and in the top 10 by the time the game is played. The winner will probably be moved into the top 5 if LSU isn't there already. This is a huge game for both schools and it will determine if we are legit contenders to win the conference or simply just contenders to win the East, which unfortunately today isn't that impressive.

With Anzalone still in a sling, I doubt he's ready for LSU. He may be able to go against UGA with a few more weeks.

I noticed Sheritt getting a number of reps against Ole Miss. Gators may need to have him at LB for Fournette.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saturday night in Death Valley. That's the way it was meant to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.