Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I gave up hope of ever understanding the NCAA and their stupid rules.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The moral of the story here is nothing is binding until a signed LOI is in hand. If you are gonna provide bene's to a kid that hasnt handed you a signed LOI, don't be surprised when it comes back to bite you in the arrsss.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I might think that would be considered an enticement

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Just heard on the Brady Ackerman show that LSU can't give financial aid to Early Enrollees for the next two years because of this violation. Also he had Brent Beard on and he said to stay tuned because this story was just getting started.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. That means zero EEs.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Makes me wonder if les miles seat may be heating up. This is a couple mediocre seasons in a row. The fanbase at LSU has hardly ever been happy with him. He's got a huge salary. I'm not saying he's on the seat but he may start feeling pressure if they have another mediocre season. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, their qb situation is a mess and they just lost chavis, the one constant in that program.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Woodrow Boudreaux dun be gettin' phired up. It will be intersting for sure. Make sure you have that LOI before you give them anything.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n185754 said:
Makes me wonder if les miles seat may be heating up. This is a couple mediocre seasons in a row. The fanbase at LSU has hardly ever been happy with him. He's got a huge salary. I'm not saying he's on the seat but he may start feeling pressure if they have another mediocre season. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, their qb situation is a mess and they just lost chavis, the one constant in that program.

I agree. That being said the SEC as a whole might not be as dominant for the next couple of years. Not that it won't still be the best overall football in the country, it will. However as much of a stink as everybody made about the west being so great last year it was shocking to see how they performed as a whole in late season games and bowl games in particular.
As far as LSU goes they seem to be in a fierce recruiting battle with TAMU now that they are in the SEC....It doesn't seem like we ever hear about who Mizzou is recruiting but it leaves me wondering if expansion of the conference a few tears back is not watering down our conference just a bit.... As far as LSU and this violation and penalty goes, F'em, it's nice to see someone get into trouble every once in a while for breaking the rules. Now if the NCAA would just do something about Bama and FSUX then maybe we would be on a level playing field with them too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest problem is that 11 of the coaches disdain offense. Its like watching 1950s football again.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n185797 said:
The biggest problem is that 11 of the coaches disdain offense. Its like watching 1950s football again.

You would think that they would learn from our downturn but it does seem that a lot of coaches in this conference feel like they can win with talent alone. Perhaps if Mac brings some imaginative offense back to our program then we can take advantage of this situation the same way SOS did when he took over. I love a strong running game and think that you have to have one to win championships but at some point you also have to balance it out with a functional passing game....LSU is over the last 3 or 4 years looking a lot like we have other than they've had better RB's and offensive lines but their passing game pretty much sucks second only to ours. Freeze will be no different which is why I was opposed to him coming here.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
LSU has managed a good running game (my lord, Fournette is and will be a beast) and decent OL, but as noted, their QBs have been suspect at best. Thing is, they've had some pretty good receivers when they do get to a passing down, and a lot of Les Miles' black magic voodoo at work. I'm still waiting for him to run out of luck. But yeah, not much QB and a miracleplay when needed from a WR.

Still, I doubt his seat gets warm, especially if he can beat Bama again.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
WobbleGator;n185870 said:
How was it shocking? Name the last great QB that has played at LSU in the past decade.

I'm not saying they've had any great QB's there in the last 10 years, but they've certainly had better than Anthony Jennings. He was absolutely Driskel-like last year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n185870 said:
How was it shocking? Name the last great QB that has played at LSU in the past decade.

Good point. Even Rapenburger was inconsistent at best.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n185774 said:
As far as LSU goes they seem to be in a fierce recruiting battle with TAMU now that they are in the SEC....It doesn't seem like we ever hear about who Mizzou is recruiting but it leaves me wondering if expansion of the conference a few tears back is not watering down our conference just a bit.... .

you know, I never thought of that. Lsu and anm have been battling for recruits since the move. That's a pretty good point. Missouri on the other hand, they don't snag the top recruits like the other schools. I think they've just benefited from us being down and they have a good staff in place.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
aTm joining the SEC certainly didn't help LSU recruiting any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.