Recruiting Mac already meeting Recruits (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n137726 said:
@cecejeferson7: Might use the last three weekends of January to visit Lsu again,Auburn,And Ole miss!

See what I mean... He's posting pictures with UF gear on and chuckie dolls about every five minutes but he's visiting damn near every school in the SEC in between.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;137727 said:
I'm starting to worry that Jefferson is trolling UF. He posts a pro-UF picture about twice a week, yet he's visiting every school under the sun. Starting to remind me of Dalvin Cook, who would Gator chomp every time there was a camera in front of him, yet never intended to go to UF.

I don't get that from him. Dalvin Cook visited FSU and talked with their staff A LOT the last couple weeks before he flipped. CeCe just really enjoys his official visits. I mean, do we even think he's going to go to Cincinnati? With as much as he tweets about them you would think so. But of course that's not a realistic destination. And he has spent just about every other week in Gainesville.

I think he is still truly undecided and that's why he has not committed. He can't even spend more time with Coach Mac because of the dead period.

I follow him on Twitter and I can tell you that he looooooves Twitter. And he really enjoys the fans constantly massaging his ego. Which is okay. I mean, he is still only a high school kid.

I would be surprised if he went to another school. Because he really loves UF. And coach Mac has made him a huge priority.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n137727 said:
I'm starting to worry that Jefferson is trolling UF. He posts a pro-UF picture about twice a week, yet he's visiting every school under the sun. Starting to remind me of Dalvin Cook, who would Gator chomp every time there was a camera in front of him, yet never intended to go to UF.

I hope you're wrong, but I'm kind of getting that feeling too. The whole back and forth tweet thing with all the Gator love just seems a bit fabricated to me. I guess after what Cook and Lane did, it's easy to see trolling everywhere. Those two made an art of trolling UF last year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;137745 said:
I hope you're wrong, but I'm kind of getting that feeling too. The whole back and forth tweet thing with all the Gator love just seems a bit fabricated to me. I guess after what Cook and Lane did, it's easy to see trolling everywhere. Those two made an art of trolling UF last year.

i'll give you that Cook was trolling UF but I think Lane just left because the offense was such a pitiful disaster. And I don't remember him trolling us at all. In fact he was relatively silent until about two weeks prior to national signing day, when he ended up decommitting. So he actually decommitted a couple weeks prior to signing day when he signed with FSU.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorJ;n137747 said:
i'll give you that Cook was trolling UF but I think Lane just left because the offense was such a pitiful disaster. And I don't remember him trolling us at all. In fact he was relatively silent until about two weeks prior to national signing day, when he ended up decommitting. So he actually decommitted a couple weeks prior to signing day when he signed with FSU.

You're correct. Lane went elsewhere because he just couldn't imagine himself playing in such a dysfunctional offense. He even had some cordial tweets to UF fans on the way out.

Cook wasn't ideal, admittedly. But I really can't blame him either. He'd committed and was all Gator until about half way through the season. As much as I do think he trolled us toward the end, I truly think he--like others--was still looking for something to look promising to happen. Basically, I don't think it was his intention to troll us or flip. WM really gave him no choice.

We're probably going to see several, if not all, of those big names that we've been banking on go elsewhere. It's sad because they're Gator fans and have been since they were kids. With an even modest increase improvement this year, they're probably all three Gators. The damage has been done, and it's probably too late to get them back. The only thing that bothers me is their interest in possibly following the guy who created this disaster at their favorite program in the first place. I don't recall any USC commits or leans following LK to Alabama last year. Maybe those kids just "got it" more. Either way, we'll be fine moving forward.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n137745 said:

Yes, Gator chomping mere hours before they committed to FSU.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This class may be a problem but I see better days coming...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n137752 said:
You're correct. Lane went elsewhere because he just couldn't imagine himself playing in such a dysfunctional offense. He even had some cordial tweets to UF fans on the way out.

Cook wasn't ideal, admittedly. But I really can't blame him either. He'd committed and was all Gator until about half way through the season. As much as I do think he trolled us toward the end, I truly think he--like others--was still looking for something to look promising to happen. Basically, I don't think it was his intention to troll us or flip. WM really gave him no choice.

We're probably going to see several, if not all, of those big names that we've been banking on go elsewhere. It's sad because they're Gator fans and have been since they were kids. With an even modest increase improvement this year, they're probably all three Gators. The damage has been done, and it's probably too late to get them back. The only thing that bothers me is their interest in possibly following the guy who created this disaster at their favorite program in the first place. I don't recall any USC commits or leans following LK to Alabama last year. Maybe those kids just "got it" more. Either way, we'll be fine moving forward.

None of the players you mentioned were fans or theyd be gators. Your exactly right about us not getting any big names, we're not. John Brantley was a gator fan and was going to be a gator no matter what. I know he didn't pan out real well but that's just an example of a kid going to a school no matter what because of how big a fan. These kids that grow up "Florida fans " are sell outs in my book , they just jump on the hot teams bandwagon rather than represent their squad.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;137834 said:
None of the players you mentioned were fans or theyd be gators. Your exactly right about us not getting any big names, we're not. John Brantley was a gator fan and was going to be a gator no matter what. I know he didn't pan out real well but that's just an example of a kid going to a school no matter what because of how big a fan. These kids that grow up "Florida fans " are sell outs in my book , they just jump on the hot teams bandwagon rather than represent their squad.

I don't buy that. This coaching staff was so bad that if you had any offensive talent and a shot at the next level, you jeopardized your future in coming here.

I expect Mac to change that.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n137694 said:
I'm not kidding. He was a relative or someone that was closely associated with Chimp. His fanboi was insane. He's on a Barn board now. There are a couple of others if you look carefully.

Nothing but the truth with this statement. Made you sick most of the time. Good riddance.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Jalen_Merrick: Narrowed it down to two, mind almost made up 🏈 #Decisions

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Reading these guys Twitter feeds it's obvious that they love the attention. For example, CeCe Jefferson took a photo of him holding a Chuckie doll while wearing a Gators jacket. Today he mentions visiting LSU, Auburn, and Ole Miss. These kids think they are celebrities with all the attention it brings them before picking a school. I really hate what technology and the star ratings has done to recruiting and these kids. Many may never pan out at the next level.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n137752 said:
It's sad because they're Gator fans and have been since they were kids. With an even modest increase improvement this year, they're probably all three Gators.

You mean going from 100+ on offense to 91st wasn't enough to get them jacked up?!?!? :headscratch:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n137834 said:

Well, I don't know any of them personally, but it has been widely reported that they are UF fans and were considered leans the moment they entered the recruiting cycle. There are numerous noles on the Rivals board that had conceded at least two of those three going back to just after NSD last year, stating that they were Gators. Imo, that 's the only reason we were even in the picture with them. There were comments from each of them about the coaching situation here and wanting to see how it shook out before they committed. You don't do that unless you really want to be there. If we win 2-3 more games, and WM is on firm ground, I don't think we'd be having this conversation.

And it's kind of tough to say Brantley was all Gator when he was committed to Texas for months before deciding to stay home, largely at the encouragement of Bell. From a business standpoint, I think UT made a lot more sense for him, though I'm not convinced he's a good QB once the bullets start flying, regardless of system. That's a separate debate. But ftr, guys like Demps, Brandon James, Harvin and even Wuerffel were fans of the noles growing up, but made business decisions to jump on the school that was running at the time. That's not entirely uncommon. Kids are making career decisions, many of them coming from desperate backgrounds. And it works both ways. If we insist on kids who grew up Gators coming to UF--regardless of whether or not it makes sense for them--then shouldn't we be obligated to offer kids who want to come here, even if it doesn't make sense for us? We've created the problem, and have no one to blame but ourselves if they opt to go elsewhere.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Alagator;n137870 said:
You mean going from 100+ on offense to 91st wasn't enough to get them jacked up?!?!? :headscratch:

Clearly, they have no grip.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n137878 said:
Well, I don't know any of them personally, but it has been widely reported that they are UF fans and were considered leans the moment they entered the recruiting cycle. There are numerous noles on the Rivals board that had conceded at least two of those three going back to just after NSD last year, stating that they were Gators. Imo, that 's the only reason we were even in the picture with them. There were comments from each of them about the coaching situation here and wanting to see how it shook out before they committed. You don't do that unless you really want to be there. If we win 2-3 more games, and WM is on firm ground, I don't think we'd be having this conversation.

And it's kind of tough to say Brantley was all Gator when he was committed to Texas for months before deciding to stay home, largely at the encouragement of Bell. From a business standpoint, I think UT made a lot more sense for him, though I'm not convinced he's a good QB once the bullets start flying, regardless of system. That's a separate debate. But ftr, guys like Demps, Brandon James, Harvin and even Wuerffel were fans of the noles growing up, but made business decisions to jump on the school that was running at the time. That's not entirely uncommon. Kids are making career decisions, many of them coming from desperate backgrounds. And it works both ways. If we insist on kids who grew up Gators coming to UF--regardless of whether or not it makes sense for them--then shouldn't we be obligated to offer kids who want to come here, even if it doesn't make sense for us? We've created the problem, and have no one to blame but ourselves if they opt to go elsewhere.

You're right,we are to blame when it comes to recruiting. But i disagree about it being a career decision with a lot of these kids. They re looking for the trendy thing to do.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n137886 said:
You're right,we are to blame when it comes to recruiting. But i disagree about it being a career decision with a lot of these kids. They re looking for the trendy thing to do.

I think those two things go hand in hand. How does a team become trendy? When guys like Mike Miller, Love, etc suddenly wanted to become Cavaliers, was it because Cleveland was suddenly a trendy place? No, it was because the team emerged as a winner and they could see success there.

My point is we've been on the winning side of the "trend" and had no issue with those kids going against their childhood favorite. Kind of hard to be too hard on them now that we're that fat girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.