Mac and Company on the Trail

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
love the comment on if we are waiting to signing day to make a splash. Been saying that for 7 years now and I'll believe it when I see it.
Yeah...I saw that and immediately started laughing. Looks like he hasn't been paying attention to signing day since Meyer left because we haven't done anything lately but get trolled.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its great to recruit Cali kids because one might stick but that's a loooooooobg distance and those kids hardly ever come out this way. If we lose him it's to the casualty of recruiting Cali kids more than it is our staff sucking. At least that's what I'm convincing myself to believe
I don't want them to stick. They are over-rated, every damn one.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Thank god this made it to the 4th page so I didn't have to keep scrolling for an hour to see anything new on the third

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Zach has a story up. I don't like the DT options. Getting Truesdale looks good, but that seems like the only sure get (and we know how "sure" our recruiting has been). I don't like that there's not other names listed (as Plan B options). Why not??

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/zachs-mail-stack-could-florida-lose-its-top-commitment

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — As expected, recruiting has heated up this week with Florida coaches on the road for the contact period.

The Gators will host several official visitors this weekend and then begin bowl prep before making their final push toward National Signing Day.

Here are the top five question for this week:

Oregon offered Zachary Carter. Does he drop his UF commitment and pack his bags for the West Coast?
(From @yianniproto)

Oregon isn’t the only school pursing the 4-star defensive end from Tampa, Fla. Alabama has also extended an offer to Carter, who is Florida’s top-rated commitment.

Carter is considering January visits to both Alabama and Oregon, but it will be difficult for those programs to flip him. He’s been solid to UF since his summer pledge and is actively recruiting for the Gators.

If Carter were to switch schools, Oregon would seemingly have a better chance than Alabama because of his familiarity with new Ducks coach Willie Taggart, who recruited him to South Florida.

But no coach has a relationship with Carter that comes close to his bond with UF assistant Chris Rumph, who is Carter’s primary recruiter and future position coach. Rumph conducted an in-home visit with him Thursday night.

What’s the realistic chances of us getting QB Jarrett Stidham?
(From @Dupree4Three, @DonaldLiscomb, @fjc0nc8, @NardoFaSho, @beersmartha)

Florida coach Jim McElwain and offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier made a strong impression on Stidham during their in-home visit last Sunday. They sold him on the success of the past two seasons and their need for a quarterback in 2017.

Stidham was recruited by Nussmeier when he was at Alabama and Michigan, so they have history together and that helps. The visit was Stidham’s first time meeting McElwain and he liked his vision for the offense and the program.

However, those would efforts will be for naught if they can’t get the nation’s No. 1 junior college prospect on campus for an official visit. As of Thursday night, there’s still no word on whether he’ll take a trip to Florida before the dead period.

Stidham has until Dec. 12 to make it to Gainesville and plans to decide on a school before Christmas. If he doesn’t visit UF, the writing will be on the wall for Auburn. The Tigers have been all over him since he left Baylor in July.

What’s the news on RB Adarius Lemons?
(From @That_dang_B, @_Gators, @PeteE)

With Jordan Cronkrite now off the team for good, the Gators are trying to get Lemons back in the fold. He’s had a wild recruitment to say the least.

Lemons flipped from North Carolina to Florida on July 24, decommitted from UF on Aug. 22, recommitted the following day and then decommitted again on Oct. 25 after being dismissed from his high school football team.

Once ranked the No. 1 running back in Florida, Lemons is now rated a 3-star prospect and his stock is down because he hasn’t played for Clearwater this fall. Nonetheless, he’s still a dynamic player and wants to attend UF.

Gators running back coach Tim Skipper had an in-home visit with Lemons on Thursday and will continue to keep tabs on him. If he qualifies academically and resolves his off-the-field issues, Lemons will likely rejoin the class.

For what it’s worth, I expect it to happen.

How do you see the DT recruiting shaking out?
(Fr@AnthonyHaygood, @ConnorMcCown, @NardoFaSho)

If today were signing day, Florida would land 3-star defensive tackle Tyrone Truesdell from Augusta, Ga. UF has been his leader for a few months and needs his services now more than ever.

It’s possible that junior college transfer Javier Edwards could still sign with the Gators, but they’re out of the picture for former commits Fred Hansard and Jordon Scott. Their No. 1 target at the position, 5-star recruit Aubrey Solomon from Leesburg, Ga., will give UF his final official visit on Jan. 27.

Florida must knock it out of the park to get a pledge from Solomon, who’s been all over the place in his recruitment with six different leaders named publicly. When he visits next month, it will be his first trip to UF in almost a year. Fortunately for the Gators, he’s an impressionable kid.

If they can’t sway Solomon, I like their chances with local defensive tackle Cory Durden from Newberry, Fla. The 3-star prospect is currently committed to Florida State, but the Gators haven’t applied the full-court press yet. Area recruiter Greg Nord visited him on Thursday and last week as well.

But if McElwain and Rumph go in-home with Durden, I believe they can convince him to stay close to home and fulfill a position of need for Florida.

In order to compete for a national championship, we need to get level of talent Alabama has. Who do you think are Alabama-caliber players in this class?
(From @Peter_Quinn1)

Carter, who received an offer from Alabama on Nov. 18, jumps out first because of his scholarship list, recruiting rankings and highlights. Another Tampa prospect, 4-star wide receiver and Under Armour All-American Daquon Green, could also play at Alabama.

Tight end Kemore Gamble and athlete Kadarius Toney received offers from the Crimson Tide after they committed to UF, while cornerbacks Shawn Davis and Marco Wilson held Alabama offers prior to their decision dates.

Florida’s other tight end commit, Zech Byrd, picked the Gators over the Crimson Tide four months ago, so seven of the 13 commits are Alabama-caliber players.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Mac and them will flip that Miami Hurricane O line recruit also.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like Shannon had a lot to do with the decision for UF.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is REALLY important for us. We need this kid.

He is incredibly important for the NEXT coach or that person will be inheriting a mess worse than Butters did.

Sounds like his mom is really looking out for him on the non football stuff also. Some parents have nothing but NFL on their mind with these kids.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It was probably mostly between us and Oregon. Then Oregon fired Helfrich. From everything that I've seen we probably lead.

I'd be happy to have a 4* LB from California... I also want the kid from Austin (Levi Jones), but haven't heard much on him lately. I wonder if Herman is going to grab him. I saw him play a couple weeks ago in the playoffs and the kid can definitely ball.

Sep 29, 2015
I don't want them to stick. They are over-rated, every damn one.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Law's laws of recruiting, or, you might not be a 4 star if:

You're from Cali
You haven't been offered by Bama (and it doesn't count if the Bama offer comes after you committed to the Gators)
You play against medicore high school competition
You're an undersized DT (but you might be a 4* if you're the right-sized 3* DT)
You're only a 4* according to 247's composite
Mac is recruiting you

Anymore rules of the road so we can properly evaluate the names that appear on this thread between now and signing day?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.