Mac REFUSED Spurrier’s help

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care if you are the world's greatest expert at something. If someone clearly knowledgeable offers advice... you accept it. Period. Especially when they have experience doing exactly what you are trying to do. No one is so smart that they can't learn something new.
DING DING DING DING

I guess this is just one of the many differences between winners and losers.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just shows how far we strayed from what made this university great. We bring in back to back candidates(zero doubt that WM would've done the same) that aren't even willing to entertain the idea of listening to a guy that made the UF job what it is today--the whole reason it became a job that they coveted in the first place.

It's irony, unsettling arrogance and blatant stupidity at their finest.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, do you REALLY think a guy who doesn't even know the playbook, ANYONE, even a guy who isn't elderly, can pickup a playbook on Monday, memorize it, and call a game on Saturday? REALLY?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, do you REALLY think a guy who doesn't even know the playbook, ANYONE, even a guy who isn't elderly, can pickup a playbook on Monday, memorize it, and call a game on Saturday? REALLY?

I think SOS could draw up plays, in the middle of the game, in the dirt, and have a more productive offense than we've had around here in a very long time.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Shannon is twice the coach nuss is I wish he kicked his butt.

They both suck. Maybe they could concuss each other so they’d each have to go through league mandated protocol and miss a few games. We would’ve been better off for it as a team.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

The bigger question is can it be any worse. I don’t think it can.

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015
They both suck. Maybe they could concuss each other so they’d each have to go through league mandated protocol and miss a few games. We would’ve been better off for it as a team.

Exactly. Shannon sucks ass too, all the Rhandi ball washing on this board is sickening.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Even Coach Yoast could check his ego and ask Coach Boone for help, because, and I quote, “Ed Henry is kicking my ass out there”. FFS.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's CRAZY. You take every opportunity to learn from the gurus of your field. I've seen young associate attorneys like this, they are afraid to ask for help or listen to advise. You don't have to take it but you absolutely should take ever effort to get other viewpoints from experienced professionals. It's getting years of experience distilled into hours or days. Most elite staffs send people to other programs. You may never want to run a spread option or a run and shoot but some of the concepts may be adaptable. If NOTHING else, you know how to defend another Run and Shoot coach better defensively.

You guys think SEALS, SAS, "Delta" don't encourage learning off each other and sharing notes? That they are incompetent if they have to ask others to share their tactics or experiences?

I guess it takes MORE CONFIDENCE to admit you don't know everything and to seek out more knowledge.

More fool than ego.

Meyer used to hold practices and invite other elite coaches. Just to get their perspective and pick their brains. And this was when he was winning championships.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Maybe we misunderstood Mac at his opening press conference? Maybe he said I can make any QB play like a dog. Not I can win with my dog at QB.:dunno:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Mac's arrogant ass probably thought Florida football started with him and thought of Spurrier as juts some ex -SC Coach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's CRAZY. You take every opportunity to learn from the gurus of your field. I've seen young associate attorneys like this, they are afraid to ask for help or listen to advise. You don't have to take it but you absolutely should take ever effort to get other viewpoints from experienced professionals. It's getting years of experience distilled into hours or days. Most elite staffs send people to other programs. You may never want to run a spread option or a run and shoot but some of the concepts may be adaptable. If NOTHING else, you know how to defend another Run and Shoot coach better defensively.

You guys think SEALS, SAS, "Delta" don't encourage learning off each other and sharing notes? That they are incompetent if they have to ask others to share their tactics or experiences?

I guess it takes MORE CONFIDENCE to admit you don't know everything and to seek out more knowledge.

More fool than ego.

You took that comment way out of context. That was meant as a possible explanation for what Mac may have been thinking. Go back and read my posts in this thread. I condemned the man.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
If he is an old person just call him old, Law. Back door ageism is still ageism.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
I think SOS could draw up plays, in the middle of the game, in the dirt, and have a more productive offense than we've had around here in a very long time.

I've been saying all year.. with the athletes we recruit, they could probably get together in the huddle and make some stuff up and be better than 100th nationally.

I have ZERO doubt that SOS could walk in there and make us look vaguely competent in a week or two.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thrilled Mac refused help from SOS. Our offense would've most definitely seen a level of improvement with Spurrier's assistance and Butter Nuts would've taken all of the credit. This also would've delayed the inevitable of Mac being let go by FL. This report just confirms the fact that Mac is a steaming mess of diarrhea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.