Mac's Open Letter to the Students

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Win some footballs games. And have someone toss Fooley out the window.

Until then, stop whining like a bytch.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You have to be a nerdy rocket-scientist type to even get into UF these days. The kind of dork that never attended a high school football game and wouldn't know Joe Montana if he sat in their lap. That, and the foreign students who have never heard of the game.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We've all gone over the reasons for the decline in attendance from alumni, fans and students so I don't feel the need to rehash it. That said, I think the letter was a great idea and done extremely well. I think Mac is gonna be the man if we give him the time to do it.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
VulcanAlex;n265160 said:
Well students today are different, that is why you need wifi everywhere for free. Perhaps the unused student tickets should be sold to the public at reduced prices from regular tickets. I would not mind sitting in the student section if the ticket was reasonable and no contribution required. I won't generally buy such on the street since I am not a student.
Print their WiFi password on the game ticket when they buy it. The stands might still be empty but it will be sold out.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
GatorTAG;n265271 said:
Print their WiFi password on the game ticket when they buy it. The stands might still be empty but it will be sold out.
How about IPad raffles end of the 3rd Q after WATB?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n265068 said:
I like it. I think it's a good idea to reach out to the students and the fans and I think it's what we need. Reminds me of James Franklin when he was at Vanderbilt. He got the fans and students involved and got everybody believing.
Agree. Students are the same everywhere -- brains full of mush -- but not stupid. A little exciting football and it will become the "in thing" and they will return. Nobody likes going through a root canal which was Chump football for the last 4 years. Hells, bells, it was hard to watch on the big screen in an air conditioned living room.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n265264 said:
You have to be a nerdy rocket-scientist type to even get into UF these days. The kind of dork that never attended a high school football game and wouldn't know Joe Montana if he sat in their lap. That, and the foreign students who have never heard of the game.

My legacy daughter started her Gator career today - first class as an incoming freshman. The average high school GPA for this incoming class is 4.3

THE AVERAGE!!

She's a smart kid, but I raised her right - she is a diehard football fan who knows and understands the game, the history, and the pride of being a Gator. She knows more football than the majority of the boys she went to HS with, and belittles them for it. It's not a UF thing...kids are too involved in Xbox or teen-wolf or YouTube channels.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As an old school Gator that's been seeing games since the early 70's.....of course this is a good idea!!! There's more self-entitlement in this thread than the 2010 recruiting class. Mac gets it, and he's got something positive to promote. He's humble, hard working and tough on the players when they are not on point. I'm liking him more everyday.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blah blah blah... letter to the students. Who cares?

What I want to know is, where's Mac's friggin letter to GCMB? Doesn't that guy understand where the real power is in the Gator Nation?

Unless maybe Ox lied to us... :suspect2:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Screw wifi in the stadium. What they should have instead is cellphone jammers so people put the damn things down for a minute and experience life with their own eyes.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
We've sunk to the level of Vanderbilt in that the head football coach has to write a marketing letter to get students to come to the games.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n265496 said:
Screw wifi in the stadium. What they should have instead is cellphone jammers so people put the damn things down for a minute and experience life with their own eyes.

All of this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n265533 said:
We've sunk to the level of Vanderbilt in that the head football coach has to write a marketing letter to get students to come to the games.
Wait til you see the rest of the stadium. It's not just the students. They are selling half packages (one "good" game and two geographical cupcakes) for $6 or donation of a couple of cans of corn or beans to the homeless. (The cans are a joke. Several MAC teams actually do that. I wouldn't be surprised if WAC does also.)

I suspect we will pull a scUM trick and give the tickets to charities if we have to in order to claim sell outs.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is the first year in decades I considered not buying season tickets. If it was strictly a financial decision I would not have. Not because I couldn't afford to go to the games but because tickets are so easy to get I would be able to buy them the day of the game (probably in better seats) much cheaper than what I pay every year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n265337 said:
Agree. Students are the same everywhere -- brains full of mush -- but not stupid. A little exciting football and it will become the "in thing" and they will return. Nobody likes going through a root canal which was Chump football for the last 4 years. Hells, bells, it was hard to watch on the big screen in an air conditioned living room.
This. As always, the King is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator