Mandel's SEC Picks

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
You guys should do a little research on Jmac and what he did for Alabama (if you haven't already). If you recall, Alabama turned into a machine in 2008. They were also known for their offensive line and some great backs. I think coach did a great job addressing our o-line situation with the time he had. He had to have been sick to see just how much the previous coach neglected the position.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
The SEC has more contenders than the Republicans have candidates --- well maybe not that many.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n258753 said:
A sportswriter that wears makeup, nonetheless.

No offense, Caitsquash.

Hey, you gotta hide those blemishes somehow.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n258891 said:
Hey, you gotta hide those blemishes somehow.

Is that like putting lipstick on a Pig?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n258880 said:
You guys should do a little research on Jmac and what he did for Alabama (if you haven't already). If you recall, Alabama turned into a machine in 2008. They were also known for their offensive line and some great backs. I think coach did a great job addressing our o-line situation with the time he had. He had to have been sick to see just how much the previous coach neglected the position.

Saban has little to do with that...right? New coaches and Bama still wins. Meyer has all new coaches...still wins. Weird.

What did coach Mac win?

Oh.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Our biggest improvement will be the rewritten enjoyment script that keeps our talent believing & fired up to win…
(on each play = not many breakdowns, or blocking each other, or playing with a flame-faced gargoyle-worry
emblazonedly seared in their brains!). "Enjoying practice with what you learn without fear of personal degradings
will instill an always utilized talent burst that never had a prayer of developing while having an HC that radiated
that fun in CFB was way down the list of attitudes to hold forth. I mean, how does a player incorporate his gifted
athleticism into that "winning the TOP" gridiron religion?"

Let our first-game "six-bits man" burn in effigy a smallish "Messedchomp" doll - in a small ash "class-action suit" & tie?
In actuality, that should kick off a heated "Gator v Auburn rivalry" no matter how long before we play them again.
In fact, in the mid-4th quarter 3-4 TDs ahead, Mac should punt on every 3rd down so Auburn can win TOP.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n259147 said:
Our biggest improvement will be the rewritten enjoyment script that keeps our talent believing & fired up to win…
(on each play = not many breakdowns, or blocking each other, or playing with a flame-faced gargoyle-worry
emblazonedly seared in their brains!). "Enjoying practice with what you learn without fear of personal degradings
will instill an always utilized talent burst that never had a prayer of developing while having an HC that radiated
that fun in CFB was way down the list of attitudes to hold forth. I mean, how does a player incorporate his gifted

Let our first-game "six-bits man" burn in effigy a smallish "Messedchomp" doll - in a small ash "class-action suit" & tie?
In actuality, that should kick off a heated "Gator v Auburn rivalry" no matter how long before we play them again.
In fact, in the mid-4th quarter 3-4 TDs ahead, Mac should punt on every 3rd down so Auburn can win TOP.

:headscratch:

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We won't win the East, but 5-7 is beyond absurd, despite how much I've respected Mandel over the years. I'd say at worst 7-5, but more likely 8-4.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
T REX;n259144 said:
Saban has little to do with that...right? New coaches and Bama still wins. Meyer has all new coaches...still wins. Weird.

What did coach Mac win?

Oh.

I wasn't implying that Saban had "little to do with it," only that perhaps Mac deserves more credit than people realize for building that team. Alabama sucked in 2007; granted, it was Saban's first year, but there is a reason that he hired Mac in Feb 2008. If you think that Mac had nothing to with that transition then so be it. And let's not compare apples and oranges here with Meyer--everyone knows that Meyer specializes in offense.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
rogdochar;n259147 said:

Thanks for the poetic insight Rog.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n259144 said:

What did coach Mac win?

Oh.

Meyer didn't fare so well when Mullen and Strong bailed.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's that big of a stretch for anm to contend for the west. Look at how they've recruited.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n259592 said:
It's that big of a stretch for anm to contend for the west. Look at how they've recruited.

Until Kevin Sumlin realizes that defense is also a part of football, they'll never break through in that division.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n259609 said:
Until Kevin Sumlin realizes that defense is also a part of football, they'll never break through in that division.
I didn't get to edit that . for some reason it wouldn't let me. But they just hired chavis , who's put some pretty salty defenses out there. They've recruited some pretty highly rated guys on that side now with a d coordinator it could get interesting. That offense is gonna be the best in the conference.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n259147 said:

Whoa..do you write your own prescriptions?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;259612 said:
Pretty good season preview.
[video]http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/104751/2015-season-preview-florida-gators[/video]

Nice preview. I agree with him on most points, I think we fall somewhere in between like he said. Don't think we are going to win the division, don't think we are going to be quite as bad as some think. I'm thinking 8-4. With a surprise victory against either the puppies or the clowns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator