Martez Ivey and the Left Side of the Line

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The move might have had more to do with moving Trip Thurman from LG to C and moving Cam Dillard to the bench.

That, or maybe what Coach Mac said about wanting to substitute more because of stamina issues due to the flu.

By the end of the season, we might see Ivey at RT and Mason Halter at LG with Thurman at C.

Alex.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who's your favorite poster, lighthouse?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
What's the significance of your nickname, Lighthouse? Ever live in one? I did at the beginning of my CG career. Kinda cool...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n291637 said:
The move might have had more to do with moving Trip Thurman from LG to C and moving Cam Dillard to the bench.

That, or maybe what Coach Mac said about wanting to substitute more because of stamina issues due to the flu.

By the end of the season, we might see Ivey at RT and Mason Halter at LG with Thurman at C.

Alex.
This!
The line was definitely better when Thurman went to center late in the 1st quarter, moving Ivey in his spot at guard..

Sep 29, 2015
CGgater;n291670 said:
What's the significance of your nickname, Lighthouse? Ever live in one?

I live in Lighthouse Point, FL. I've climbed a few, but never lived in one, though that would be cool at least for a little while. Fun fact: the lighthouse after which LHP is named has the world's strongest beam.

Sep 29, 2015
AlexDaGator;n291637 said:

That may be so. I did notice the snaps to Grier were often high. If those were Thurman's, I'd live with reasonably higher snaps for the better protection it affords.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
LighthouseGator;n291491 said:
I will keep'em short and sweet moving forward, kinda like Matthew M.'s date nights.
BOOOOOM........But you would think with all the apparatus that mind might use it would last longer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LighthouseGator;n291562 said:
LOL!!!....And that's why I chose this over the other site.
Yes, there is nothing nearly as terrifying as Mattm's renditions of his glory hole adventures available on any other Gator website.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
I think the most impressive thing about Ivey is Apopka High School ran an almost exclusive run only offense while he was there. He rarely had to pass protect. He's learning on the fly and doing it against SEC defensive lines. The kid is going to be special.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
size isn't everything......

it's how you use it.....

???????what were you talking about?

Seka

Apr 19, 2015
CGgater;n291670 said:
What's the significance of your nickname, Lighthouse? Ever live in one? I did at the beginning of my CG career. Kinda cool...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where? Was it a single person operation? Was it located on land or out in the water? where you scared of the sea monsters/boogeyman?

Welcome Lighthouse. My bride of 30 years collects light houses and has an extensive collection.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The improvement on our o-line versus Ole Miss was borderline miraculous. Summers/Nussmeier/Mcelwain all deserve some serious praise here.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes they do. Sharpe and Ivey on that left side is Huge (pun intended). Ivey being in there getting game time, you can't measure what that experience is doing. They are doing exceptionally well. And that is coaching.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're seeing the results of good coaching. It's refreshing.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n292161 said:
The improvement on our o-line versus Ole Miss was borderline miraculous. Summers/Nussmeier/Mcelwain all deserve some serious praise here.

Not just the OL, the TE and RB were excellent in pass protection on Saturday.

As expected, Ole Miss blitzed early and often and we picked it up.

Alex.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n292371 said:
Not just the OL, the TE and RB were excellent in pass protection on Saturday.

As expected, Ole Miss blitzed early and often and we picked it up.

Alex.

Yes, Kelvin Taylor's improvement in pass blocking and blocking in general has also been outstanding.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Lighthouse, you need to stop posting.

Your like-to-post ratio is currently out of this world! :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members