Martez Ivey - Apopka High - Coach Darlington

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Martez will be a seasoned player this year. He was in Coach Darlington system for four years. He knows how to block for the run. They are 8A and that is as close to college ball as it gets. They run the ball on every school they play. If you get a chance to hear Coach Darlington speak it is worth it. I know him well.

I also know the AD at another 8A school. He use to be the AD at Apopka. He is the one who hired Darlington. He told me no team can stop Darlington's run game.

This past season Darlington kicked two of his best players off of the team in the early part of the season. Their regular season
record was 6 - 4. We all know they ended up winning the 8A state championship. They held their opponent to minus eleven yards
rushing in the state championship game.

Apopka lost in the finals year before last. The player that beat them was C J Worton. He will be a factor this season if he doesn't get
hurt. He can get open deep and catch the ball in traffic.

Apopka is coached better and is more disciplined than most college teams. It is worth the effort to go see them play. Martez has a lot of knowledge of the game. We got one blue chipper in him. And he is contagious. He will effect the players around him in a positive way. He is the factor that will make our OL better than most expect.

Gator football is about to be fun again.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ivey is also 20 years old. I think. Older for a freshman.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Ivey can learn to pass block quickly, we will have a very serviceable Oline.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If what we hear on Ivey in fact becomes reality....He'll be the shot in the arm this OL needs.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ivey is a HUGE key to a successful year for us. He is taking it VERY seriously and has shut down most, if not all, of his social media activity.

Gator Nation will not forget.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n260716 said:
Ivey is also 20 years old. I think. Older for a freshman.

Yes, he just turned twenty recently.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
CaribGator;n260760 said:
If Ivey can learn to pass block quickly, we will have a very serviceable Oline.

Any team that is counting on a true freshman to be a starter on their offensive line is in serious trouble. Sometimes a guy is ready t play at a high level right away. In the SEC we have seen Laremy Tunsil and Cam Robinson recently, but that's about it. I don't care about Apopka, this is college and, no, Apopka is not even close to college level play. Ivey is being touted because of the stars, but anyone that follows recruiting knows that offensive linemen, in particular, are the least likely position to make predictions about based on the number of stars they have. The freshman who is ready to play could just as easily be a three star, you just don't know until they show up. Ivey, because of his age, should be better able to adapt more quickly. But I think you're fooling yourself if you think counting on a true freshman to play on the offensive line immediately is anything but a huge problem.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n260785 said:
Any team that is counting on a true freshman to be a starter on their offensive line is in serious trouble. Sometimes a guy is ready t play at a high level right away. In the SEC we have seen Laremy Tunsil and Cam Robinson recently, but that's about it. I don't care about Apopka, this is college and, no, Apopka is not even close to college level play. Ivey is being touted because of the stars, but anyone that follows recruiting knows that offensive linemen, in particular, are the least likely position to make predictions about based on the number of stars they have. The freshman who is ready to play could just as easily be a three star, you just don't know until they show up. Ivey, because of his age, should be better able to adapt more quickly. But I think you're fooling yourself if you think counting on a true freshman to play on the offensive line immediately is anything but a huge problem.

The upperclassmen are raving about him....
Try to keep up

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n260785 said:
:noles:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n260785 said:
It is apparent that when you aren't pretending to be a football talent scout, you are a brain surgeon in real life. I hope you have another alias profile lined up and ready to go.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
joeblow;n260785 said:

I starting to believe that the rumors are correct that you are a :noles:

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n260785 said:

:nole:

Attachments

• conv_4101.jpg
    conv_4101.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 68

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
joeblow;260785 said:

Wow! You've been with us almost 48 hours now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
Please tell me about the last team that was successful that had to count on true freshmen to play immediately on the offensive line? As for players "raving" about someone, haven't you learned from Vernon Hargreaves telling us that "Jeff Driskel is the best quarterback in America" that you can't ever believe the stuff a player says? It's hard to evaluate someone when all you're doing is going up against a teammate. Dante Fowler said UF has seven first round draft choices on the defense, do you believe that?Trying to convince yourself that UF's line is going to be fine with true freshmen, a guy you flipped from Old Dominion, and Trip Thurman as your top returning player is good only for your feelings. It's not a recipe for success.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n261006 said:
Please tell me about the last team that was successful that had to count on true freshmen to play immediately on the offensive line? As for players "raving" about someone, haven't you learned from Vernon Hargreaves telling us that "Jeff Driskel is the best quarterback in America" that you can't ever believe the stuff a player says? It's hard to evaluate someone when all you're doing is going up against a teammate. Dante Fowler said UF has seven first round draft choices on the defense, do you believe that?Trying to convince yourself that UF's line is going to be fine with true freshmen, a guy you flipped from Old Dominion, and Trip Thurman as your top returning player is good only for your feelings. It's not a recipe for success.

As I see it, you have two options.
1) announce who your allegiance is with now and we'll let you stick around. We accept fans of opposing teams around here, but only if they are forthcoming in their allegiance.

2) Permaban.

The choice is yours. What will it be?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n261026 said:
1) announce who your allegiance is with now and we'll let you stick around. We accept fans of opposing teams around here, but only if they are forthcoming in their allegiance.

2) Permaban.

Good options make it happen!!!

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

2) Permaban.

shia-labeouf-just-do-it-green-background.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

2) Permaban.

:bananawave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator