Martez Ivey - Apopka High - Coach Darlington

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n261056 said:
Again, there is every year more than 22 on the Freshmen All SEC Team.

Wouldn't it be something if 11 were from UF this year? :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n261056 said:
Again, there is every year more than 22 on the Freshmen All SEC Team.
Usually redshirt freshmen. We played Halapio as a RS freshmen 6 (I think) years ago. He was terrible but it's easier to do if you have four strong guys beside him.

Playing 3-5 freshmen is unheard of. Even Kintucky has never done it. I think UT played two a few years ago (and a walkon at MLB) when they went 1-7 in the SEC.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n261006 said:
Please tell me about the last team that was successful that had to count on true freshmen to play immediately on the offensive line? As for players "raving" about someone, haven't you learned from Vernon Hargreaves telling us that "Jeff Driskel is the best quarterback in America" that you can't ever believe the stuff a player says? It's hard to evaluate someone when all you're doing is going up against a teammate. Dante Fowler said UF has seven first round draft choices on the defense, do you believe that?Trying to convince yourself that UF's line is going to be fine with true freshmen, a guy you flipped from Old Dominion, and Trip Thurman as your top returning player is good only for your feelings. It's not a recipe for success.

Perhaps we should follow the FSU recipe for success and start punching girls in the face. Seems to work well for you guys.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n261137 said:
Usually redshirt freshmen.

We played Halapio as a RS freshmen 6 (I think) years ago. He was terrible but it's easier to do if you have four strong guys beside him.

Playing 3-5 freshmen is unheard of. Even Kintucky has never done it. I think UT played two a few years ago (and a walkon at MLB) when they went 1-7 in the SEC.
Tennessee started 2 freshmen on the offensive line last year and won 7 games and they damn sure didn't have the defense behind them like we do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We won't have only 2.
As for the defense, yeah, I can't wait to see what Mr. Crooked Hat does to our defense. Last time I saw him he was getting raped by Hugh Freeze's third teamers. It should be exciting for us to get some of that.

Hey, at least we didn't hire Jeremy Pruitt! There is that. His name was mentioned. :smh:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n261208 said:
We won't have only 2.
As for the defense, yeah, I can't wait to see what Mr. Crooked Hat does to our defense. Last time I saw him he was getting raped by Hugh Freeze's third teamers. It should be exciting for us to get some of that.

Hey, at least we didn't hire Jeremy Pruitt! There is that. His name was mentioned. :smh:

You wanted WM, didn't you?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n261235 said:
You wanted WM, didn't you?
No, I always want an offensive guru. I admit my bias. IMO D gurus are a dime a dozen. I forget who I hoped for then. It wasn't Strong though and certainly wasn't Mullen. It happened so fast I don't really even remember us surveying the field much or talking about it. Maybe I will go search GSMB to see. I think Malzahn and Petrino (preferred because he passes) were my choices but I wasn't really that strong with either. Seems like there were couple of OCs I liked also in the ACC but my memory is poor and GSMB is very slow to search for some reason. I know most others were wanting Mullen, Strong, Whittingham, Petersen, and the usual list of NFLers.

However, I was happy with the hire. I was much more in the "Trust Fooley" mode then also. That eroded in 2012 with the two contract extensions and dissolved in 2013.

https://forum.gatorsports.com/topic/6909-espncom-insider-reporting/

6984-bruce-feldman-reporting

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Saw a photo of Muscramp watching his Auburn defensive
players come off the field. He was gritting his teeth and
making an ugly face at them.

Let's stop everything we are doing right now and thank God
he is gone. How can one man make so many people's life
miserable?

It will be interesting to see if Malzahn sees what he really is.
At some point people will look at his track record. Surely
there will be a photographer taking pictures of the idiot. He
will be a negative force against their high octane offense.

I guarantee Saban is glad they have him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator