Matt Kuchar gives in, pays $50k to Caddie

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I dont take it that way at all. I agree he doesn't deserve a normal caddy % but also MORE than 5k. Is that possible to think without your stupid add on?

I dont understand why people have to politicize everything. Why can't it just be a mistake? He f ed up and underpaid him.

I think some folks are having trouble separating the two. Just wow...
The guy agreed to carry his clubs for $1,000 per day and that’s what he was paid. Do you make $1,000 per day for mindless work? I sure as hell don’t.
I don’t understand why some people think because he EARNED a huge payday with his skill, lifetime of work, etc that someone else should profit from it. How dafuq else should I look at it if not wealth distribution? He owed no one a cent more than what he originally paid. He was pressured into paying more by friggin weinies that think they shouldn’t have to earn their way thru life...it should be given to them.
I just wish he had the balls to say that publicly, but you libs woulda crucified him.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
The guy agreed to accept up to $4k (half a year's normal salary for the average Mexican) for 4 days of work. That's pretty generous.

When you go visit another country, you pay the prevailing rate for goods and services in that country. You do this for the cost of taxis, rental cars, house rentals, groceries, everything else. Why would anyone expect to pay America's prices for anything when the going rate in another country is different. If only I could get average American hotel / food / taxi rates in the UK or Australian, I'd be pretty happy.

Kucher did absolutely nothing wrong. It was blown out of proportion by a media intent on making anyone who earns money legitimately into a bad person if they don't share the wealth.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The guy agreed to carry his clubs for $1,000 per day and that’s what he was paid. Do you make $1,000 per day for mindless work? I sure as hell don’t.
I don’t understand why some people think because he EARNED a huge payday with his skill, lifetime of work, etc that someone else should profit from it. How dafuq else should I look at it if not wealth distribution? He owed no one a cent more than what he originally paid. He was pressured into paying more by friggin weinies that think they shouldn’t have to earn their way thru life...it should be given to them.
I just wish he had the balls to say that publicly, but you libs woulda crucified him.
I'm not a liberal. Lol. You couldn't even respond without political hate. Take a xanax. Get laid. Try not to think about it.

What does this have to do with you? You brought up yourself...why? Lol

Smh.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a liberal. Lol. You couldn't even respond without political hate. Take a xanax. Get laid. Try not to think about it.

What does this have to do with you? You brought up yourself...why? Lol

Smh.
I just found it ridiculous that this what we’ve come to. The media pressuring folks into giving away their hard earned money. I woulda made a public statement saying “Fck off, fools. I’m busy spending MY money.”

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
$50k would transform the fortunes of this caddy and his family. It would make a difference in how his life goes from this point.

Why the hell is it Kuchar's responsibility to "transform the fortunes" of the caddy? I would imagine if the caddy has any sort of business acumen at all that he'd be able to parlay Kuchar's victory into good future business of his own. Kuchar has a good rep and the bet here is that he gives plenty to charity... this guy was not a charity, and didn't need to be transformed or enriched... he entered into a business deal.

Besides, this tournament should still be held at Doral anyway. PC bs.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If? Gtfo with if's. Its Kuchars first win in 3 years. I already made it very clear that he shouldn't get a full caddys % but EARNED more than 5k. What's the problem?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If? Gtfo with if's. Its Kuchars first win in 3 years. I already made it very clear that he shouldn't get a full caddys % but EARNED more than 5k. What's the problem?
So, what exactly did he EARN beyond the salary he agreed upon other than your sympathy?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Can’t answer intelligently?

Yeah right. I dont see anyone changing anyone else's mind here. I see it devolving into garbage. We'll leave it at that.

Nothing good will come out of continuing this conversation.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
The most important thing that Ortiz said to Kucher during the week, according to Ortiz: "You need to calm down"(said to Kucher when Kucher was getting nervous on the back nine on Sunday.)

The tournament wasn't played at the club where Ortiz normally worked, and his most important contribution had nothing to do with knowledge of the course, or even of Kucher's ability. So theories that Ortiz' home course knowledge helped Kucher go out the window.

I agree he doesn't deserve a normal caddy % but also MORE than 5k.

Your premise is that you believe the caddie deserves more than $5k. Why do you believe this is the case.

Earned. Period.

I was quoting you with the word "deserve", rather than "earned". But I'll play along with your semantics game.

Why do you believe he earned more than the $5k that he was paid for caddying for Kucher at Mayakoba, which was more than what was agreed upon, and over twice his normal weekly salary as a caddie at El Camaleon Golf Club, in Playa del Carmen?

GatorRaed

Jan 3, 2019
Those who say this is about "a deal is a deal" are technically correct. Assuming they shook hands on the terms prior to the tournament Kuchar didn't owe the caddy anything above or beyond their agreement. I believe the bigger issue is related to generosity. When presented with an opportunity to be generous do you give more than agreed upon? Or do you keep everything you can for yourself?

Kuchar won almost $1.4 Million dollars. He has career winnings of $46 million and a reputation for smiling and being a good guy. He is represents a variety of sponsors in a business where public relations are important. He originally paid the caddy less than 1/2 of 1 percent of his winnings . Does anyone really think the optics of that are not going to look bad? Anyone who can do simple math would likely have been disappointed not to get some kind of bump over the original terms. And I would include those who claim they would have taken the $4 grand and been perfectly happy.

This caddy couldn't offer much help with managing Kuchar's game but he knows the course better than his regular caddy and that counts for something. And Kuchar hadn't had a victory since 2014 so his regular caddy wasn't exactly helping him get to the winners circle recently. And no, I don't think this fill-in deserved to be paid under the terms of a full-time caddy.

Bottom line is Kuchar had an opportunity to change this guy's life by being generous. You can make all the Mexican jokes you wish but $50k would transform the fortunes of this caddy and his family. It would make a difference in how his life goes from this point forward.

I like to think most people, when presented with an opportunity to help others in a significant, measurable way would choose to do so. I'm glad Kuchar changed his stance and paid more. It's a shame that it took public pressure for him to rethink his position and that this story became politicized.
Where does it stop though? Why not give the caddy $100k.....$300k.....maybe $500k? He can afford it, right? The $15k that the caddy originally turned down would have been life changing as well. Kuchar was extorted out of his own money because some scummy people knew it would make him look bad if he didn't pay up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.