Matt Rolin

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Didn't even know that guy was still on the roster. He played a pretty good game last night and was in in a number of tackles. If he and Anzalone can stay healthy for a minute we'd have some studs at LB.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Didn't even know that guy was still on the roster. He played a pretty good game last night and was in in a number of tackles. If he and Anzalone can stay healthy for a minute we'd have some studs at LB.
I thought the same thing. He didn't look great, but he didn't look lost either...Not sure if Davis comes back but if he does we could be pretty good other than depth. Whether Collins stays or not his system of playing a lot of players will benefit us for the next couple of years. Nick Washington has been knocking people's d!cks in the dirt for the last 3 or 4 games and it nice to see Duke Dawson getting quality reps also. Clark, Bryan, Sheritt and Jefferson along with Brantley and Cox, if they come back, are going to be a damned good defensive line. Don't know what's going on with Holley?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I agree, but the risk of injury for both Rolin and Anzalone has me hoping we land 4 LB recruits (especially the 5* bama kid) to help Davis (reports out that he will come back!).

Edit- gator country tweeted Davis "plans to return."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I agree, but the risk of injury for both Rolin and Anzalone has me hoping we land 4 LB recruits (especially the 5* bama kid) to help Davis (reports out that he will come back!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes sir, we really should be taking 3 or 4 per year anyhow...I sure hope AA makes it back.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So did he burn another medical redshirt for one good game har har

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Rolin looked good as well and he certainly gained some extremely valuable experience. It doesn't get any bigger than the SECCG against Bama and he got a ton of snaps. I'm thinking this playing time will carry over to the Bowl game as well. Then, he needs a great Spring and I'm suddenly optimistic about his chances of helping at LB next year

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's not bad. Hopefully gets better with a little experience. On the big play to Ridley he was dropping into coverage when there was no Bama player to cover.
I'm guessing we were in zone, which probably gives him curl to flat, otherwise he should've been coming downhill at the QB. Either way probably something he'll learn in time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm guessing we were in zone, which probably gives him curl to flat...
Nice. Someone who knows a little football. You're a 1%er on this board. Seam, curl, flat, downhill actually--I think-- under the Saban scheme.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon is working on the LB ranks. Michigan native David Reese de-committed from Harbaugh after an in-house visit from Randy. He's an EE. Rated as a 3*. Guess that means we'll snag him.

6-1, 235 is his what he's listed at.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/linebacker-decommits-from-michigan-after-in-home-visit-with-uf

The kid's really solid. But I still think we would have to two whiff on a couple other kids before he would come on board.

I'd like to see Wilson and Uche in this class. We might not feel great about either of them right now. Maybe Miami has gained a little bit more momentum with Uche with the hiring of Richt. And maybe Georgia has gained a little momentum with Wilson with the firing of Richt. I don't know.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
With Davis staying next year we need Rolin to feel either 3rd LB or depth cuz anzalone will be back next season

Also depends on what recruits we get but I know Mack Wilson is just a troll..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator