McElwain calmly rebuilding the program from the ground up

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was sharing stories about Pharm girls with Doc, Goon, and Caribe in the shatbox and you didn't start a thread for me.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gee, I musta missed it Mr. Monkey Balls.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I read this earlier this afternoon and it's a great piece. It really shows that we hired the right guy to change the program and get us back on top.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Three things I take away from this:

1) This guy is calm and focused, the anti-Muschamp.

2) Forde describes the football facilities as "tired," and McElwain adds, "We fell behind a little bit." How long before we have to agree that we did fall behind?

3) A completely different view on player development "dealing with every aspect of a player's life at Florida."

Things aren't just going to be different, McElwain's reworking the program inside and out.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n172827]Three things I take away from this:

1) This guy is calm and focused, the anti-Muschamp.

2) Forde describes the football facilities as "tired," and McElwain adds, "We fell behind a little bit." How long before we have to agree that we did fall behind?

3) A completely different view on player development "dealing with every aspect of a player's life at Florida."

Things aren't just going to be different, McElwain's reworking the program inside and out. [/QUOTE]

This. Spot on.

Great article. Thanks for posting.

With each passing day I am more and more convinced we found the right guy to lead this program back on top - where it belongs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n172823 said:
Gee, I musta missed it Mr. Monkey Balls.
I must say I still feel sort of shocked and also somewhat jealous every time I see that avatar.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
The "principal's office" comment from McElwain was telling I thought.

Come what may in the McElwain era, I doubt we'll ever see a team quit on him like the last 2 quit on Chump.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like what Coach Mac is doing thus far. He's got a very cool and calm approach to what he's doing. He's got a chance to do something very good here. I can see how this team would respond to him very quickly and we would have some happier days leaving the Swamp next season.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Law98gator;n172844 said:
I must say I still feel sort of shocked and also somewhat jealous every time I see that avatar.
Reminds me of an old joke Lewis Grizzard told about the Fla Ga game. Lewis was a great southern writer despite being a dog, He recalled sitting in the stands in the old gator bowl with his friend Bubba (what else). Bubba noticed UGA on the sidelines licking himself like dogs do sometimes and remarked "I wisht I could do that" and Lewis replied, "that dog would bite you"

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
OcalaGator83;n172865 said:
The "principal's office" comment from McElwain was telling I thought.

Come what may in the McElwain era, I doubt we'll ever see a team quit on him like the last 2 quit on Chump.
This x 1000. I was thinking the same thing yesterday. You don't quit on someone who is making your life better. Coach Mac's calm, thought out demeanor, is something that has been missing since Spurrier, and he doesn't appear to have anywhere near the narcissism of Muschamp, Meyer or even SOS. We haven't seen him field a team yet, but if he takes the same approach to team development that we've seen so far in recruiting and facility mgmt I'd say we're gonna be great in the long term.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
He still has to put winning and good product on the field..but so far..he's done absolutely everything right. I really like this hire as much as one can without seeing him coach yet!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I with you on that too Leroy! But from what I've seen of his coaching (Bama) if he can continue that and duplicate........good days are ahead. He seems to have a firm grasp on the foundation and how to run, manage, and lead an organziation. We've have not had that in a coach in a long time.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n172827]Things aren't just going to be different, McElwain's reworking the program inside and out.[/QUOTE]

^^This is pretty much exactly why I thought this article deserved it's own thread. It really says a lot about how things were with the old regime, and how Big Mac is tearing the whole thing down and rebuilding with emphasis on modernizing every aspect of the program. I found it very enlightening.

Anyone else catch the part about how he's changing the coaches office entrances? Did you catch that part about how most of the players had only ever been there if they were "sent to see the principal"? That really opened my eyes about how the old "staff" ran things.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
NavetG8r;n172924 said:
^^This is pretty much exactly why I thought this article deserved it's own thread. It really says a lot about how things were with the old regime, and how Big Mac is tearing the whole thing down and rebuilding with emphasis on modernizing every aspect of the program. I found it very enlightening.

Anyone else catch the part about how he's changing the coaches office entrances? Did you catch that part about how most of the players had only ever been there if they were "sent to see the principal"? That really opened my eyes about how the old "staff" ran things.

Yeah that was a really good and insightful article. Certainly one of the better ones I've read lately and there were a few parts in there that were definitely eye opening. Specifically, that principal comment and the talk about the facilities.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
will-muschamp-01-600x400_c.jpg

If anyone wants a piece of history - they can buy Muschamp's house for 1.8 million dollars. lol

http://www.realtor.com/news/will-mus...214_rss_cel-01

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n172924 said:
I caught the warehouse looking drop ceilings earlier in the year when BSPN showed the HC offices. I wonder if the assisants had cubicles.... no offense Wobble.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n172827]2) Forde describes the football facilities as "tired," and McElwain adds, "We fell behind a little bit." How long before we have to agree that we did fall behind?[/QUOTE]
Tired and fell behind. Those are gentle euphemisms. Fell behind UCF and probably FAU. We have some who will never admit that which even Fooley now admits.

To be fair, we probable had a lot of expenses associated with Chimp destroying the offices and locker rooms constantly. That has to be expensive.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n173010 said:
Tired and fell behind. Those are gentle euphemisms. Fell behind UCF and probably FAU. We have some who will never admit that which even Fooley now admits.

To be fair, we probable had a lot of expenses associated with Chimp destroying the offices and locker rooms constantly. That has to be expensive.

Whiteboards ain't cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator