McElwain to Nebraska?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Trolling your own, already, semi-irrational fan base. Pretty damn funny, whether true or not.

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
Maybe ferg should get royalties from SG since they have put his find in their insider forum.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Uhaul dispatched to Mac's house with the destination NEBRASKA...
Remember when other teams would have killed to steal our coach (or assistant coaches) SOS and Meyer...if other teams don't want a guy like butters that's all you need to know. Butters is just like butch where all of the other teams in the SEC are hoping for lifetime contracts.
He's the Gators answer to Ray Goof.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Williston, start a new thread on that article.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Interesting that Dodd cites ungrateful fans as the reason. Not the 1st time that's been said....

Agree, that's such a stupid/ignorant comment. The guy is a bust. And three years in he's even more of a bust:

“He’s 3-3 halfway through his third season, but what about Jim McElwain, a guy from the west maybe sneaks out and takes Oregon State?” Dodd said. ‘Hey, I’m sick of it. Forget this. I don’t need this aggravation, because these people don’t appreciate what I’ve done.’ It’s going to be interesting to see.”

---

Why in the F would anyone "appreciate" what he's done? He's done NOTHING and the program is in no better shape today than it was 2+ years ago when he took over. In fact, w/ the suspensions you could argue it's in worse shape.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think there’s no question the program is in worse shape now than when he inherited it.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I wouldn't give any significant credibility to the "Mac leaves to go back West" fantasies ....except for the fact that he seems to be such a laid back "life is cool" kind of guy. He doesn't exude the typical fire and brimstone coaching persona. Aside from his one sideline tirade against KT in year one.

So, faced with a struggling program under dire circumstances, does he dig down deep and say "you'll never see a coach work harder than I will" or does he indeed say, as Dodd suggests, "I don't need the aggravation...I'm going somewhere else"?

He does not strike me as a grinder who will burn the midnight oil and sleep in his office so as to watch more film. That being said, he would be leaving a lot of money behind if he chose to walk away for another job out west. Time will tell.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Interesting that Dodd cites ungrateful fans as the reason. Not the 1st time that's been said....

He's right, we don't "appreciate what he's done". He needs to punish us all and teach us a lesson and abandon us. Don't even tell us good bye, just leave and never look back. That's what we deserve.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's not really "citing" it as that is just a made up quote to fit the scenario but ok let's go with that for a second...UF fans have every right to not be grateful for 3 more years of atrocious offense. No other major football power would put up with that. Name one major SEC team not named ky, vandy, or reside in miss that would put up with this. Would bama, lsu, auburn, uga? uga fired a coach that averaged 10 wins a season for over a decade. Auburn fired their coach 2 years after winning a NC and yet we need to find some smoking gun to fire a guy that has been horrific for 3 years because he won 2 SEC East "titles". And when in the hell did those start becoming titles? They aren't titles...tiltes are won in Atl.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Grateful for what, his last place sh*t-show? I actually will feel pride if we are able to be part of the process to help effect change by getting Mac to move on to a job he is more suited for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator