Memphis, Houston, Toledo, Temple, and Duke are ranked?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell kind of season is this? :crazy:

The National Championship is completely up for grabs.

Discuss.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ridiculous. Only Temple has a chance to make the playoffs though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All the care about is W-Ls. It doesn't matter if they've actually played anyone.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's a sign of the Apocalypse!

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
And Ohio State still hasn't played a single team as good as any of them.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;302437 said:
And Ohio State still hasn't played a single team as good as any of them.

They will when they get crushed by either one of the Michigans.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We were talking about this in the box on Saturday. To go along with this.... think about all those huge national powers that are essentially no longer relevant.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Law98gator;n302423 said:
All the care about is W-Ls. It doesn't matter if they've actually played anyone.

Right. FSU has been taking advantage of this for years.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just a few years ago, teams like TCU, Baylor, Boise St, etc would have made the same list. Now they are relevant almost every year.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If Dook runs the table and beats Tater in Charlotte, it would be interesting to see if they got in. Cutcliffe has really done a nice job there, I'm glad he is old and won't go elsewhere, like ScUM, USCe, or UcheaT, if he were younger.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;302525 said:
No, they are not relevant.
Nope you are wrong. Again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n302420 said:
Ridiculous. Only Temple has a chance to make the playoffs though.

Why not Memphis? To date, they have the best win of the bunch - against Ole Miss. Besides, I suspect Temple's Cinderella season takes a hit when the Domers visit Philly next weekend.

Closer to home: more goals than even the biggest pumper could have hoped for remain within reach for us. Win out, and we make the playoff. And at this point, I will be disappointed if we're not 11-1 heading into the SECCG - a crazy notion just a few weeks ago. Mac is a miracle worker.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;302575 said:
Why not Memphis? To date, they have the best win of the bunch - against Ole Miss. Besides, I suspect Temple's Cinderella season takes a hit when the Domers visit Philly next weekend.

Closer to home: more goals than even the biggest pumper could have hoped for remain within reach for us. Win out, and we make the playoff. And at this point, I will be disappointed if we're not 11-1 heading into the SECCG - a crazy notion just a few weeks ago. Mac is a miracle worker.

If Temple wins out and beats ND, they're probably in.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n302577 said:

I completely disagree. The 2 toughest teams Temple has left is ND and Memphis. Both of which are at home. If Memphis wind out, they'd have to beat both Temple and Houston on the road. They already beat Ole Miss and Temple doesn't play Houston.

I I think the bigger statement would be Memphis going undefeated and in the Playoffs.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;302577 said:

NVGator;302583 said:
I completely disagree. The 2 toughest teams Temple has left is ND and Memphis. Both of which are at home. If Memphis wind out, they'd have to beat both Temple and Houston on the road. They already beat Ole Miss and Temple doesn't play Houston.

I I think the bigger statement would be Memphis going undefeated and in the Playoffs.

So you don't think Temple's in if they win out?

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Temple wins out, who will they have beaten? Penn State, Notre Dame, Memphis, and Houston? Good enough for the Group of 5 bid to the New Years 6? Sure. Good enough to be a top-4 Playoff? Doubt it, but it depends on who else wins out.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n302584 said:
So you don't think Temple's in if they win out?

I think Memphis has a better chance if they go undefeated than Temple does. SOS is in Memphis' favor.

Im not saying Temple wouldn't have a shot, but the original point was you said Tenple has the best shot and when Breath suggested otherwise you stuck by your original statement. I'm just disagreeing with that.

Irregardless, it's just smoking mirrors. We're still boys. :fistbump:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;302590 said:
I think Memphis has a better chance if they go undefeated than Temple does. SOS is in Memphis' favor.

Im not saying Temple wouldn't have a shot, but the original point was you said Tenple has the best shot and when Breath suggested otherwise you stuck by your original statement. I'm just disagreeing with that.

Irregardless, it's just smoking mirrors. We're still boys. :fistbump:

You're probably right that Memphis would have better justification but for some reason the CFB powers that be love some ND. That's the only reason I think that.

But you're right. Memphis is probably in if they win out. Their QB is a bit of a media darling right now.

Now if LSU remains undefeated and loses to us in a close match in the SECCG (and we don't lose any more until the playoffs), 2 teams from the SEC with one loss will probably push any American Conference teams out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.