Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On a positive note for some posters, it looks like Scott Frost will be available to replace Dan.
He might have been great at UF. Recruiting would have been much hetter at least.

but when you see these guys taking jobs at Nebraska or Purdue, it tells you they just don't have that it factor to win big.

CUM would have never taken those jobs.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
He might have been great at UF. Recruiting would have been much hetter at least.

but when you see these guys taking jobs at Nebraska or Purdue, it tells you they just don't have that it factor to win big.

I don’t know that Frost thought he couldn’t win big at Nebraska. He probably did, but Nebraska these days isn’t the Nebraska we all grew up watching.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

I give Frost a pass on the decision to go to Nebraska. I bet he really thought he could bring glory back to alma mater. Spurrier didn't come to UF because he thought he could win here. He knew he could win anywhere.

Jun 2, 2015
Miami at Florida State game stacking up to have about as much national relevance as Duke at Wake Forest.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you, however, none of the teams in FL have much national relevance this year. Hopefully this will change next year with some new head coaches in charge.

Jun 2, 2015
In a possible all time low, Miami fans are pining for Dan Mullen but don't even think they'll be able to land him when we fire him:

Miami football should consider Dan Mullen with CBS report he’s on hot seat

It was my understanding that he had in the past applied for HC @ Miami and the BOT did not like him. I think it was his personality they did not like so I seriously doubt they would want him. Miami has the money, however, they don't like spending it on the athletic program and our Harvard president doesn't know the difference between a football and baseball - no support there.We have a terrible AD who hired our current coach within 11 hours after Richt left and who had NO HC EXPERIENCE, but he was cheap. He never looked elsewhere. I wrote Diaz, the Univ. Prez & the AD last year over the fact that they had "Black lives matter" on their helmets & uniforms. Told them they should stay out of the political arena and the fact they might be better if they concentrated on football only. This year I noted they now have the American Flag on some of the uniforms. From what I was told, a lot of fans complained about this.

Last edited:

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I believe that sometimes the success of the program is the Assistant coach. In the case of Scott Frost, I actually believe that Heupel was the cause of the success at UCF. At least more so than Frost.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I still think Frost would have done good at UF. His advantage at UCF was the same as Meyer's, Saban's and pretty much every great coaches advantage. He was more talented than every team on his schedule each year except maybe one. Go put Saban or Meyer at Nebraska and they'll all of a sudden look average as well. Teams like Nebraska and Iowa will never be elite again because their location. Elite black kids from the southeast will never go play in places like that, don't give a shyt who the coach is.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I still think Frost would have done good at UF. His advantage at UCF was the same as Meyer's, Saban's and pretty much every great coaches advantage. He was more talented than every team on his schedule each year except maybe one. Go put Saban or Meyer at Nebraska and they'll all of a sudden look average as well. Teams like Nebraska and Iowa will never be elite again because their location. Elite black kids from the southeast will never go play in places like that, don't give a shyt who the coach is.

Meyer won at BOWLING GREEN and UTAH. He would kill it in Nebraska with two years to recruit.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Meyer won at BOWLING GREEN and UTAH. He would kill it in Nebraska with two years to recruit.

Because he was at Bowling Green and Utah and playing against other MAC and Mountain West teams, after 2 or so years at those places he had the most talented teams in those shyt conferences. Do you believe he'd have the most talented team in the Big 10 at Nebraska? I think Ryan Day, the shyt head at Mich and the black guy at Penn State would win more recruiting battles than they lost vs. Meyer if he was trying to recruit to Nebraska.

Winning today at Nebraska is probably comparable to winning today at USCe or Miss State. Your always gonna be 2nd or 3rd place in your conference talent wise if your lucky. There's probably only 15 or so teams in the country that coaches like Meyer, Saban and Dabo could win a national title at based off location and name brand. I don't believe Nebraska is one of them.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
To be a great coach you got to be a great coach and you've got to be at the right place and you've got to be there at the right time The window of opportunity is small but if it's there an athletic director has to seize the day and make the. phone call.

Jun 2, 2015
Unfortunately I have to agree with you, however, none of the teams in FL have much national relevance this year. Hopefully this will change next year with some new head coaches in charge.

HOLD IT..HOLD IT..... For whatever reason, both FSU & Miami have come alive and are now playing decent football. We are even actually tackling now. Miami beat Pitt today (who has a pretty good team & a Heisman candidate QB, Pickett) Our freshman QB, Tyler Van Dyke did as well, if not better than Pickett. Interesting fact is that we had 12 first string players that are freshman in the game. The upper class players are sitting the pine - they are the ones who could not tackle, nor catch a ball. Our freshmen are vicious and hungry. IMHO, we are going to be a pretty good team next year. Sorry your team lost to GA. Their offense is not ultra good, but their defense is excellent.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think from our perspective Miammmma has been upgraded to a Hurricane. I hate when that happens.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I agree with this 100%. Nebraska has not been good since the dawn of the smartphone/social media age. Now that kids can see what's going on everywhere, all the time, they don't want to go to a place that doesn't have a scene they like.

Or let me put it this way -- they want a scene that looks good to be seen in, for their social media followers.

That is why scUM does have the potential to be a championship contender again IF they get the right coach. For Nebraska it won't matter who they hire.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I believe that sometimes the success of the program is the Assistant coach. In the case of Scott Frost, I actually believe that Heupel was the cause of the success at UCF. At least more so than Frost.

Yeah, uhh, no.

Heupel was the OC at Mizzou when Frost was at UCF. He was hired as HC. I don't think he was ever an assistant at UCF.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator