Michigan Spring Practice at IMG - SEC in Full Panic

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
How is a place like IMG allowed to exist? It's a glorified football camp working under the guise of a school. They opening recruit, which is against FHSAA. And now they are hosting colleges which I'm sure will provide those coaches illegal access to IMGs players.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
How is a place like IMG allowed to exist? It's a glorified football camp working under the guise of a school. They opening recruit, which is against FHSAA. And now they are hosting colleges which I'm sure will provide those coaches illegal access to IMGs players.

Not just football.. check out their other sports, too..

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Yep

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I say Mac find out the top 10 recruits in Florida and have a spring practice at each ones high school.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We should have our spring practices at st Thomas Aquinas

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Do they receive public funding?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Yeah, Harbaugh is on a mission and is off to a hell of a start at Michigan. I hope the NCAA prohibits this or it's going to make life even tougher for us from a recruiting standpoint.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Surely IMG gets paid by UM-Harbaugh for the use of the facilities. Anyway, doesn't
UM have an indoor practice field ? Hey, if they do then isn't their coming to Florida
an obvious UF recruiting tool -- i.e. the Michigan guys all want to get away from the
cold and snow.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think there is a bigger issue. This is going to occur on their Spring Break, and the players are receiving a paid trip to Florida. They are not competing in any tournament or anything of the sort. This is in complete control of the university. Would Mac be allowed to travel the kids to Australia for conditioning training in the winter?

We all know this is about recruiting. However, Capone was brought down by the IRS. Why can't this be stopped for other reasons?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just like Oak Hill in basketball. The guy pushes the envelope no doubt. He's the guy all other programs hate. he's their Spurrier. We'd love it if that was our guy. It is rather funny that the SEC is complaining based on the hours it would affect the student athlete. Does anyone believe that crap? LOL.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I think its more fluff than substance. Residually there will be some positive effect on recruiting just because the name will be in conversation. But the practices are closed, they cant host recruits, so other than the news that is on ESPN is there a direct benefit to recruiting?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think its more fluff than substance. Residually there will be some positive effect on recruiting just because the name will be in conversation. But the practices are closed, they cant host recruits, so other than the news that is on ESPN is there a direct benefit to recruiting?
Building relationships with the IMG staff/players.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
IMG isn't state funded and yes they play FHSAA schools but are barred from the playoffs in all sports. I'm not sure if they're even in a "league." check out the tuition.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Perhaps if Michigan hadn't run through us like bad burrito through my colon after a night of heavy drinking this wouldn't be such a concern.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.