Midseason Team MVP

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He’s got all the potential in the world but has dropped his best opportunities to shine. Still contributing but needs to elevate his game.

Separately- Pitts is going to be a monster next year. Might make a first round case for himself.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Trask has played well...so did Franks for the most part...so I'll say the QB position. Hard to give someone an MVP when he missed the game you just lost. There is no ability better than availability so the cliché goes. I love Greenard and we need more depth so losing a player doesn't affect your gameplan that much. Hell, having Greenard in there may not have made that much of a difference. LSU pretty much had their way with us.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Patrick Simpson (@_PatrickSimpson) tweeted at 8:09 PM on Sun, Oct 13, 2019:
Trevor Lawrence: 1300 yards, 11 TD, 6 INT. 62% completion. (6 starts)

Kyle Trask: 1191 yards, 10 TD, 3 INT. 68% completion. (4 starts)
()

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
He isn't the only one with some drops. Even Pitts dropped a couple yesterday, and Hammond dropped a 1st down last week on the play Trask got hurt. It happens, but yeah, it hurts bad when it's a sure TD.

Yep. We have a lot of drops considering the overall accuracy of our QB’s. Of course, maybe I’m just not used to seeing passes thrown on target...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. We have a lot of drops considering the overall accuracy of our QB’s. Of course, maybe I’m just not used to seeing passes thrown on target...
That reminds me, take a look at Van Jefferson's TD. He ran a great route, the window was still small, Trash threw it perfectly and Van grabbed it with his out stretch fingertips, just the tips. Couldnt even get his palms on it. Incredible strength. Great play and very difficult.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That could have something to do with it.:lol:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Patrick Simpson (@_PatrickSimpson) tweeted at 8:09 PM on Sun, Oct 13, 2019:
Trevor Lawrence: 1300 yards, 11 TD, 6 INT. 62% completion. (6 starts)

Kyle Trask: 1191 yards, 10 TD, 3 INT. 68% completion. (4 starts)
()

(Just don’t add fumbles :lol:)

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
If Trask continues to grow and build on his last few games, he just may be the first QB taken in the draft. I really want to see what he does next year.

Pitts will be the first TE taken. He is virtually uncoverable and has another year to hone his craft.

Greenard is a monster. So is Zuniga.

The WR corps is as good as any out there and it is deep. Trask and that crew kept us in the LSU game and will be the reason we reach Atlanta this year.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If Trask continues to grow and build on his last few games, he just may be the first QB taken in the draft. I really want to see what he does next year.

Pitts will be the first TE taken. He is virtually uncoverable and has another year to hone his craft.

The WR corps is as good as any out there and it is deep. Trask and that crew kept us in the LSU game and will be the reason we reach Atlanta this year.

He may get drafted by someone if he backs this up with another strong season. But first pick is highly doubtful.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

He’s got no long ball that we’ve seen. He’s really accurate and makes quick decisions but his physical tools aren’t there to be a first rounder, much less #1.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

And Copeland doesn’t exactly get extra credit for showing early signs of being a potential malcontent.
He’s hinting at a transfer even though he’s dropped as many passes as he has caught and he has three seniors in front of him. How impatient does one have to be to not see the tremendous opportunity in front of them?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
That reminds me, take a look at Van Jefferson's TD. He ran a great route, the window was still small, TRASK threw it perfectly and Van grabbed it with his out stretch fingertips, just the tips. Couldnt even get his palms on it. Incredible strength. Great play and very difficult.
THAT was an incredible play. The catch was all world. Great throw and even better catch,

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Midseason Team MVP?

1. Mullen/Savage/Trask
2. Grantham/Greenard
3. Pitts/Reese

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I like savage but there’s one thing missing on both lines - power.
You should also mention LBer's…..Good Lord Bama gets freshmen LBer's that play at 6'2" 235-245 and are build like professional bodybuilders....our guys take until their RJR season to roll out at 215-220.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator