Mike Leach is not the world's biggest Cubs fan

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/mike-leach-cubs-indians-world-series-every-yuppie-cubbies

Leach was asked who he was rooting for to win the World Series, and he answered with the Indians. But his reasoning behind it was simply amazing — Leach does not like Cubs fans. He explained why in prototypical Mike Leach fashion.

He said: “There’s some teams — the Cubs are one of them — where there’s just too many Cubs fans. They’re one of those teams that for whatever reason — I guess it’s because people like the way their uniforms look or something — that every yuppie with a BMW or some special attachment to its computer or some designer set of jeans is a Cubs fan. And refers to it as ‘My Cubbies.'”

Also this gem when asked why he only has one team captain:

Pontificate...

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I love the Pirate....

I hope he gets a crack at TTU and skull****s them one day

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I hafta agree with leach here. Lot of cubs fans walking around that have never even lived, let alone visited Chicago or even Illinois. And for sure these days, everything takes a committee... or a village, amiright?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hafta agree with leach here. Lot of cubs fans walking around that have never even lived, let alone visited Chicago or even Illinois. And for sure these days, everything takes a committee... or a village, amiright?
I'll get back to you after I discuss with my 'reply' committee what I'd like to say in response to your post. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some people love rooting for losers. I'm not sure what that says about them.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I do too. I don't love his offense or him as a HBC, but I love listening to that dude.

He should have been Drumpf's VP nominee, bc he doesn't give an eff.
A lot of people don't know how smart this guy is. I coached with a guy that knew him well. Said he went to college again to be a lawyer because he thought it'd be neat. Never wanted to practice just thought it was interesting. Weird cat and doesn't care what people think. I think it's good for college ball to have guys like him around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator