Gator Basketball Mike White Contract Extended through 2025, over 3M per year

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
While ignoring every other post (so if I repeat someone else, oh well), this extension is every bit as dumb as giving Champ or Mac an extension. If your response is about how on paper we should have Final Four talent, then let me say on paper Zook had National Title talent.
No it isnt. Basketball is FAR different than football. Not nearly as complicated and easier to manage. Not nearly as many variables.
Talent wins in basketball. Just ask the UK guy. He actually does a good job of managing it but if not for Anthony Davis he hasnt gotten a title.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That will change after this entire class transfers out like the last one did.
Don't know about transferring, but we could easily have three underclassmen declare for the draft: Nemby, KJ and Lewis (maybe Mann too, who knows?), and we'll lose Blackshear. That's up to five slots to fill, without any transfers, so we need to be getting some commitments soon.
Currently trending up on these 2020 players, all in 247s top 100, but all between 61-84, so no projected one-and-dones.

6'3" PG AJ Hoggard (#71) (announcing Oct. 6)

6'5" SG Niels Lane (#84) (announcing Oct. 8)

6'9" PF PJ Hall (#61)

The two guards reportedly communicate with each other and are announcing their commitments two days apart, so there's 'chatter' that they're going to the same school, and that would be the good guys!
’20 AJ Hoggard Sets Decision Day, Gators In The Mix | GatorCountry.com

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Thanx for the info, but that sux. I always enjoyed @LeeForThree during the basketball season b/c he was not afraid to give an honest opinion and watched games not based on the final scores. Hopefully he will come back for hoops.
I'm still here

I've been helping plan for a family wedding that is happening today, so my summer has been crazy, especially the last few weeks

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
5 tournament wins in the last 3 years. Just signed a top 5 recruiting class. Landed the best grad transfer in the country. I'd say he deserves a raise. He's got our roster looking like it'll be top 10 for the next 2 or 3 years.
Mullen needs to stroll over to White’s office and ask for recruiting tips.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
No it isnt. Basketball is FAR different than football. Not nearly as complicated and easier to manage. Not nearly as many variables.
Talent wins in basketball. Just ask the UK guy. He actually does a good job of managing it but if not for Anthony Davis he hasnt gotten a title.

:banghead:. Missing the point on accident or on purpose? The point is not that two different sports are different, the point is that there is talent and then there is extending a contract before a coach has shown to utilize such talent. No, I'm not a fire White guy, but I think an extension at this point is asinine.

Tell me, what finish is acceptable for you this year? What would be underachieving? If we continue to lose to the likes of Georgia basketball, are you still supporting the extension?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think the elite 8 run after Billy leaving the cupboard bare was a good indication of his ability. Did you miss ALL the injuries to bigs over the last few years.............here is my take. We have finally got a roster, healthy and loaded and the excitement is there and we need to shTTt on it about a contract ext. It aint real money to me or you. Basketball has been passion to me since I learned to play and saw Neal Walk and Andy Owens play. They can afford that extra $$$ this guy obviously recruited his ass off to get those two pamper dandies........and Blackshear to help us out one year. Im pumped.
Tell me, what finish is acceptable for you this year? What would be underachieving? If we continue to lose to the likes of Georgia basketball, are you still supporting the extension?
If Blackshear stays healthy and is good as I hear we are gonna kickk some ass........now the Dance is a crazy place. Billy struggled for YEARS in it............but those with patience (nasty word in this forum) saw what happened.............and it was fckkknnnnn GLORIOUS...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator