Miles Garrett hits QB over the head with helmet; claims "racial slur" a week later

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Love the he isn't that guy argument for a player who is already been fined twice by the NFL this season; once for punching a Delanie Walker, and the second one for driving Trevor Siemian into the ground well after the play was over.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Garrett should be done for the season with no pay. Hell he should be done a full 16 games so part of next season as well. The league is pure chckn sht though so they wont do it.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Garrett should be done for the season with no pay. Hell he should be done a full 16 games so part of next season as well. The league is pure chckn sht though so they wont do it.
It’s not the league - its the NFLPA. Like it or not, they’re going to fight whatever the league does and the league knows it. If the league comes out with a moderate punishment, push back will be light. Punish for a season - NFLPA will go bananas because of the precedent set (1 season for 1 on-field incident, no matter how egregious).

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

How quickly y’all forget. This fight featured body slams, head stomps, helmet swings, etc. Major difference was Garrett did his deed in isolation instead of in the midst of a melee.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

How quickly y’all forget. This fight featured body slams, head stomps, helmet swings, etc. Major difference was Garrett did his deed in isolation instead of in the midst of a melee.

Yeah but the guy swinging his helmet was using his own and I’m pretty sure hitting guys who had helmets on.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Yeah but the guy swinging his helmet was using his own and I’m pretty sure hitting guys who had helmets on.
That’s the one swing we can see. No telling what else happened. Point being, this is really bad but we’ve seen other, similar versions of really bad in the recent past.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That’s the one swing we can see. No telling what else happened. Point being, this is really bad but we’ve seen other, similar versions of really bad in the recent past.

how many people got fined, penalized or unemployed due to this fight.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They have to at least set a precedent that you can’t stomp on a guy’s head, retribution or not. I don’t blame him one bit, f*ck Garrett, but the NFL has to nip it in the bud.

I don’t agree. I think if somebody takes off a helmet and whacks your QB in the head, you can beat his ass.

It doesn’t have to be the same punishment across-the-board. I think you can take each situation into consideration. I think they should just fine him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

During an intense on-field brawl between Miami and FIU on October 14, 2006, Lamar Thomas defended his alma mater ON THE AIR. Besides defending the Miami players, he expressed a desire to join the fight himself:

"You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff....You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing.....I say, why don't we meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more? You don't come into the OB, baby. We've had a down couple of years but you don't come in here talking smack. Not in our house."

Thomas was mercifully fired for that one. :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t agree. I think if somebody takes off a helmet and whacks your QB in the head, you can beat his ass.

It doesn’t have to be the same punishment across-the-board. I think you can take each situation into consideration. I think they should just fine him.

Garrett should be done for the last 6 games of the season, the head stomping isn't Haynesworth level (4 game suspension) but it's at least gonna get one game especially because the ejection was with 8 seconds left in the game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Garrett should be done for the last 6 games of the season, the head stomping isn't Haynesworth level (4 game suspension) but it's at least gonna get one game especially because the ejection was with 8 seconds left in the game.
At least gonna get one game? :facepalm:

You are nuts. The NFL is a LOT different from Haynesworth days. This is a MINIMUM 16 game ban, and a bunch of people are calling for a permanent banishment.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

He should actually go to jail. He took off his helmet and used it as a weapon and hit somebody in the head. That should be assault with a deadly weapon.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The quarterback instigated Garrett into taking off a helmet and bashing it into his head?

yeah, he was asking for it by that sexy outfit he was wearing. he should have just laid back and enjoyed Garrett assaulting him. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator