Mizzou scares the ever living hell out of me

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
BMF;n290730 said:
That's what worries me....Grier is still only 5 games into his career and that OL is still young. They grew up - A LOT - last night....but a road game against a team that has pretty much handled us the last 2 years (and gave us all we wanted in 2012) is going to be tough.

On the other hand....I really don't care what happens as long as we're competitive. I can't believe we just CRUSHED the #3 team in the nation w/ the youth we have! It's exciting to know we have a competent coach on our sidelines!
I think Grier is helping our oline out alot with how quick he gets the ball out. They played well enough last night but Mizzou's front 7 is for real. Nuss is going to have to come up with another game plan to slow their rush down.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n290730 said:
That's what worries me....Grier is still only 5 games into his career and that OL is still young. They grew up - A LOT - last night....
It may come. Who cares? We can finally see what the direction of the program and everyone must love where we are going.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Law98gator;n290713 said:
This for sure. I hope we rip their hearts out like they have done to us the last two years. We owe them that welcome to the SEC total azzwhippin they deserved two years ago.

Magic MacDickburger is back!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n290694 said:
My guess is Mizz will start the freshman QB Lock that played yesterday. That kid is a much better passer than Mauk will ever be. And he was cool as a cucumber. But it will be his second start. I like our chance with him

On the other hand, Mizzou's front 7 on D might be the best we play all year. They will get pressure on Grier. How our oline handles them will be the deciding factor.

They get pressure but don't appear to have the pass rush they did the last few years. Now they have to blitz more to get the ssame pressure and I think Mac will have a good game plan ready for that. This is definitely a trap game however after beating Ole Miss and being on the road with LSU coming up.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah we have had a tough time vs them lately but our guys will be ready! Go Gators!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Missouri's offense is bad. Very bad. We might only need to score about 21 on them to easily secure a win.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure JMac is going to show them replay after replay of last year's game to remind them what happens when you take another team lightly.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n290730 said:
That's what worries me....Grier is still only 5 games into his career and that OL is still young. They grew up - A LOT - last night....but a road game against a team that has pretty much handled us the last 2 years (and gave us all we wanted in 2012) is going to be tough.

On the other hand....I really don't care what happens as long as we're competitive. I can't believe we just CRUSHED the #3 team in the nation w/ the youth we have! It's exciting to know we have a competent coach on our sidelines!
They put a hurting on us last year because muschamp is god awful. That game set football back about 50 years with how bad both teams were...mizzou scored 40+ points and only completed 6 passes for 20 yards and rushed for less than 100...they didn't manhandle us we just gift wrapped that game to them.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n290874 said:
They put a hurting on us last year because muschamp is god awful. That game set football back about 50 years with how bad both teams were...mizzou scored 40+ points and only completed 6 passes for 20 yards and rushed for less than 100...they didn't manhandle us we just gift wrapped that game to them.

Spot on. You can't compare a game with muschump at the helm to anything going on now. Coaching. It does a football team good.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Listen guys we will be fine....

I wore my GatorChatter shirt for the first three games then put it on after halftime of the Tennessee game....

I'll be there in Como at the game and wearing the shirt...that is at least guaranteeing us a win...perhaps a big one

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This game poses some problems. We are traveling across the country to a foreign land where they don't speak our language, play on a "pitch", eat their salad for desert, and sit down to pee. We are going to have to adjust to the culture shock.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
Our defense will suffocate them for 60-minutes. Listened to Davis' after game comments - they're pissed they gave up 10 to Ole Miss. Missouri will finally get the welcoming to the SEC they deserve from the Mighty Gators. It's going to be epic.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ExecutiveGator;n290907 said:
Our defense will suffocate them for 60-minutes. Listened to Davis' after game comments - they're pissed they gave up 10 to Ole Miss. Missouri will finally get the welcoming to the SEC they deserve from the Mighty Gators. It's going to be epic.
You know, I like how that sounds.....the Mighty Gators. Hide your women and children.

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not to get too far ahead of ourselves here, but how well we play next week is going to impact the LSU game as well, do we play at night in Death Valley on ESPN/prime time, or do we play during the day on CBS at 3:30?

Just thought I'd make everyone's day with that.

I know, putting the cart before the horse. The only thing I know for sure is that LSU Is going to be ranked way ahead of us, Bama vs ATM, which will be the other SEC choice game that week. Keep it in mind.

Personally, I hope we kick the snot out of Mizzou, crush style. My ex BIL is a Mizzou fan, I loathe that guy.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We beat Mizzou, that LSU game gets moved to 3:30 CBS during the day more than likely, a big break for us. We'll know officially Tuesday.

Speaking of which, a break for us is the Mizzou game is NOT an 11 am local start time....that is a big advantage for them at home, teams that travel likely have to be up and about at the hotel around 6 or so that morning. We can sleep in.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't give Missouri a second thought back when they announced they were joining the SEC. Now I can't stand their azzes and root against them regularly. I echo all the other comments that I hope we show them the new norm that they should learn to expect when they play UF

Go Gata!

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I don't look at the Missouri game as a trap game. A trap game is a game where you don't have anything to prove. You have arrived. You have a lofty ranking. You are overconfident. A trap game is a game against someone you think is a lesser opponent and it often comes between a big emotional win and another big game on the horizon.

These Gators are still moving up. They have not arrived. They still have something to prove. They are still motivated. An Missouri is an SEC team and an SEC team that has won the SEC Eastern Division what? the last couple of years. So even though Missouri may not be as good this year as in the recent past, they still have a reputation to defend. They are not Vanderbilt or Kentucky. And we have not done so good against Missouri since they have joined the SEC.

I see the Gators' motivation to continue for this game. I don't see a letdown. It's payback time. I think the game will be harder fought and closer than many will expect, but I see the Gators winning one by more than just showing up in the Show Me State.

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
Okeechobee Joe;n291155 said:
I don't look at the Missouri game as a trap game. A trap game is a game where you don't have anything to prove. You have arrived. You have a lofty ranking. You are overconfident. A trap game is a game against someone you think is a lesser opponent and it often comes between a big emotional win and another big game on the horizon.

These Gators are still moving up. They have not arrived. They still have something to prove. They are still motivated. An Missouri is an SEC team and an SEC team that has won the SEC Eastern Division what? the last couple of years. So even though Missouri may not be as good this year as in the recent past, they still have a reputation to defend. They are not Vanderbilt or Kentucky. And we have not done so good against Missouri since they have joined the SEC.

I see the Gators' motivation to continue for this game. I don't see a letdown. It's payback time. I think the game will be harder fought and closer than many will expect, but I see the Gators winning one by more than just showing up in the Show Me State.

Agreed, theres no dought that mizzou has had our number the past couple years. These Gators are not going to overlook this game :chomp:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I Have No Friends :(;n290709 said:
Not worried about this game at all. I see us winning comfortably and getting out of there with minimal injuries and chomping at the bit to play LSU. The only game on our remaining schedule that scares me is LSU, and that's mainly because it's on the road and they have Fournette.

I am very much looking forward to the good guys putting a hurting on Mizzou. They're way overdue.
Check the Mizzou defensive stats and remember that their new qb is a huge improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.