More evidence of the pussification of sports: Danica the Harpy nagging Denny Hamlin

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Danica Patrick is fairly hot and all, and I've always wanted to see her make out with that girl in the GoDaddy commercial, but she needs to stay off the track with this harpy attitude. This conversation reminds me of something that would have sent me out the door for good with girls I've dated in the past and is so cringe worthy that I almost didn't post it. I don't even like Nascar, but at least it used to be the last bastion of machismo. Time was, you had a conflict with a fella on the track, you either took a swing at him, banged his girlfriend, or ran his dirt-track-ridin'-semi-pro ass over. Now you have a conflict with a guy and you come after him with ear-splitting nagging.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...lin-words.html

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
PastyStoole;n181565 said:
I think Danica Patrick is fairly hot and all, and I've always wanted to see her make out with that girl in the GoDaddy commercial, but she needs to stay off the track with this harpy attitude. This conversation reminds me of something that would have sent me out the door for good with girls I've dated in the past and is so cringe worthy that I almost didn't post it. I don't even like Nascar, but at least it used to be the last bastion of machismo. Time was, you had a conflict with a fella on the track, you either took a swing at him, banged his girlfriend, or ran his dirt-track-ridin'-semi-pro ass over. Now you have a conflict with a guy and you come after him with ear-splitting nagging.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...eck-makes-daytona-500-denny-hamlin-words.html

:facepalm:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
She wouldn't even have her ride if she was male. She has one of the top budgets and still has poor finishes usually.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This conversation/argument was about NASCAR? Fooled me.

"You did the same thing," Patrick said, referring to the Wednesday incident. "Tighten what up? Nobody else left me with a problem out there."

"Nobody has your back like I have it," Hamlin said. "Stop. Listen to me. But I can’t give you an extra two feet because it’s you."

"You give me nothing. You give me nothing. It spun my back end around!" countered Patrick.

Hamlin: "I understand. It’s because you’re loose. It’s not my problem if you’re loose."

Patrick: "Nobody else did it to me."

Hamlin: "Then nobody else is getting close to you. We have to get close to you. To get you going forward, we have to get close to you. I know it got you loose."

Patrick: "You spun me out. Just like in practice. When I looked in my rearview mirror and you were right here. You weren’t here; you were here."

Hamlin: "Absolutely. You were loose entering the corners …"

Patrick: “Because you … Denny. It happened twice. The same person, the same way.”

Hamlin: "But guess what. I didn’t hit you either time."

Patrick: "Well then apparently you don’t have to actually hit me. I like you Denny, you’re my friend."

Hamlin: "Does it mean like, 'oh my god, she's loose. I can't run next to her?' What should I do?"

Patrick: "It just means don't be up my ass on my left corner … you did it on the straightaway and then you did it in the corner that time. Both times exact same results."

Hamlin: "I won't get close to you. I understand now."

Patrick: "You can get close; I'm sure everybody gets close. But you don't need to turn me. That's what it did."

Denny: "I know it did. I totally get it, but it's something they have to work on."

At that point, Tony Stewart, co-owner of SHR, arrives and chides Hamlin.

"Tony, I never touched her," Hamlin said. "I never touched her. What do you want me to do? Not run close?"

"You watch the video," Stewart said.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n181589 said:
She wouldn't even have her ride if she was male. She has one of the top budgets and still has poor finishes usually.

Yep.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That woman is an embarrassment. If she was ugly she wouldn't even be part of NASCAR because she never would have been able to get sponsors. She certainly can't perform on the track.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n181599 said:
That woman is an embarrassment. If she was ugly she wouldn't even be part of NASCAR because she never would have been able to get sponsors. She certainly can't perform on the track.

And gee what great accomplishment did she have in IRL? Now she can out drive me but that is not saying too much. Now it is a money situation and she is popular and brings in money. Lots of other poor drivers out there as well.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
MidwestChomp;n181590 said:

"You did the same thing," Patrick said, referring to the Wednesday incident. "Tighten what up? Nobody else left me with a problem out there."

"Nobody has your back like I have it," Hamlin said. "Stop. Listen to me. But I can’t give you an extra two feet because it’s you."

"You give me nothing. You give me nothing. It spun my back end around!" countered Patrick.

Hamlin: "I understand. It’s because you’re loose. It’s not my problem if you’re loose."

Hamlin: "Then nobody else is getting close to you. We have to get close to you. To get you going forward, we have to get close to you. I know it got you loose."

Patrick: "You spun me out. Just like in practice. When I looked in my rearview mirror and you were right here. You weren’t here; you were here."

Patrick: “Because you … Denny. It happened twice. The same person, the same way.”

Patrick: "Well then apparently you don’t have to actually hit me. I like you Denny, you’re my friend."

Hamlin: "Does it mean like, 'oh my god, she's loose. I can't run next to her?' What should I do?"

Patrick: "It just means don't be up my ass on my left corner … you did it on the straightaway and then you did it in the corner that time. Both times exact same results."

Patrick: "You can get close; I'm sure everybody gets close. But you don't need to turn me. That's what it did."

Denny: "I know it did. I totally get it, but it's something they have to work on."

"Tony, I never touched her," Hamlin said. "I never touched her. What do you want me to do? Not run close?"

Danica's loose azz.

:lmao:

Attachments

• conv_2499.jpg
    conv_2499.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 42

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jeez I heard that crap for 30 years.
Do you always have to drive on the white line? Why do you have to stop so close behind somebody at a light. You act like youre trying to sniff their ass. Put your damn seat belt on,,be a role model. Don't drive so fast, you're going 60. You never use your turn signal. Check behind you before you pass a car. Speed up, you're going too slow. You;re going to get pulled over and the cop is gonna see that beer bottle. Here's a space right here,just park here, Why do you have to always get a parking space at the front door? Don't drive next to that semi...you know they frighten me. Please just shut that ****ing yap hole.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with driving in Nascar is that you always have to drive a car that is not perfect or even decent. You get loose when drivers move around you and if you can't handle it you don't belong in NASCAR. There are a lot of drivers who don't really belong.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n181590 said:

Attachments

• conv_2502.gif
    conv_2502.gif
    365.6 KB · Views: 53

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I thought all NASCAR drivers were women. :dunno:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n181648 said:
I thought all NASCAR drivers were women. :dunno:

Nah.... only two.

4741.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The impression I got was that Tony sided with Danica. Did I read that wrong? Or is he just protecting the cash cow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.