Most Valuable College Football Teams

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when Florida was in the Top 5? Thanks Fooley.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, Im told we are penniless and cant afford immediate upgrades in facilities. Must keep waiting. Maybe next decade. Maybe.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, Im told we are penniless and cant afford immediate upgrades in facilities. Must keep waiting. Maybe next decade. Maybe.

at the end of the fiscal year 17 I believe it was 32 M net profit... we are broke as schit.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I get that, but doesn't it say $138 M in the second paragraph and$111 M later?

138 is donations to the athletic department, Ta&m put $119 (out of 260) of their donated money in the football account, unlike Florida, which is why they are at 148 M in total revenue.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
All this is very suspect. First there is no "profit" but rather a surplus, and I bet it excludes other sports. Next value comes from the balance sheet, not just the income or surplus report. Methodology counts more than just the conclusion.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All this is very suspect. First there is no "profit" but rather a surplus, and I bet it excludes other sports. Next value comes from the balance sheet, not just the income or surplus report. Methodology counts more than just the conclusion.

The Athletic Department releases a balance sheet and reporting every year. Wouldn't doubt others do the same.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The Athletic Department releases a balance sheet and reporting every year. Wouldn't doubt others do the same.

Yes but forbes seems to rank only by contributions and expenses. I seem to remember TAM totally rebuilt their stadium, and raised money for that, thus influencing their numbers.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes but forbes seems to rank only by contributions and expenses. I seem to remember TAM totally rebuilt their stadium, and raised money for that, thus influencing their numbers.

Depends on how their accountants are depreciating the asset, similar to how we are depreciating our IPF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.