Mullen's SEC Record

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ure-set-his-replacement-up-success/897143001/

You have to know the history of Mississippi State football before Dan Mullen and then you can put the Mullen era at Starkville in context.

As the article linked to points out, Dan Mullen won 9 games per year three times in 9 years at State. In the previous 100 years Mississippi State only won 9 games four times. Now I know that in the not too distant past teams only played 10 games instead of 11 or 12.

The facilities at State have been upgraded. The stadium has been enlarged. The expectations of that fan base was raised. Starkville is the smallest and most isolated venue in the SEC. Tough place to recruit. Florida is on a different planet. Mississippi State fans are not thankful that UF took Dan Mullen off their hands. To the contrary they are mad and jealous.

So since they wanted to keep him that somehow means he's good enough for us? Then it really was a lateral move, I'll be damned.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

You make a lot of good points, but the one thing in particular this post made me think of is the fact that his offense is based running his QB 15 times a game. And yet people are saying he gets a pass on losing to a completely neutered Ole Miss team because his QB got hurt. You don't get a pass like other teams do if your QB gets hurt since your neanderthal offense makes it highly likely every SEC game.

If he runs the same offense here and his QB gets knocked out for the season, are pumpers going to make the excuse that he was winning until his QB went down? No sh$t numbnads, if you are going to run your QB repeatedly up the middle, you better have at least 3 of them that are interchangeable.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who'd want a guy with this record with a school I'd say was better historically in an easier conference than the SEC?

6-5-1
6-6-0
7-5-0
6-6-0
9-2-0

Nick Saban at Michigan State.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo OWNING and DESTROYING the Haters and Complainers on here!!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Who'd want a guy with this record with a school I'd say was better historically in an easier conference than the SEC?

6-5-1
6-6-0
7-5-0
6-6-0
9-2-0

Nick Saban at Michigan State.

Call it...30 hours and 22 minutes is all it took before the Saban comparisons started.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So, I'm too lazy but how much did LSU pay for that record? BTW, his LSU record wasn't the ****s either.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Call it...30 hours and 22 minutes is all it took before the Saban comparisons started.
The point is, you'd have been just as pissed if in 1999 had Spurrier already jumped to the NFL, we'd have hired Saban from the other MSU.

Gatorfool

Sep 9, 2016
Could you remind me again what his record as OC at florida was ???and did he win any championships??? Yeah I thought so.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Could you remind me again what his record as OC at florida was ???and did he win any championships??? Yeah I thought so.
Slightly worse than McElstain's at Trailerbammer.

But we hired McElstain not Saban last time, just like we hired Mullins, not Creyer this time. I guess it isneasy to confuse the names on the top of the resume for some.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The point is, you'd have been just as pissed if in 1999 had Spurrier already jumped to the NFL, we'd have hired Saban from the other MSU.

Just stop with the stupid comparisons. This is the third time in a row some moron(s) is doing the exact same thing.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I can’t wait for the O&B game. Nothing better than sitting in The Swamp in the spring and watching the Gators compete. It’s just a spring game but we usually bring the entire crew and make a long weekend out of it. We hit the game and all of our favorite watering holes. Usually arrange for some buddy’s to meet up with and make it memorable. In the meantime we’ll get up for as many basketball games as we can and catch the one down south in December. Actually planning on making a greater effort to get to some UF baseball games this year. That’s slacked off a bit for us and I need baseball back in my life.

After all these years I think I love UF more now than I ever have. I really appreciate what that place has brought to my family. I can’t wait to start sending all the grandkids to UF.

Let’s go Gators! Dan you’re on the clock. Let’s see what you can bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator