Muschamp fires 17 year equipment manager at SC Just like the 17 year chaplain

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...es-longtime-south-carolina-equipment-manager/

When Holtz got the South Carolina job, Matlock followed. When Holtz left Columbia, Matlock stayed.

In fact, Matlock stayed on the job through the 11-year Steve Spurrier reign, and then through the beginning stages of the Will Muschamp era. Until Friday. Muschamp announced yesterday he has dismissed Matlock and the entire equipment staff.
“I don’t have any comment,” Muschamp told The State.

Matlock is joined on the unemployment line by another longtime off-the-field staffer in team chaplain Adrian Despres.

A new head coach has, or at least should have, complete autonomy over the staff that works under him. He’s the man that’s got to right the ship, so it’s up to him to get the men he wants working the oars. But usually the ceremonial changing of the guards extends to assistant coaches and the strength coach, not the equipment staff and team chaplain.
But, hey, if it takes a new equipment guy and a new chaplain to catch up to Clemson then that’s what it takes."
The guy probably tried to explain why something Muscrap wanted him to do would be counterproductive or dared to quiver a question about something or rolled his eyes or shook his head in disbelief at one of Muscramp's tantrums. Any small thing that was an affront to Muskchump's ego would have been sufficient. The addition of the tour bus could only have further inflated Muschamp's ego and his atrocious behavior..

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Next guy WM transfers to a new job will end up a speed bump for the boom bust.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Probably caught the chaplain boning up on exorcisms.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He was the biggest Cock they could find......can I say that?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
The more i see and read of that guy (WM), the smaller and more petty he seems. And to think, it was UF who made him a millionaire.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Boom showed that POS punk where his nickname came from.... Said Will "Boom Mfer... Hit the pavement!"

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Meanwhile, at Cockytalk:

1. Something is beginning to smell

2. Word is people are not happy

3. Cocky better watch his ass. :bwahaha:

4. 1st he fires the Chaplain, now the Equip Mgr. Wow!!! Boom is sure a Big S.O.B.

They're starting to get it.

Muschamp thinks South Carolina's fight song is "Cocky Top" so it's not Cocky's ass I'm worried about.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The AD stepped in quickly on this. Makes you wonder WTF is going on over there.... Did Muschamp not consult w/ the AD before making a decision to fire someone? It's unbelievable how much of a POS he is. What's more amazing is there were people who thought he deserved more time at UF!
Seriously, this is an awful start to a relationship in which the two top guys in the organization are supposed to be seeing eye to eye on stuff like this. Now every time Muschamp sees the equipment guy around the sports complex he's going to be reminded of the very public b!tch slap his boss gave him. Talk about uncomfortable. And this all in just 5 months on the job.

Yup. His days are numbered already.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Seriously, this is an awful start to a relationship in which the two top guys in the organization are supposed to be seeing eye to eye on stuff like this. Now every time Muschamp sees the equipment guy around the sports complex he's going to be reminded of the very public b!tch slap his boss gave him. Talk about uncomfortable. And this all in just 5 months on the job.

Yup. His days are numbered already.

Isnt it great?

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. He dismissed the whole equipment staff, not just one guy. What a contrast with Mac. One of them explodes and fires everyone, the other explains what he wants, and how they are an important part of the team, and reinforces the actions he wants to see. Also, greets them, talks to them ,and treats them as people. I feel for the players. Just so glad, it's not our players anymore..

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's being reported that Mushstank tried to get 'em to sign an agreement not to go to
to any SEC team as equipment staff.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
As this thread gets bumped up periodically, I speed read the title and think "Muschamp fires Head Ball Coach..." and I get all giddy knowing that with him it is entirely possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator