Muschamp fires 17 year equipment manager at SC Just like the 17 year chaplain

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...es-longtime-south-carolina-equipment-manager/

When Holtz got the South Carolina job, Matlock followed. When Holtz left Columbia, Matlock stayed.

In fact, Matlock stayed on the job through the 11-year Steve Spurrier reign, and then through the beginning stages of the Will Muschamp era. Until Friday. Muschamp announced yesterday he has dismissed Matlock and the entire equipment staff.
“I don’t have any comment,” Muschamp told The State.

Matlock is joined on the unemployment line by another longtime off-the-field staffer in team chaplain Adrian Despres.

A new head coach has, or at least should have, complete autonomy over the staff that works under him. He’s the man that’s got to right the ship, so it’s up to him to get the men he wants working the oars. But usually the ceremonial changing of the guards extends to assistant coaches and the strength coach, not the equipment staff and team chaplain.
But, hey, if it takes a new equipment guy and a new chaplain to catch up to Clemson then that’s what it takes."

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WM was rumored to have said "that guy couldn't carry my jock".

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Meanwhile, at Cockytalk:

1. Something is beginning to smell

2. Word is people are not happy

3. Cocky better watch his ass. :bwahaha:

4. 1st he fires the Chaplain, now the Equip Mgr. Wow!!! Boom is sure a Big S.O.B.

They're starting to get it.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
On Cockytalk, they are saying that even though Chump fired him, the AD stepped in and is putting him in another position in the athletic department. That makes Chump look bad if true.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
On Cockytalk, they are saying that even though Chump fired him, the AD stepped in and is putting him in another position in the athletic department. That makes Chump look bad if true.

Right on.....and it doesn't take much to make him look bad at all.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Had to go. He refused to deflate the footballs.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yep this being the 2nd one he has done this to makes it appear Muschamp is pretty petty. What will he do next fire Marcus Lattimore after Spurrier gave him a job.
I thought I heard somewhere that the NCAA stopped the hiring of Lattimore?

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I will be happy when the name "Muschamp" is forever erased from the memory of Gator football. Unfortunately, that is probably not going to happen soon.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
It's obvious those 2 were responsible for South Carolina football never winning the SEC championship. So it makes sense to me?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously Mushchump identified the problem with SC football and has righted the ship. Clear sailing to the SEC East Championship ahead!

:what:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
This was the reason he was fired.
elliot-fry-carolin-jersey-1.jpg

Plus, he forgot to wash Muschamp's jock strap and now he has jock itch.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Poor kid was already tired of fixing broken things in the locker room, I bet.

I can't believe they gave that numbnuts a 5 year contact. They are going to want out by November.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

The AD stepped in quickly on this. Makes you wonder WTF is going on over there.... Did Muschamp not consult w/ the AD before making a decision to fire someone? It's unbelievable how much of a POS he is. What's more amazing is there were people who thought he deserved more time at UF!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought I heard somewhere that the NCAA stopped the hiring of Lattimore?

He can't officially join the staff until he is no longer a student, he is on pace to graduate in May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.