Muschamp: No plan to play 2 QBs

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Law98gator;n66433 said:
WTF are you talking about? We finished behind Kintucky last year (and 6 other SEC teams) and we will be damn lucky to finish in the top 40 this year. We have massive holes all over the OL and at DT. We are again starting mediocre players at LB and WR and are terrible at S after having recruited 16 DBs in the last 4 years. We have never gotten more than 2 of the top 20 Florida players. We've basically lost out on every 5 star playmaker, even the kids from Florida.

He owns every damn bit of this.

You think that is a good recruiter?

Good Lawd. Totally divorced from reality. I guess you could say that his recruiting isn't terrible relative to his record of two losing SEC seasons, but that's about it.

You're clueless

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Okay this thread has gone on for 13 pages now, so its about time to say it.
"Mushchamp has no plan to play 2 QBs"

Nobody plans to fail, they just fail to plan.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm the absolute last guy to defend Champer on this board. But seriously, why would ANY coach comment on any aspect of a game plan before the game? Why telegraph to Butch Jones your plan on whether or not to play one or two QB's? I can blame Champer for a lot of things with number 1 being the least imaginative HC I've ever watched. But seriously, why let on what your plans are with two QB's?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
T REX;n66439 said:
He just gave up the most yards in school history. Good? That's horrific. His D has been in a tail spin since the UL loss. He's overrated as a defensive coach and as a recruiter. He's getting absolutely worked in recruiting right now and about that D. What exactly are you hanging your CWM hat on again? Upside? The guy is trending downward and that 2012 season was Quinn and a bunch of NFL talent especially at DT.

Champ is a well respected defensive mind. Has been for quiet some time. Probably all the way back to his time as Auburn's DC when he was one of the very few that could give our offense fits. I don't feel this is a debatable subject. He is far from getting worked in recruiting. All he needs is a solid year on the field to land all the top guys that are Florida leans. Try again.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n66594 said:
All he needs is a solid year on the field to land all the top guys that are Florida leans.
Is that all? Then I guess we're in some serious freaking trouble.

Coach, I'm saying a prayer for you.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n66595 said:
Is that all? Then I guess we're in some serious freaking trouble.

Coach, I'm saying a prayer for you.

So you're saying you have zero hope for a solid season?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n66597 said:
So you're saying you have zero hope for a solid season?
I don't know if my hope is zero, but it's close. It will certainly hit zero if we lose on Saturday. This is simply a poorly, poorly led team. We've seen more than enough to make that conclusion, Coach. I feel bad for the players, honestly.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Coach9;n66594 said:
Champ is a well respected defensive mind. Has been for quiet some time. Probably all the way back to his time as Auburn's DC when he was one of the very few that could give our offense fits. I don't feel this is a debatable subject. He is far from getting worked in recruiting. All he needs is a solid year on the field to land all the top guys that are Florida leans. Try again.

Dear Coach,

I trust you got my package.

--Reche

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Coach9;n66594 said:

Seriously? Well respected where? Every coach he plays now has him figured out. He's continuously out coached in every game now on a regular basis. If you can't figure that out just go back and watch the last 1:20 of the first half of the UA game. To make a long story short he heads to the locker room with possession and three timeouts? Not even Gary Darnell would have pulled that one out of his ass. Sheesh....

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n66603 said:
I don't know if my hope is zero, but it's close. It will certainly hit zero if we lose on Saturday. This is simply a poorly, poorly led team. We've seen more than enough to make that conclusion, Coach. I feel bad for the players, honestly.

If we lose Saturday my hopes for this team will diminish quite a bit.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're a good man, coach. Hang tough.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
PaulDrake;n66606 said:
Seriously? Well respected where? Every coach he plays now has him figured out. He's continuously out coached in every game now on a regular basis. If you can't figure that out just go back and watch the last 1:20 of the first half of the UA game. To make a long story short he heads to the locker room with possession and three timeouts? Not even Gary Darnell would have pulled that one out of his ass. Sheesh....
Most places not this message board.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We rag on each other but we're all still Gators. It hurts to be so down on the team, it really does. I sorta admire those that are still upbeat. Things aren't always going to be down like this, though.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n66625 said:
We rag on each other but we're all still Gators. It hurts to be so down on the team, it really does. I sorta admire those that are still upbeat. Things aren't always going to be down like this, though.

Agreed. And I'll gladly e-high-five those pumpers if they turn out to be correct. We all want the same thing...just different ideas of how to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator