Muschamp: No plan to play 2 QBs

gatorz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n65951 said:
I will say, regardless of whether JD starts the whole year or not, I don't want to see Muschamp get wishy washy with Harris's playing time and rotate them in and out. If he's going to start Harris, leave him in the whole game. That whole rotate-a-QB mess rarely (if ever) works out in the offense's favor.

Could not agree more, either put the kid in and let him have the job or leave him on the sidelines for the most part. Harris has talent and I think could possibly out perform JD right now but don't get him in the middle of a juggling act and screw up the young mans head and his confidence.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n65958 said:
Seemed to work out well for Roper at Duke. Just saying ;)

Did he rotate QBs? That would be one of the rarely's then.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n65965 said:
Did he rotate QBs? That would be one of the rarely's then.

Yeah he did, and it was a big part of what he likes to do on offense which is why I wouldn't mind seeing him do it here. Unlike some others around here, I'm not down on Roper as an OC. I've watched the games and there are receivers open all over the field. The plays are there to be made, we just need to put in the guys who can execute (and this includes more than just Driskel).

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n65967 said:
Yeah he did, and it was a big part of what he likes to do on offense which is why I wouldn't mind seeing him do it here. Unlike some others around here, I'm not down on Roper as an OC. I've watched the games and there are receivers open all over the field. The plays are there to be made, we just need to put in the guys who can execute (and this includes more than just Driskel).

Well if he knows how to make it work, then by all means. I just want them to figure this sh*t out.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
That whole rotate-a-QB mess rarely (if ever) works out in the offense's favor.
I don't agree. Roper used 2 QB's at Duke. LSU used 2 QB's in their last NC season, we used 2 QB's in 2006 and SOS did it here before that. Sometimes it works as bringing in your 6th man in BB. It doesn't necessarily mean your making a permanent change. It could be a way of breaking tempo or giving a QB who's been under pressure or running with the ball a lot a breather.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n65936 said:
All off-season, we were hoping that Roper would be running the offense. That hope was officially shot to hell during that halftime interview against Bammer about 'running the ball more' and then the three runs up the gut after the 8 minute Bammer TD drive. If Duncechamp was smart, he would leave the offense 100% to Roper and focus on somehow getting the defense back on track.

There was nothing wrong with running the ball there. But the motion on the 3rd down play allowed the defender to time his blitz and make the play from the backside.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
LSU gave their Freshman enough snaps to show he earned a starting shot. Even Bama has been giving both guys snaps to see what would shake out. The only one that butchered their QB situation was Mason at Vandy.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n65988 said:
LSU gave their Freshman enough snaps to show he earned a starting shot. Even Bama has been giving both guys snaps to see what would shake out. The only one that butchered their QB situation was Mason at Vandy.

Another ultra-conservative defensive-minded coach. I'm starting to see a pattern here...

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n65934 said:
Let's think about this logically for a second. To all of us, it may seem like Harris would be a great option to throw in there since JD hasn't played well so far this season. But WM is coaching for his job right now, and he knows it. Don't you think he would do everything he could to ensure more wins and keep his job? I mean, maybe he's so stubborn as to purposely sabotage his own job security, but that just wouldn't make sense.

He could just be a terrible coach with zero imagination.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He was talking about mason and muschamp being similar

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
t-gator;n65997 said:
He was talking about mason and muschamp being similar

Handling of QB situation they are complete opposites. One is standing pat. The other flailing wildly about playing 3 different QBs in the 1st half of the 1st game after naming a starter. Real poor comparison.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n65982 said:
I don't agree. Roper used 2 QB's at Duke. LSU used 2 QB's in their last NC season, we used 2 QB's in 2006 and SOS did it here before that. Sometimes it works as bringing in your 6th man in BB. It doesn't necessarily mean your making a permanent change. It could be a way of breaking tempo or giving a QB who's been under pressure or running with the ball a lot a breather.

LSU had Matt Flynn their NC year, did they not? Perilloux got the occasional wildcat carry (like Tebow in 2006), but that's not using two QB's. Not even close. And how many years did we win the SEC with SOS rotating QB's every play? Zero. It wasn't until SOS stuck with Grossman in 2000 that he won the SEC.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If he goes 7-18 for 60ish -or some such in the first half. He better put another QB in if he knows whats good for him.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
News;n65326 said:
Jeff Driskel apparently has mastered one aspect of playing quarterback at the University of Florida. The beleaguered junior is standing strong and composed in the face of a heavy rush of criticism.

More...
That just about sums it up. On the grid iron, he doesn't hold up as well. Of course, it makes too much sense to use two QB's at Florida, which shows that Roper is not in control. The chump still has his way with the offense. No hurry up. Very little imagination. Same ole.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n65699 said:
Wow that is a hard choice. Muschamp or Ebola? Ebola can be cured and then you can move on with your life. Muschamp is apparently here until the naked pictures of Foley are found.
Is that the theory? Naked pictures of Fooley? I hadn't thought of that. Scary thought. :suspect2:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n65708 said:
Let's just face the facts, Muschamp is offensively challenged.
Defensively as well since the real guru Dan Quinn left for Seattle and the NFL along with Meyer's recruits.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n65934 said:
Let's think about this logically for a second. To all of us, it may seem like Harris would be a great option to throw in there since JD hasn't played well so far this season. But WM is coaching for his job right now, and he knows it. Don't you think he would do everything he could to ensure more wins and keep his job? I mean, maybe he's so stubborn as to purposely sabotage his own job security, but that just wouldn't make sense.
Thinking logically? When has thinking logically been demonstrated by the chump? Why, when the game is out of hand would you not logically put in your backup QB just for the game experience if nothing else? Why when the starting QB is taking the team nowhere and your job is on the line would you not at least give the backup, who has by the way shown great poise, a chance to do something positive? Freshman QB's are demonstrating starting ability in a many places but the logic of the chump stays with a QB that for 3 years has shown he is not a difference maker at this level. Really, can you really call it logical? Doesn't it actually fall into Einstein's definition of insanity? The Bama game showed just how relevant the Gators are in the national picture. Disgusting for sure but certainly not logical.
:deadhorse:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Or maybe he sees Harris in practice every day and knows a hell of a lot more about what Harris's grasp of the playbook and current abilities to lead the offense are. I would imagine if Harris was lighting it up in practice and knew the playbook inside and out, he would be getting a chance.

I will say, regardless of whether JD starts the whole year or not, I don't want to see Muschamp get wishy washy with Harris's playing time and rotate them in and out. If he's going to start Harris, leave him in the whole game. That whole rotate-a-QB mess rarely (if ever) works out in the offense's favor.

Sas, I have hoped against hope for the last 2 or 3 years. I'm not a sunshine pumper by any means though I have been accused of that many times because I have been more optimistic than most, for most of the time. But him not allowing TH to have a couple of series and pull an completely impotent JD at the end of the Bama game was astonishing to me. There was NO PART of that offense that looked good at ANY POINT against Bama. When what they were doing wasn't working and hell, the game was already decided, he should have tried something else.

Like I said at the time and what I've been saying ever since, even with limited knowledge of the playbook, I have to believe TH could muster up a 33% completion average and 200 yards of offense. Besides, what's it matter if he hasn't grasped the entire play book? It looks like we're gonna have yet another season of predictable offensive play. Give TH plenty of practice with the same 5 plays over and over again and he'll master it in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator