MUST READ: Part 1: Mullen's destructive final years; Part 2: Billy Napier's rebuild

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
No Darth Vader. No “Cowboys” talk 6 games in. No mention of Seider. “Recruiting season”, “more yardage, we win”, etc. you could write a novel of how to be a complete toolbag out of 3-4 years of material.
Don't forget making Wilson a capt the game after the shoe throw.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I read as much as I could stomach, probably 3/4 or so. My question is why now? Why put this out a week before the opener? Finebaum a Tennessee grad and bama d!ck sucker has been bashing us a few weeks. Chuck Oliver a auburn grad and dwag d!ck sucker has been bashing us all summer, including today. And now this guy, that's probably not a gator grad, does us a favor and prints this now when he had the whole offseason to tell what we already knew. Something tells me there's a little to much momentum going on in Gainesville right now and the media is doing what the media does. Fuchs em all. Go Napier! and GO GATORS!

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Damn. I still can't believe Mullen brought that dipshyt Grantham back in 2021 after that abysmal 2020 defensive season. And yep, it was Hevesy who kept Pierce from being a featured back. Now I guess we all know why. Mullen was afraid of these guys. What did they have on him?

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I still remember being in Disney world night of shoe throw. Made the family go back to hotel to live in misery. Something told me once they announced Pitts out we have a problem. The SOB sat players for the next week? Unbelievable, ruined my trip

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
“Gator fans are just spoiled”

“Gator fans ran off a good coach in Mullen”

“Gator fans demand championships or want the coach fired after 3 years”

Waiting for apologies. Gator fans are right yet again.

(Looking at you @stephenPE )

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
So glad to have Napier now, he's a class act, has his shyt together and I believe will get us back to excellence. It may not come as fast as everyone wants, but the program was completely broken and is taking time to resurrect.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Damn. I still can't believe Mullen brought that dipshyt Grantham back in 2021 after that abysmal 2020 defensive season. And yep, it was Hevesy who kept Pierce from being a featured back. Now I guess we all know why. Mullen was afraid of these guys. What did they have on him?

I in no way wanted him to make that move following the ‘20 season. It was bad enough to bring him in knowing how the fan base felt about him. But to keep him post ‘19 when uga converted 100 3rd downs as if it was nothing was the killer. He knew what needed to be done and didn’t care. Once a generational offense and championship shot was wasted in 2020, his bed was made and I didn’t want any part of 2021 being a “give him time with the new coordinator” repeat of Muschamp ‘13-14.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I’m sure the apologists will be along shortly. But Mullen started reviving….blah, blah, blah….

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Theres nothing in that article that wasn't speculated about ad nauseum on this and other boards the last 2 years of his pathetic tenure. He sucks, but we all knew that. The article was just further confirmation.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Sounds exactly like what we thought was happening
Exactly what I thought - confirms the reports and speculations voiced on this board.

I doubt Mullen has reflected on the meltdown to see where he went wrong, understand his strengths and weaknesses, etc. So defensive.

Sharp contrast to Napier so far. Long way to go to match Mullen’s early successes, but I do think the culture part is moving in the right direction.

And by the way, before the 2021 season? Nothing but roses and rainbows coming out of camp. But I do think it’s better now. Am I just a sap?

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nothing like reading this indictment of Mullen and his "culture" that makes one want to go out and kick somebody's dog. Preferably the dog of a Jawja alum.....

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Quite amazing that the stuff we were observing during that time turned out to be true. Mullen hired his friends and refused to override them. He never acted like he was actually in charge of the program. I honestly have no idea how he survived coaching Mississippi State as long as he did. He's a coordinator, not even close to being a head coach.
So basically the fans were right about everything and the trust the coaches sunshine pumping cult was wrong as usual

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Reading these articles a couple of years after the fact is so damn depressing. I remember reading one about Butters that was just as horrifying as this one in a few different ways. Before that, the Chimp melted down in his own way.

My point is, UF managed to hire THREE BLITHERING IDIOTS in a row, it's incredible. What's even more incredible is that Jeremy Foley was not only not run out of town on a rail like he should have been, they've allowed him to hang around and named an entire wing of the new facilities after him. Jesus wept.

What Gator fans have gone through since Tebow left should qualify us for PTSD disability payments from the government. We've been forced to eat crap and told it's ice cream. What a sh!t show.
And all 3 had some early success then imploded in year 3-4 as their deficiencies sucked them and the program into the abyss.

Napier’s ability to navigate these next 2-3 years will depend on his hires (starting with Armstrong), the culture he’s establishing and his own success as play caller, OC and QB coach - and his willingness to hire an OC if needed.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's exactly how I imagined Grantham. I definitely woulda liked to have gotten more details on Marco throwing a shoe and Pitts sitting out the lsu game. We already knew hevesy and Grantham were dickheads

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator