My Thoughts on Gator Football

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Let's see 5 years of brow beating kids, pathological temper tantrums, personnel group deficits everywhere except DB and a keystone cops offense vs reverse all that mind poison, ruined reputation and develop personnel up to championship level 1.5 years... :scratchchin: it just seems somewhat illogical.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My beef besides the lack of a bad beat down on a vocational school & not having the 4th quarter played with all backups, was something similar to what we saw in the bowl game against Michigan. Mac had a month for that game and they came out flat, like they had never practiced.. He had 8 months to work on getting ready for opening day, what did we see?? Lack of discipline (= stupid penalties), lack of energy from the team, piss poor performance, lousy game calling (Nuss). Mediocre coaching coupled with 3* talent is the product we are seeing on the field.

It has to improve, and quickly. 5 years in to the rebuilding.. We need to put a product on the field that attracts talent, better recruiting and coaching. Even Dabo has been taking players out of Florida, the bleeding has to stop.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I know there was a talent level difference in the opponent but that Missouri game is the game that reminded me of this UMass game. The offense didn't look great at all in that Missouri game and the passes were mostly short stuff also just like in this past game.

Yep. There's this myth that the offense was good (to great) when Grier was the QB. His last game he passed for barely 200 yards, we had just over 300 yards of total offense, got shut out in the 2nd half, and scored 14 offensive points (there was a 2nd half pick six). The offense under Grier showed flashes of being good but little to no consistency. The OL was garbage and still is. Not sure why people are thinking it will be better considering the OL has not improved. I'll agree that Treon was part of the problem....but so was/is coaching.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cannot have 5 years into rebuilding when the new HC and staff are one season
+ one game into rebuilding.?? Still, it does appear Mac and crew are faltering.
Are our players letting them down or are coaches letting players down ?

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I agree Mac ran this game like a practice scrimmage. I think he wanted to see what the team could do, and he must have been sorely disappointed. The offensive line is still offensive. Del Rio can manage a game, but without a good OL, there's nothing to manage. By half time I wanted to see another QB besides Del Rio. I think Appleby doesn't have it (even Treon managed to be co-starter through the first game). I'm ready for Trask. I'm prepared for freshman mistakes. I want a future with championships, not third-tier bowl games.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Cannot have 5 years into rebuilding when the new HC and staff are one season
+ one game into rebuilding.?? Still, it does appear Mac and crew are faltering.
Are our players letting them down or are coaches letting players down ?

Yes.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I suggest all those feeling the urge to leap off a cliff to just go ahead and do it.

I think I'm going to wait more than one game in before I make my mind up about the potential of this team.

Ok Ok I'll wait one more week. Is it alright if I stand on the edge of the cliff and look over?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
BC is a 16.5 fav over UMASS. I'll be quietly watching that game to see what happens. Kinda like people last year trying to say New Mex State was better than they looked. Yeah right.

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
This crap of coaches hiring friends kills me. That's a good way to get fired. Look at Mac and Nuss, Bitch Jones and Debord, or Les and Cam Cameron. These guys don't think outside the box with these hires. They hire their buddies and then don't fire them until the administration makes them.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
The guys calling the game were talking about warmups and said 'Del Rio has a LIVE arm.. can make all the throws'.. they seemed to think he didn't have a noodle arm.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Wonder if threads like these has Ox wondering why he started this board and asking himself, where the hell is that damn cliff..... :suicide2:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok Ok I'll wait one more week. Is it alright if I stand on the edge of the cliff and look over?

No sir, you may not. We need more of your kind around here, not less!
:groupfart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.