My ticket to the Mac train

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First off, I am not a fan of Mac, never liked his pressers from the beginning with his golly gee, haw haw joke for every question asked to him. Definitely not impressed with his staff, special teams are a joke, Oline improvement non existent, recruiting has been dismal (based upon not meeting needs and landing some top talent, yes our classes have been decently ranked).

I'll give him credit for what he did last year, and it appears we should win the East again this year, (even after the vol meltdown that never should have happened), that said, the east is the weakest it has ever been. Flip side, we barely beat vocational schools and our record against winning and ranked teams is embarrassing.

There is no sure fire hire out there, there wasn't one when Foley took a mediocre mid major coach this time. We probably have no choice but to stick with Mac through next year.

This can get me on the Mac train: we win out, get to Atlanta, upset bama, which will put us in the playoffs, seedings could be #1 Meatchicken vs #4 bama, #2 clepson vs #3 gators. Causing a meltdown in the rest of the country that the SEC put two teams in the playoff. That will result in a rematch of the SECCG, where once again the football gods shall smile upon the orange and blue and we will be victorious. We then land a recruiting class that fills all our needs and some instant star impact players.

Go Gators

on a side note, the most dangerous thing about weed, is getting caught with it

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good points and agree w/ a lot of this.

My "wishes" for McElwain's success are simple: recruit better, upgrade the coaching staff, find a QB & an OL. If those things happen "it" might come together for him. If he keeps some of these dead-weight, sh*tty coaches he's going to write his own ticket out of town.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is no sure fire hire out there, there wasn't one when Foley took a mediocre mid major coach this time.
Rather taking another coach with the same record as Mushskank, I'd preferred that we shopped longer and just made DJ Durkin interim. It worked for Ohio State. Recruiting would have been better at least.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Carib,

The only people that have a problem with weed are the police.

In light of the hallucination you described of the Gators winning it all... I'd say you are toking some good stuff.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This can get me on the Mac train: we win out, get to Atlanta, upset bama, which will put us in the playoffs, seedings could be #1 Meatchicken vs #4 bama, #2 clepson vs #3 gators. Causing a meltdown in the rest of the country that the SEC put two teams in the playoff. That will result in a rematch of the SECCG, where once again the football gods shall smile upon the orange and blue and we will be victorious. We then land a recruiting class that fills all our needs and some instant star impact players.

Go Gators

th

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
First off, I am not a fan of Mac, never liked his pressers from the beginning with his golly gee, haw haw joke for every question asked to him. Definitely not impressed with his staff, special teams are a joke, Oline improvement non existent, recruiting has been dismal (based upon not meeting needs and landing some top talent, yes our classes have been decently ranked).

I'll give him credit for what he did last year, and it appears we should win the East again this year, (even after the vol meltdown that never should have happened), that said, the east is the weakest it has ever been. Flip side, we barely beat vocational schools and our record against winning and ranked teams is embarrassing.

There is no sure fire hire out there, there wasn't one when Foley took a mediocre mid major coach this time. We probably have no choice but to stick with Mac through next year.

Go Gators

We don't have the talent or depth to beat 'bama. Even if by some fluke we are to beat them it would be just that, a fluke, and not a referendum on Mac as a coach. Everybody needs to come to grips with the fact that Alabama is miles ahead of anyone else and stop using them as a measuring stick. Eventually their train will derail but for now it's running at full steam.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This can get me on the Mac train: we win out, get to Atlanta, upset bama, which will put us in the playoffs, seedings could be #1 Meatchicken vs #4 bama, #2 clepson vs #3 gators. Causing a meltdown in the rest of the country that the SEC put two teams in the playoff. That will result in a rematch of the SECCG, where once again the football gods shall smile upon the orange and blue and we will be victorious.
So what you're saying is that if we win out and win the national championship you think we have a good coach and you'll be happy with the season? That may be the boldest statement in the history of the board.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody that thinks we have a realistic shot at beating Bama and getting to the playoffs is delusional.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Go Gators

So if we win the National Title and bring in a top recruiting class you'll be okay with Mac? No f8cking kidding. You might as well just become a Bama fan if that's your criteria.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, I give up Carib, which one are you on....

(A)
peyote8.jpg

(B)
Magic-Mushrooms.jpg

(C)
big-bud-marijuana-seeds_large.jpg

(D) ALL OF THE ABOVE

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac wins the NC this year I think it's safe to say we'd all feel a lot better about him. :lol:

Carib is hammered.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac wins the NC this year I think it's safe to say we'd all feel a lot better about him. :lol:
Carib is hammered.

Nooo, not really, with that NC recruiting would go worse with guys worried about not getting playing time --
oh woe is me. :confused:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rather taking another coach with the same record as Mushskank, I'd preferred that we shopped longer and just made DJ Durkin interim. It worked for Ohio State. Recruiting would have been better at least.

It was quite a reach, firing mediocre for mediocre hasn't worked out so far, .

So what you're saying is that if we win out and win the national championship you think we have a good coach and you'll be happy with the season? That may be the boldest statement in the history of the board.

It does take a set of cojones like I have to come out and say it,

So if we win the National Title and bring in a top recruiting class you'll be okay with Mac? No f8cking kidding. You might as well just become a Bama fan if that's your criteria.

Winning championship is the criteria! you must be one of those that are satisfied with a winning season and going to a bowl, fvk that, you might as well become a vol fan.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was quite a reach, firing mediocre for mediocre hasn't worked out so far, .

It does take a set of cojones like I have to come out and say it,

Winning championship is the criteria! you must be one of those that are satisfied with a winning season and going to a bowl, fvk that, you might as well become a vol fan.
It's a process, he was left with like 2 scholarship OLinemen, and a dumbass for a QB. I'm not saying he's making all the right moves. In fact, if some moves aren't made this offseason, he's well on his way out. But to say that you'll jump on a bandwagon because they won a championship, well no f'ing sh8t. Who wants to fire someone who just won a title.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
It's a process, he was left with like 2 scholarship OLinemen, and a dumbass for a QB. I'm not saying he's making all the right moves. In fact, if some moves aren't made this offseason, he's well on his way out. But to say that you'll jump on a bandwagon because they won a championship, well no f'ing sh8t. Who wants to fire someone who just won a title.
I said Mac needs at least 4 years before judgement on his coaching tenure should be made here. At that point we'll have 4 seasons of analysis to look at, and no excuses about Muschamp's players/time here can be made for Mac. It will all rest on him.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I said Mac needs at least 4 years before judgement on his coaching tenure should be made here. At that point we'll have 4 seasons of analysis to look at, and no excuses about Muschamp's players/time here can be made for Mac. It will all rest on him.
From what I've seen with good coaches and ones that will ultimately be successful is that you usually know pretty quickly what you've got. i'm not seeing much to be inspired by thus far from Mac

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that he should have been given time. However, he isn't earning the time with his roster management and recruiting. I'm not referring to 5 stars either. I can let that slide and prove he's a developer of talent. In recruiting he is just behind all the time. They made a great push to correct the OLine numbers, but now they are slipping. They were a cycle late on LBs. Now we're a cycle late on DT's. Just piss poor roster management. My criticism isn't the stars, it's the numbers.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CBS ANNOUNCEMENT
Saturday November 12, 2016 3pm

PASSIVE
vs
AGGRESSIVE

Come one, Come all
Witness the battle between
the Chalk Board Pounder and the Sandwich Maker...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator