Nate Diaz Beats Conor McGregor

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget that McGregor probably didn't cut any or much weight and diaz probably put on another 10 to 15 pounds before the fight.
Diaz didn't need to put on any weight since he's used to that weight. Conor had to add the weight and thought it'd be no big deal except he underestimated the force of being hit by a guy in that class. He's also used to his left getting more of a reaction to smaller guys.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you for providing the lines. Maybe you could also explain how they work to me.
If you were betting on McGregor, a $380 bet would result in $100 in winnings
If you were betting on Diaz, a $100 bet would result in $290 in winnings

Google will work too

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Mystic Mac wasn't so mystic in that one. We were in Fort Walton, went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch it. Wasn't an empty seat in the place all night. Took us an hour and a half to get a table. Say what you want about Conor, but the guy is a huge draw for the company. No one has drawn ppv and gate numbers like he has.

I made the comment when Dos Anjos dropped out that if Dana White called Nate Diaz to take the fight on short notice, he'd show up in half an hour to fight the guy in the parking lot for $50 bucks. That's just the way those Diaz brothers are. I'm a big fan of McGregor and the Diazs, so it didn't disappoint me that he lost, the only disappointment is that the rumor was if McGregor won, he was calling Georges St. Pierre(who just happened to be cageside for the fight) out of retirement for a fight at UFC 200. Obviously that didn't pan out.

The bad thing about Holm losing is having to stomach Rousey vs Tate 3, after their first two fights were a landslide for Ronda. Props to Holm though, she was up on the scorecards and didn't go into safe mode and cruise to a victory in the final round. Maybe she should have, but going out on her shield had to be worth something. If those two fought 100 times, Holm probably wins 99 of them.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Mystic Mac wasn't so mystic in that one. We were in Fort Walton, went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch it. Wasn't an empty seat in the place all night. Took us an hour and a half to get a table. Say what you want about Conor, but the guy is a huge draw for the company. No one has drawn ppv and gate numbers like he has.

I made the comment when Dos Anjos dropped out that if Dana White called Nate Diaz to take the fight on short notice, he'd show up in half an hour to fight the guy in the parking lot for $50 bucks. That's just the way those Diaz brothers are. I'm a big fan of McGregor and the Diazs, so it didn't disappoint me that he lost, the only disappointment is that the rumor was if McGregor won, he was calling Georges St. Pierre(who just happened to be cageside for the fight) out of retirement for a fight at UFC 200. Obviously that didn't pan out.

The bad thing about Holm losing is having to stomach Rousey vs Tate 3, after their first two fights were a landslide for Ronda. Props to Holm though, she was up on the scorecards and didn't go into safe mode and cruise to a victory in the final round. Maybe she should have, but going out on her shield had to be worth something. If those two fought 100 times, Holm probably wins 99 of them.

Call out GSP? Even though he hasn't fought for 2 years, he would have taken McGregor down at will and pounded on him on the ground.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Call out GSP? Even though he hasn't fought for 2 years, he would have taken McGregor down at will and pounded on him on the ground.
Yep. But it would have been a huge ppv draw.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Diaz should stick to fighting at 155. But why not? Nate can get revenge for his brother.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Yeah, Holm was 1 and done. Got choked out by Tate.
Holm made a mistake that cost her the match, she was pretty dominant in the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and leading in the 5th. I think she wins the rematch with Tate and Ronda. She defended 6/8 takedowns so it's not like Tate took her down at will.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Holm made a mistake that cost her the match, she was pretty dominant in the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and leading in the 5th. I think she wins the rematch with Tate and Ronda. She defended 6/8 takedowns so it's not like Tate took her down at will.

The fight would have ended in a draw assuming Tate won round 5. All judges gave Holm an 8 score in round 2. Would have ended at 47-47.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
The fight would have ended in a draw assuming Tate won round 5. All judges gave Holm an 8 score in round 2. Would have ended at 47-47.
Which is why I hate the 10 point system. If we have a 5 rd fight and I win 3 rounds I should win the fight. Let's say it does go to the judges if you calculate the time won by holly compared to the time won by Tate it would have been something like Holly 17 minutes Tate 8. I think judges should only mark who they thought won each round

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dayum that was funny:lmao2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics