NBA Finals - Cavs VS GS

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n233988 said:
They double teamed him more and forced the rest of the team to try and make shots.
haven't watched a second of this finals but with their other top 2 players out this just now happened?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n234062 said:
haven't watched a second of this finals but with their other top 2 players out this just now happened?

Crazy, I know.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How many guys are left on the Cleveland roster after the latest injury? Six? Seven? The subplot for this series has become LeBron's ability to put the team on his back and haul it singlehandedly toward an NBA title. If he succeeds, and against a team some of the so-called pundits were already comparing to some of the great NBA teams of alltime, his stature will skyrocket.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;234406]How many guys are left on the Cleveland roster after the latest injury? Six? Seven? The subplot for this series has become LeBron's ability to put the team on his back and haul it singlehandedly toward an NBA title. If he succeeds, and against a team some of the so-called pundits were already comparing to some of the great NBA teams of alltime, his stature will skyrocket.[/QUOTE]

It will be basically between he and Jordan for supremacy. And although I was sure that Jordan was untouchable at the top 4 years ago, I'm not as sure anymore. Especially if Lebron pulls this out.

Where Jordan trumps Lebron isn't skill or the ability to carry a team/will a team to a championship. It's his marketing stature and legendary clutch plays. Hell, all stars asked for his autograph during games.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n234432 said:
It will be basically between he and Jordan for supremacy. And although I was sure that Jordan was untouchable at the top 4 years ago, I'm not as sure anymore. Especially if Lebron pulls this out.

Where Jordan trumps Lebron isn't skill or the ability to carry a team/will a team to a championship. It's his marketing stature and legendary clutch plays. Hell, all stars asked for his autograph during games.
To me the thing that separated Jordan from all the other players was the insatiable, almost maniacal need to compete. Jordan's father, in the wake of the drug and money laundering trial of former Jordan associate James "Slim" Boulder, said Michael "doesn't have a gambling problem; he has a competition problem."

And where Jordan couldn't find the competition on the court the satisfy the need, he would manufacture it, such as the 1992 NBA Finals when the media played up the Drexler-Jordan face-to-face competition for 2-guard supremacy and Jordan promptly went out and torched the Blazers for an NBA-record six first-half threes. Or after Knicks coach Jeff Gundy called Jordan a "con man" during the '97 playoffs over his tendency to buddy up to certain players and then beat them mercilessly on the court. Jordan went out the next night and lit up the Knicks for 51. The guy was simply a cold-blooded assassin.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Larry Bird and Majic Johnson were the original assassins. Never missed at money time for the win. Jordan was fun to watch. I stopped watching the NBA after Latrell Sprewell spit on his coach. I have no clue about Lebron.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Kobe's post-Shaq championships were very impressive to me. Those teams werent overly talented aside from maybe Gasol and some good d from Worldpeace.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n234541 said:
Kobe's post-Shaq championships were very impressive to me. Those teams werent overly talented aside from maybe Gasol and some good d from Worldpeace.

I dunno. That team had 4 guys that were all-stars at some point (Kobe, Gasol, World Peace and Bynum), plus Derek Fisher - a solid PG and coach on the floor, and Lamar Odom who was on the US team at the time. I think the 95 rockets had a lot less.

If Lebron somehow pulls this out this would have to be the all time worst team to win without question. Who is the second best guy right now? Mozgov?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The rockets had olajuwan ( i can't spell ****) drexler cassel horry kenny the jet. They had a good squad. But what was impressive, they swept a loaded magic team in the finals that had penny hardaway, shaq nick anderson, horace grant dennis Scott.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n234569 said:
The rockets had olajuwan ( i can't spell ****) drexler cassel horry kenny the jet. They had a good squad. But what was impressive, they swept a loaded magic team in the finals that had penny hardaway, shaq nick anderson, horace grant dennis Scott.

They swept a Magic team that was too young for the spotlight. That was really a two-man team of Hakeem and Drexler. Horry was probably their third best guy. He had a solid career, but he was never an all-star.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n234576 said:
They swept a Magic team that was too young for the spotlight. That was really a two-man team of Hakeem and Drexler. Horry was probably their third best guy. He had a solid career, but he was never an all-star.

Olajuwon had a monster series and Hardaway had just the opposite. He shrunk further and further with each passing game.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
The curse of Cleveland lives on due to all the injuries. As heroic as LeBron has been in leading what is left of that team, they are running on empty against a much deeper, injury-free team.

That said, it's been a much more compelling series than most expected. Would've been an even greater finals if Love and Irving were healthy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NoGaGator;n235041 said:
The curse of Cleveland lives on due to all the injuries. As heroic as LeBron has been in leading what is left of that team, they are running on empty against a much deeper, injury-free team.

That said, it's been a much more compelling series than most expected. Would've been an even greater finals if Love and Irving were healthy.
This series would be over if irving and love were healthy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This one's over so is the series

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shumpert and JR Smith wouldn't be starting on D-League teams. I don't know how either are starting in the Finals. JR has either air balled or had half his 3 pointers rejected. Seeing 3 pointers rejected is so rare. I've probably seen a dozen my entire life until this series. JR's had about 5 or 6 just blocked.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n235214 said:
Shumpert and JR Smith wouldn't be starting on D-League teams. I don't know how either are starting in the Finals. JR has either air balled or had half his 3 pointers rejected. Seeing 3 pointers rejected is so rare. I've probably seen a dozen my entire life until this series. JR's had about 5 or 6 just blocked.
Not a fan of Lebron's, but it's amazing that he's managed to even keep this series close with the roster full of scrubs he's having to play with. I'm sure he's frustrated as can be about right now.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Cleveland doesn't come back what will this make Lebron in the finals? Like 2-4 there is no way to spin that when you are 2-4 in crunch time series. Lebron isn't delivering as much as people thought he would.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n235218 said:
If Cleveland doesn't come back what will this make Lebron in the finals? Like 2-4 there is no way to spin that when you are 2-4 in crunch time series. Lebron isn't delivering as much as people thought he would.
Dude, he's averaging a triple double. What else could he do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator