NCAA Shuts Down Satellite Camps

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Top tier recruits are already in demand, and UM and Ohio State are not interested in second tier recruits.

This is a great point. Just look at how many Florida kids are on the rosters for UM, tOSU, etc. These camps would get them a bit more exposure, but it hasn't cost them anything in terms of getting into P5 schools historically.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There's no rule against coaches coming to Florida and speaking with recruits. How does a team's practicing in Florida help second tier recruits get more exposure? Top tier recruits are already in demand, and UM and Ohio State are not interested in second tier recruits. If schools do not have the resources to send coaches south to recruit, then they certainly don't have the resources to have a satellite practice. Please explain how anyone is hurt by this rule.
He's speaking about the camps...not spring practice. Camps are open to all the kids, so they get exposure they wouldn't get otherwise.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's no rule against coaches coming to Florida and speaking with recruits. How does a team's practicing in Florida help second tier recruits get more exposure? Top tier recruits are already in demand, and UM and Ohio State are not interested in second tier recruits. If schools do not have the resources to send coaches south to recruit, then they certainly don't have the resources to have a satellite practice. Please explain how anyone is hurt by this rule.

I wasn't talking about practices. I was talking about satellite camps. The kids most affected by satellite camps are those that are trying to get noticed because they are so for under the radar. Here is some information on them:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/110369/what-you-need-to-know-about-satellite-camps

As far as practices I did say in my post that you should have to be on campus or within a certain distance. And should be in a neutral zone if not on campus. Not on the high school campus like Harbaugh did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.