***NCAA Tournament*** Florida vs South Carolina

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's what, four regional final losses since 2010? This hurts.
Getting to the Elite 8 and then not getting into the final four is like kissing your sister. Totally unsatisfying. Unless you're using your tongue, in which case a regional final loss is deviant and transgressive.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Then why not call an is for Allen...he finally touched it with a min left and got an and 1...can't go 10 min with the PG dribbling for 29 sec and throwing up a bs shot

How are we going to beat them trading 22-footers for layups? That was the fundamental problem we faced in this game. They're physically dominant.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't say I was especially impressed with how the zebras called this game, but you gotta give SC credit. They played amazing defense. Not sure why we were trying to drive the basket in the final minute, down by 6 points. Seems to me our % ain't good on the inside against their zone. I felt we should've been trying for 3s instead, but I'm no Bball xpert. Was a good run to the Elite Eight. I don't think many of us expected them to go much beyond the first or 2nd round without Eggy, so they over-achieved really. It's still great to be a Florida Gator!
:chomp:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Getting to the Elite 8 and then not getting into the final four is like kissing your sister. Totally unsatisfying. Unless you're using your tongue, in which case a regional final loss is deviant and transgressive.

:lol:

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
OWNED and DESTROYED, live by the 3 die by the 3, the 3 hides a lot of weaknesses, coaches and players,
but it was a fun tournament

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
How are we going to beat them trading 22-footers for layups? That was the fundamental problem we faced in this game. They're physically dominant.
We had those shots because White wont call a play or design a play to screen off the ball to get good players open. It's the same crap offense UK ran...but Cal has even gone away from it and gone to more screening instead of 100% dribble drive

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Another good ole fashion Gator choke job. Reminded me of the Louisville game a few years back. Elite 8 as well if I remember correctly. We were killing it from 3 in the first half of that one too, but went ice cold in the 2nd just like this game. Still made it further than I ever thought we would, perhaps we caught some breaks not having to play Villanova or duke as well. We would have gotten destroyed on the inside by Gonzaga anyways. South Carolina will be able to challenge them more than us. Still think the Zags take 'em though. Still a greater than expected season and that's hard to complain about.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We lost this game for one reason and one reason only: the gamecocks played incredible defense. Sometimes you just got a hand it to them. We have a bunch of open looks for three-pointers they just want falling.

We could not drive because their guards were better than ours. I have no clue if White is the best coach around but you can't judge him on going to the elite eight and being disappointed in a team nobody thought we get to the elite eight especially after we lost our big man

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
We had those shots because White wont call a play or design a play to screen off the ball to get good players open. It's the same crap offense UK ran...but Cal has even gone away from it and gone to more screening instead of 100% dribble drive

We just did not have enough today. Barry very poor from three even when open. Almost no inside offense, still we should be very happy to make the elite eight with our lacks on offense.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I saw it different. We were able to get guard penetration, but instead of dishing off to someone in the paint or off on the flank, our guy would put up a prayer.

We have some issues and need some polish, but we're headed in the right direction.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Not a lot of ball movement in the second half, just a bunch of standing and dribbling until the desperation heave. No real threat to draw a foul when silva and Thornton were in foul trouble. I hope this turns out to be an "a-ha" moment and major turning point for White.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We lost this game for one reason and one reason only: the gamecocks played incredible defense.

Exactly. Gonzaga is gonna have its hands full.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
D-Rob was rarely seen.

Players weren't run through Allen enough.

Barry was non-existent.

Missed every three we took the second half.

Couldn't get a defensive rebound to save our life.

And yes, the refs sucked a big fat hairy one.

The farther you go in the tourney, the harder it is when you lose. So close to the Final Four...

I'm inconsolable right now.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
They played 5 feet from the rim and we played 20. You're not going to win many like that.

Our defense was not there today. They owned us inside.

It was a great great season. Tough loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.