***NCAA Tournament*** Florida vs South Carolina

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SC had people all over Allen. That was their plan to take him out of the game and force someone else to beat them. It worked. We had tired legs in the second half. When your legs are tired, you don't get the same lift on your shot and the result is flat shots and short shots. I saw a ton of those.

They had two or three offensive rebounds in the second half that absolutely killed us. That and a few nifty passes in the paint when their guy was guarded. They got some easy, peasy points. We struggled for every one of ours.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We lost this game for one reason and one reason only: the gamecocks played incredible defense. Sometimes you just got a hand it to them. We have a bunch of open looks for three-pointers they just want falling.

We could not drive because their guard I was better than ours. I have no clue when is the best coach around but you can't judge him on going to the elite eight and being disappointed in a team nobody thought we get to the elite eight especially after we lost our big man
While I like your gist, I disagree with the number of reasons why we lost. It was a combination of reasons.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
South Carolina needs to get a lot of credit for just beating us, physically. Their bigs are really good, and we just got completely schooled underneath. They closed up the passing lanes and forced our guards to drive.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
While I like your gist, I disagree with the number of reasons why we lost. It was a combination of reasons.

Yes mostly this team has survived by one player taking over the game and delivering the goods. Today there were none that good. Great year and now on to next year's team. Perhaps this experience will encourage one to come back for finishing some business.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. Gonzaga is gonna have its hands full.

You're insane 78. S c has one good player . We just made a no talent white boy look like bill Walton .

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're insane 78. S c has one good player . We just made a no talent white boy look like bill Walton .

You're calling 12 points and three boards special? I hardly think that guy was the reason we lost.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're calling 12 points and three boards special? I hardly think that guy was the reason we lost.

When he averages around 5 to 6 ppg yes it was an unexpected problem

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So sad to be eliminated. I have no idea how we stayed so close in score, 'til the give up end? Foremost, we did not have physically solid enough "big-men". Gak looks useable for next year. As many games before, DRob let them tell him "no". Their knowledgeable inside "dish-offs" kept Hayes twisted backward beneath the basket, then his man simply bumped him out of the way. SC had the better ingredients and we didn't have an Egbunu beneath.

Very good season for these guys and for a 2nd year coach. Hope DRob stays but he needs more "take-over" traits to go with better shot-hands. White had better get Stone & Hester ready for 20+ minutes' play. Gak shows promise, just needs dominance-play instilled (coached) into his big-style.

Hope DRob comes back (for his own sake). He's got to get better, even for us much less the NBA. Hope Egbunu returns all healed up. Hope some of our incoming freshmen "big" will give more minutes of solid play than freshmen of this year.

This was an excitingly fun season, even with too little inside scoring & rebound control. Seems like most times we got ahead, they caught up with us, then we pulled it out - most times. Gotta say looking forward to next year.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Not a lot of ball movement in the second half, just a bunch of standing and dribbling until the desperation heave. No real threat to draw a foul when silva and Thornton were in foul trouble. I hope this turns out to be an "a-ha" moment and major turning point for White.

Response by our team to that zone defense and our lacks both inside and from three. Every player needs to work of playing zone and defeating it for next year.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I wasn't able to watch the game but listened to the radio broadcast, it sounded like we fouled them every time they touched the ball in the second half. I was commenting to my family that it was unreal, literally every defensive stand ended in points or a foul.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did we intentionally foul when only down by 2 with 50+ seconds left?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Got that
322120067.jpg
feeling... damn!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Missed Eggy big time tonight. They killed us in the paint.

Probably would have won anyway though if we'd have just hit 2 of the 14 three pointers we attempted in the second half.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well,

1. I wonder if two seasons from now we look back and are shocked that Stone played so little during this run.

2. Robinson was the missing guy this game. Shooting goes up and down, but Robinson got 1 rebound and only took 5 shots, only 2 inside the arc.

3. Leon played great.

4. The officiating as others have said was pathetic. White jerseys in the NCAA tourney is something you better be prepared for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator