NCAA Tourney Thread

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
That's not good.
At a bit of a disadvantage though. Hard to recruit big men when we possibly could have Egbunu, Hayes, Gak, Bassett, Stone, Robinson and then freshman Johnson and Stokes at the 4/5 spot

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At a bit of a disadvantage though. Hard to recruit big men when we possibly could have Egbunu, Hayes, Gak, Bassett, Stone, Robinson and then freshman Johnson and Stokes at the 4/5 spot

Who's going to back up Cheese at the point?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Who's going to back up Cheese at the point?
Depends on who stays and who leaves.
If Egbunu and Robinson return as they should (feeling I am getting), then Okauru will have to be a walkon or won't be in the class unless someone else leaves early or becomes a walkon.

Assuming Okauru somehow is on the team:

Chiozza/Hester/Okauru/Allen

Assuming he isn't (totally up in the air now):

Chiozza/Hester/Allen

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Egbunu and Robinson return as they should (feeling I am getting), then Okauru will have to be a walkon or won't be in the class unless someone else leaves early or becomes a walkon.

Chiozza/Hester/Allen

Allen might back him up but nothing about his game screams point guard to me. That guy looks like a shooting guard through and through.

I don't know anything about Hester.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Allen might back him up but nothing about his game screams point guard to me. That guy looks like a shooting guard through and through.

I don't know anything about Hester.
Hester is similar to Allen, but more of a PG imo then SG, where Allen is a SG that can play a little PG. Okauru is very similar to Hester as well I think. Hopefully Chiozza puts in the work and can make 40% of his 3pters next year to open things up for him to create for others

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
If we are in a 8 pt game with 5 min to go, Hill's arse needs to sit and go with cho, Allen and 3 bigs. Let the cards fall where they may but tired of seeing Hill shyt the bed at the end of the game.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I am guessing UF is a 4 in the South in Orlando though the region is irrelevant but the pod can help. No idea on the opponent.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
If we are in a 8 pt game with 5 min to go, Hill's arse needs to sit and go with cho, Allen and 3 bigs. Let the cards fall where they may but tired of seeing Hill shyt the bed at the end of the game.

That is the way I felt about E.Walker. Donovan never changed and I doubt that White will. As I told a friend of mine who feels much like you, you only have to suffer through one more loss with Hil.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Chiozza/Hester/Allen

I will be really shocked if Robinson stays. Something about his play makes me think Allen may well go too.

If Egbunu stays, then I could see a rotation of:

G: Chiozza, Hudson and Hester
F: Stone, Hayes and whomever out of Bassett, Johnson, Stokes and maybe a grad transfer if UF ends up with room is most ready to play.
C: Egbunu and Gak

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I will be really shocked if Robinson stays. Something about his play makes me think Allen may well go too.

If Egbunu stays, then I could see a rotation of:

G: Chiozza, Hudson and Hester
F: Stone, Hayes and whomever out of Bassett, Johnson, Stokes and maybe a grad transfer if UF ends up with room is most ready to play.
C: Egbunu and Gak
I really don't think Allen leaves...he has to get better and way more consitent and better dribbling the ball. He won't get drafted and seems like he wants to be here.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Seems that Arky's gameplan of attacking Vandy in the paint is working....imagine that. Yeah..I am still pissed.

1. It worked for UF early with Stone scoring a couple of early baskets and UF leading early. Then UF got lazy on offense and quick working the ball inside.

2. No reason to be pissed, you won't even remember these two games if UF makes it out of the first weekend of the big tourney.

3. The bracket project still has UF as the top 4 seed:

https://bracketmatrix.com/

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Are we done anointing Drew yet? Bout to be handed his 15th loss and are getting pwned by a team we pwned.

Vandy is just not a good matchup for us. Seems like a mental issue as well.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Are we done anointing Drew yet? Bout to be handed his 15th loss and are getting pwned by a team we pwned.

Vandy is just not a good matchup for us. Seems like a mental issue as well.

Or it could have just been bad luck. UF played them at home after being roughed up at SoCar and maybe assumed they would win. Then UF played them back to back game both in Nashville when they badly needed to win and UF was already securely in the field.

I know that is a bit of rationalizing and I personally feel a bit like you after losing 5 straight to a program we at one time owned that under went a coaching change. I do agree UF might have a bit of a mental block playing them now.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
1. It worked for UF early with Stone scoring a couple of early baskets and UF leading early. Then UF got lazy on offense and quick working the ball inside.

2. No reason to be pissed, you won't even remember these two games if UF makes it out of the first weekend of the big tourney.

3. The bracket project still has UF as the top 4 seed:

https://bracketmatrix.com/
No I won't, unless they beat us in the sweet 16.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Or it could have just been bad luck. UF played them at home after being roughed up at SoCar and maybe assumed they would win. Then UF played them back to back game both in Nashville when they badly needed to win and UF was already securely in the field.

I know that is a bit of rationalizing and I personally feel a bit like you after losing 5 straight to a program we at one time owned that under went a coaching change. I do agree UF might have a bit of a mental block playing them now.

It's really hard to understand why we struggle so much with them. However, we had a shot to tie or win all 3 games, just didn't get the roll/bounce.

Seeing Arky do this to them makes me feel better oddly enough. We have no issues with Arky so I really think it's kinda flukey that we can't beat Vandy. We gonna be alright.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
4 or 5 does not matter. I see both the as the same. I still think we'll be in Orlando. Just hope we aren't matched up with the fighting Catholics or the boils.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator