NCAA Tourney Thread

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
So if Hill had made two layups against Vandy you would be saying UF is playing great? UF lost at UK with a huge FT disparity, lost twice in Nashville in really close games UF had a chance to win at the end and beat UAR at home. All of that adds up to you thinking UF is not playing well as of late? Again had Hill made a layup or two you likely would be saying UF is playing great?

My biggest problem with this is that Coach White hasn't realized that Hill has no clutch abilities whatsoever. He failed once and then calls his number again. Both times a fail because that's what Casey Hill does. I hope he's learned his lesson to call someone else's # if the game is on the line.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Actually the transitive property probably does work in large numbers in sports, but does not work without stochastic error. Never the less, the data you cited is not a matter of transitivity or at least pure transitivitiy.

Transitivity would be something like Vandy beat UF, UAR beat Vandy, therefore UAR would beat UF. Clearly transitivity was violated in this case in the SEC this year.

The data I offered which really was a repeat of what someone earlier pointed out in either this or another thread just suggests than OU and ETSU are not only similarly ranked, but have similar offensive and defensive efficiency rankings. That means that OU and ETSU are teams of similar abilities. That does not mean UF would beat OU in a rematch despite the big win at their place. Similarly it does not mean UF will win big against ETSU.
No they're not. Iguess you'll see on Thursday.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Little brother Wilbekin looks exactly like Scottie, only smaller. And he's having a solid game for Wake so far.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
My biggest problem with this is that Coach White hasn't realized that Hill has no clutch abilities whatsoever. He failed once and then calls his number again. Both times a fail because that's what Casey Hill does. I hope he's learned his lesson to call someone else's # if the game is on the line.

I hope you'll someday learn that it's Kasey, not Casey

;)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wake forest is playing some top notch D right now

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
2017 spelling bee champ!!!

5th grade I came in 3rd place. Get it right.

And really I was making a point on how he hopes White would figure it out by now, yet can't even get Hill's name right. I know that went over your head, glad I could help you understand:)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

And really I was making a point on how he hopes White would figure it out by now, yet can't even get Hill's name right. I know that went over your head, glad I could help you understand:)
I'm glad you clarified. And 3rd place is pretty solid. Let's not sell yourself short here, man.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Not to one up you, and I'm not even lying, I finished 2nd in the county spelling bee in 5th grade. :lol:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Let's take a moment to remember some of the great moments of the last couple tourneys.

Northern Iowa winning on a half court buzzer beater last year.

Two years ago, Georgia State hitting an epic 3 to take down Baylor while their injured coach (and father of the shooter) falls off his stool. :lol:

And of course, the most cold-blooded shot in tournament history last year.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
UVa has 11 points in 11:30 of game time. This UNCW team is very athletic.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wilmington too fast for UVA right now. UVA likes to play slow tight defensive games

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I don't think UVa has the offense to come back from being down 12. :lol3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member