NCAA won't let Oregon practice as much as OSU

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
oxrageous;n147177 said:
There's no question there's a lot of Gator fans, like yourself, that desperately don't want to see Urban Meyer hoist that trophy. It isn't even about OSU - it's about their personal hatred of Meyer.

Its not at all. Yeah I dislike how he left Florida and immediately took the OSU job. But I don't harbor a personal hatred of him. He is an outstanding coach. He'd have to be to do what he's done with a 3rd stringer. I just don't think any team can adequately prepare for Oregon's offense this year in a week, especially not a team that gave up 35 points to an idiot. This isn't about some silly vendetta, its about the football aspect, and I think Oregon is simply far and away a better team

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n147184 said:
Its not at all. Yeah I dislike how he left Florida and immediately took the OSU job. But I don't harbor a personal hatred of him. He is an outstanding coach. He'd have to be to do what he's done with a 3rd stringer. I just don't think any team can adequately prepare for Oregon's offense this year in a week, especially not a team that gave up 35 points to an idiot.
You know, pretty much everyone in the country said that leading up to the Oregon/Auburn game in 2010.

And here's another question for you: How the hell did ARIZONA beat Oregon earlier this year? They are not unbeatable.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
oxrageous;n147185 said:
You know, pretty much everyone in the country said that leading up to the Oregon/Auburn game in 2010.

If I'm not mistaken, apart from Newton, wasn't Auburn known for its defense that year? In addition, there was a considerably longer time for Auburn to prepare for that game. I don't think that Oregon team had the firepower of this one either. They certainly didn't have as good a QB

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
oxrageous;n147185 said:

And here's another question for you: How the hell did ARIZONA beat Oregon earlier this year? They are not unbeatable.

That game kind of feels like Ole Miss for us in 2008. We asked the same thing. Oregon has obliterated everyone since that game

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure that I understand all the duckgasms. They pretty much laid an egg in every championship game so far.

That being said I have hated the Nuts since the late 70s. I wont change bc of Vagiina Creyer.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Embrace the duckgasm. It feels good.

Although I guess the Nutgasms people are having feel good to them to so....

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
MJMGator;n147143 said:
Meyer will have them ready. Special teams will be the difference. By the way, that idiot OC hung 42 and over 600 yards on our vaunted defense.

That's because we couldn't find the midline.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n147185 said:

Auburn had a month to prepare. Arizona sees them every year. Much like when SOS and Meyer was the coach the other teams in that conference and especially that division are preparing for Oregon's style regularly not just that one week. But they are beatable, there is no juggernaut team this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;147120 said:
Havent you seen enough to know better than to bet against Urbs?

I'm not crazy to bet against him. I just don't think he has the defensive unit to stop the Oregon offense. This is not like Auburn versus Oregon and not like Florida versus Oklahoma. Those Florida and Auburn defenses were loaded with first round picks/NFL players. There are a couple on Ohio State but that defense is nothing like the Florida and Auburn teams. Bama is a disaster in their defensive backfield and I think would've been annihilated by Oregon as well.

The reason Arizona did so well is because they run the same defense that we do. The 2-9 defense.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'd like to see Oregon win just for a change, and the fact that Mariotta and that offense are exciting to watch. That said, as others have posted, I wouldn't bet against Meyer in this setting, especially with a little extra time to prepare. If there was one positive that came from the Ala game it was that the whole "ran from Saban/Esoph Spasms" talk has finally somewhat subsided, and we're hearing the real issue, which is that many here simply hate the guy(which is fine with me, btw).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n147331 said:
I'm not crazy to bet against him. I just don't think he has the defensive unit to stop the Oregon offense. This is not like Auburn versus Oregon and not like Florida versus Oklahoma. Those Florida and Auburn defenses were loaded with first round picks/NFL players. There are a couple on Ohio State but that defense is nothing like the Florida and Auburn teams. Bama is a disaster in their defensive backfield and I think would've been annihilated by Oregon as well.

The reason Arizona did so well is because they run the same defense that we do. The 2-9 defense.

Also both had Heisman quarterbacks with plenty of playing experience.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Surprised nobody has brought this up - 'it's just practice'.

Attachments

• conv_1875.gif
    conv_1875.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 30

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is going to be a fun game to watch. I don't care who wins.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n147776 said:
This is going to be a fun game to watch. I don't care who wins.

It'll probably be a very good game.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The practice clause should be waived for this. If Meyer could whine about helping out relatives to get to a game, and get it changed in a few days, why doesn't he stand up for sportsmanship and want Oregon to have a level playing field? If I were Helfrich, I would.... Helfrich may be saving this for his excuse in case they lose.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For me, Meyer doesn't have anything to do with it. I want OSU to lose because of my interaction with their fans out in Glendale. I really didn't have an opinion of OSU before that game. But their fans were the worst group of people I have ever been around. Ever.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n147823 said:
For me, Meyer doesn't have anything to do with it. I want OSU to lose because of my interaction with their fans out in Glendale. I really didn't have an opinion of OSU before that game. But their fans were the worst group of people I have ever been around. Ever.

If you don't hate Ohio and everything about it, you aren't an real American.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator