New ball spin move taking over NBA

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It began with the change from the old leather ball to a new grippier synthetic version that allowed players greater control over the ball.

[video=youtube;E6zRGC2tgb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6zRGC2tgb0[/video]

It wasn't long before the league's elite point guards began to realize the sleight of hand at their disposal. How the hell do you guard the yo-yo?

John Wall

https://vine.co/v/OpUHA6Qmmmw

Jeff Teague

teagueyoyo.0.gif

Zach LaVine. This looks like a double to me.

https://vine.co/v/OPH7wVDdxtP

LINK

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In before someone says it's a carry.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Zach Levine put down some pretty nasty dunks in the dunk contest last night. It's a shame the rest of the field was so awful.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wall's isn't a carry but LaVine's is a carry AND a double. No call. :facepalm:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The NBA doesn't care about carrying or traveling. They just want highlights. They killed defense years ago. It's almost gotten to be like the WWE...entertainment for the simple-minded folk.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;177919]Wall's isn't a carry but LaVine's is a carry AND a double. No call. :facepalm: [/QUOTE]

Definite travel by LaVine. If he didn't dribble again, he'd have two steps but he picked up his dribble and used 2 hands. How is that not called...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NBA :lol: a waste of limited time on earth.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
GatorJ;n178073 said:
Definite travel by LaVine. If he didn't dribble again, he'd have two steps but he picked up his dribble and used 2 hands. How is that not called...

You and '78 are correct but as to the no-call...wasn't it an All-Star game or something?

If so, that never gets called.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n177905]It began with the change from the old leather ball to a new grippier synthetic version that allowed players greater control over the ball.

[video=youtube;E6zRGC2tgb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6zRGC2tgb0[/video]

It wasn't long before the league's elite point guards began to realize the sleight of hand at their disposal. How the hell do you guard the yo-yo?

John Wall

https://vine.co/v/OpUHA6Qmmmw

Jeff Teague

teagueyoyo.0.gif

Zach LaVine. This looks like a double to me.

https://vine.co/v/OPH7wVDdxtP

LINK[/QUOTE]

78, you're showing your age, sir. :D The Professor, the streetbal legend in the video you posted, has been doing this move for years. I understand why it would be perceived as being new as NBA players are just becoming hip to the fact that they can get away with it. That being said, a lot of the moves you see in the streetball circuits (like AND1) might be considered illegal or traveling in the NBA.

And as improved as the dunk contest was this year, I won't be satisfied until I see NBA players doing dunks as good as this:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In the video of the Professor dribbles it off the side of his foot. That's called too.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That's pretty good heversyle. That and1 mix tape stuff was fun to watch when it first came out

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n178354 said:
78, you're showing your age, sir. :D The Professor, the streetbal legend in the video you posted, has been doing this move for years. I understand why it would be perceived as being new as NBA players are just becoming hip to the fact that they can get away with it. That being said, a lot of the moves you see in the streetball circuits (like AND1) might be considered illegal or traveling in the NBA.

And as improved as the dunk contest was this year, I won't be satisfied until I see NBA players doing dunks as good as this:

I'm so old it's old news that I'm old. :-( Seriously, I wondered after watching the initial video why the Professor never got past street ball, or did he? I've never seen such mad ball skills.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n178444]

I'm so old it's old news that I'm old. :-( Seriously, I wondered after watching the initial video why the Professor never got past street ball, or did he? I've never seen such mad ball skills.[/QUOTE]

I think someone needs to introduce him to a weight room.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n178444]

I'm so old it's old news that I'm old. :-( Seriously, I wondered after watching the initial video why the Professor never got past street ball, or did he? I've never seen such mad ball skills.[/QUOTE]
Never heard of the guy but just watching this video I can tell you there is no backside help defense which would block most of those floaters he is putting up, and any good defender wouldnt be playing so far back allowing him to do his fancy dribbling then put a shot up. The kid is ridiculously talented when it comes to ball handling, but his game would not have made the jump to higher level collegiate or professional basketball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator