Not open for further replies.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And here's Mac.

University of Alabama On February 1, 2008, McElwain accepted an offer from Nick Saban to be the offensive coordinator at the University of Alabama.[4] In his first season as the offensive coordinator, the Crimson Tide finished the regular season 12–0, before falling to the University of Florida in the 2008 SEC Championship Game and the University of Utah in the 2009 Sugar Bowl.[5] In 2009, his offense led the Crimson Tide to a 12–0 regular season record. They then went on to defeat the number one team in the country, the Florida Gators, in the 2009 SEC Championship Game. There his offense dominated the Gators number one defense in the country and compiled 490 yards of offense, more than twice the yards the Gators defense had averaged giving up all year. McElwain's offense out rushed the Gators offense 251 yards to 88 yards, 63 of those yards coming from the 2007 Heisman winner Tim Tebow. His offense put up 32 points and held on to the ball for 39 minutes and 37 seconds, almost twice the Gators total of 20 minutes and 23 seconds.[6] Alabama went on to beat the Texas Longhorns in the 2010 BCS National Championship Game. In 2011, the Crimson Tide finished the season with a 12–1 record, and beat the LSU Tigers 21–0 in the 2012 BCS National Championship Game.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
williston_gator;n159119 said:
And here's Mac.

University of Alabama On February 1, 2008, McElwain accepted an offer from Nick Saban to be the offensive coordinator at the University of Alabama.[4] In his first season as the offensive coordinator, the Crimson Tide finished the regular season 12–0, before falling to the University of Florida in the 2008 SEC Championship Game and the University of Utah in the 2009 Sugar Bowl.[5] In 2009, his offense led the Crimson Tide to a 12–0 regular season record. They then went on to defeat the number one team in the country, the Florida Gators, in the 2009 SEC Championship Game. There his offense dominated the Gators number one defense in the country and compiled 490 yards of offense, more than twice the yards the Gators defense had averaged giving up all year. McElwain's offense out rushed the Gators offense 251 yards to 88 yards, 63 of those yards coming from the 2007 Heisman winner Tim Tebow. His offense put up 32 points and held on to the ball for 39 minutes and 37 seconds, almost twice the Gators total of 20 minutes and 23 seconds.[6] Alabama went on to beat the Texas Longhorns in the 2010 BCS National Championship Game. In 2011, the Crimson Tide finished the season with a 12–1 record, and beat the LSU Tigers 21–0 in the 2012 BCS National Championship Game.

Thanks Williston. This same info has been posted here several times since Mac & Nuss came on board. I know Law has seen it a dozen times before and I know he refuses to acknowledge it. So I wasn't going to wast my time proving something he would not believe if it were nailed to his forehead.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Bullag8r;n159126 said:
Thanks Williston. This same info has been posted here several times since Mac & Nuss came on board. I know Law has seen it a dozen times before and I know he refuses to acknowledge it. So I wasn't going to wast my time proving something he would not believe if it were nailed to his forehead.

There are a few on here that need to stop jumping off the cliff for sure. Anybody can say yes they think Foley may have waitied a bit long, but that does not make him a bad AD. His numbers speak for themselves. Some lack in patience which is what all Gator fans have to implement right now. We have a solid staff. The WM days are past us, let's give the new staff a chance. What's happening is typical when there is a wholesale change. Future looks bright, Go Gators!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:rotfl: 28 tds in a 13 games season huh? Puts him solidly in the Dylan Thompson/Blake Sims range. Hell we have an offensive savant on our hands. Move over Spurrier.

Every offense Nusschamp has touched has fallen precipitously from the previous OC, even at Meatchicken's godawful offense. Saban ran him off to get an OC that did something other than run up the middle.

Dont pizz on my head and tell me its raining. These two disastrous coordinator hires are a big reason (not the biggest obviouslty that is on Chimp) we cant even flip a kid from Kintucky or UCF.

I hope he was dirt cheap.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator;n159133 said:
Every offense Nusschamp has touched has fallen precipitously from the previous OC, even at Meatchicken's godawful offense. Saban ran him off to get an OC that did something other than run up themiddle. Dont pizz on my head and tell me its raining. I hope he was dirt cheap.

you are so predictable. try something original. You're schtick is really tedious

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Frankly, I would prefer championships as opposed to records. Bama won three with McElwain and Nussmeier in charge of the offense. Since they left (fired or not) they have won none...with the same head coach and the same defensive coordinator. That implies to me that they were effective in their roles, whether they set any records or not.

I'm guessing Bama fans would also prefer winning titles to putting big offensive numbers on the board.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Since65;n159141 said:
Frankly, I would prefer championships as opposed to records. Bama won three with McElwain and Nussmeier in charge of the offense. Since they left (fired or not) they have won none...with the same head coach and the same defensive coordinator. That implies to me that they were effective in their roles, whether they set any records or not.

I'm guessing Bama fans would also prefer winning titles to putting big offensive numbers on the board.

This

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Since65;n159141 said:

yes

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Macelwain couldnt win a championship in the Mountain Conference. He is as likely to win a championship bc he used to work for a great HC as Dan Mullen is.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator;n159149 said:
Macelwain couldnt win a championship in the Mountain Conference. He is as likely to win a championship bc he used to work for a great HC as Dan Mullen is.

"Septic Circle Jerker" is spot on

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Law98gator;n159149 said:

As they say on ESPN...."come on, man"! Now you're just grasping at straws.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Law98gator;n159149 said:

It must really suck to be you. Have you tried anti depressants?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n159159 said:
Law is in midseason form.
lm not going to be around in midseason.

Thee tea leaves are easy to read. Same guys on offense. OL will have at least three freshmen playing. We may play five and even walkons if we have the normal amount of injuries. Nusschamp couldnt score with that OL even if he had Richardson and Lacy back.

Defense will have to adjust to a new scheme being called by Mr. 80 Ranked Defense.

The offense will clearly be on Chimp, but blowing up the defense is on Mac.

Vandy and two of the cupcakes games are the only clear wins I see. I wont be surprised to see us lose to ECU and even go winless in the SEC.

I didnt see 4-8 coming. This one is obvious. Im turning it off. Too painful to think about even.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n159189 said:
lm not going to be around in midseason.

Law98gator;n159189 said:
I didnt see 4-8 coming. This one is obvious. Im turning it off. Too painful to think about even.

You're such a tease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member